Chapter 17

Against All The Odds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BORAM'S POV

Hyomin's sister was still here in my condo.

 

It really annoys me that I can't remember her name even though she keeps running on my head.

 

"Will you please stop staring at me? It's making me uncomfortable" She said and rolled her eyes on me.

 

If this girl serves the Eagle Mafia she must've been really strong.

 

This girl is not an easy on-

 

"Yah!" I angrily yelled at her.

 

She just throw the pillow right on my face

 

This is the second time she did this to me.

 

The first one is when we first met.

 

And this is annoying.

 

Nobody dares to hit this cute face!!!

 

"I told you. Stop staring!" She said.

 

Tsk.

 

I just throw the pillow back to the couch.

 

"You're lucky I never hit my girlfriends" I said.

 

"But you play with their feelings. You hurt them emotionally and mentally" She said.

 

That made me sit beside her.

 

 

 

Closer.

 

And smirked.

 

"Sweetheart it's not a secret to everyone that I'm a playgirl, as everybody call me but it's their choice to hang out and be my girlfriend. It's not like I forced them to" I said.

 

And she push me lightly and then look away.

 

I giggled.

 

"You're really cute and I like that....You know I make an exception for you. I will never date anyone as long as you're my girlfriend." I said.

 

She look at me and smile.

 

"Good. So then, let's break up and you should go date someone else coz I'm not interested." She said.

 

She's ruining the moment.

 

This girl is really a challenge.

 

I sighed.

 

"Look. I wanna help you move on from Jihyun. You don't have to love or something. Be my girlfriend and let's have fun together." I said.

 

That is probably the sincerest thing I ever said to my girlfriends.

 

"That sounds crazy. No" She said.

 

Heol.

 

"Crazy is fun but ok....what if I court you?" I ask and she look surprised.

 

"Court me?!!! Are you serious? Why would you court me? You can't even remember my name and you don't like me!" She said.

 

"Yes, I will court you and I'm serious and yes, I might not remember your name but how can you be so sure that I don't like you?" I said

 

"You like my sister Jeon Boram?!!"

 

Soyeon and I both got startled with that voice.

 

Park Hyomin....

 

THE NEXT DAY

AREUM'S POV

I'm kinda worried right now.

 

Jiyeon didn't come home last night.

 

"Did Jiyeon call you?" Qri unnie ask me.

 

"Maybe her Mom let her stay or it's possible that she got scolded for driving alone" I said and drink my coffee.

 

I'm worried but if she's with her Mom I know she'll be alright.

 

"Uh-huh and don't you feel a little guilty about it? You are sent here to guard her right?" She said.

 

Tsk.

 

"And I'm also sent here to follow her orders. So it wasn't really my fault if she insisted to go alone" I said.

 

Qri and I were having conversation here in the kitchen when suddenly...

 

There's a strange noise like someone just destroyed the door.

 

We immediately run to check it.

 

My eyes widen in shock.

 

OMG!!

 

SHE LITERALLY DESTROY THE MAIN DOOR!!

 

"Why do you look so mad?" Qri unnie ask.

 

I don't know what happen but I'm sure of one thing.

 

Her dino mode is .

 

"They took my parents" Jiyeon said while clenching her fist.

 

"Who took your parents?! What do you mean?" I ask.

 

"Wild Beast Mafia" She said.

 

WHAT THE H!!

 

"Did they see you?" Qri unnie ask.

 

Jiyeon shook her head.

 

"They purposedly left ahjumma alive" She said.

 

Damn!

 

I have a bad feeling about this.

 

I get my phone and call home.

 

Ahjumma pick up the phone.

 

"Ahjumma. Where is Mom and Dad?" I ask.

 

"They didn't come home Areumie. They left last and meet Qri's parents before they headed to the Park's. Your Mom said they're going to have dinner" She said.

 

Darn!!

 

I accidentally throw my phone out of anger.

 

"What's wrong?" Qri unnie ask.

 

"They have our parents too!" I said.

 

"They'll be after us too." Jiyeon said.

 

"Yes, they will be but as long as nobody knows Jiyeon's real identity everything will be ok" Qri unnie said.

 

"But they already have Mrs. Park. It'll only take them few minutes to realize everything" I said.

 

"No. Mrs. Park is just like our parents Areumie. Our families serves the Dragon Mafia" She said

 

"What? How come I was the heiress then if we just serve just like you do?" Jiyeon ask.

 

"Yeah. She's not supposed to be a heiress if she's like us" I said.

 

"I don't know the answers to your questions. Our parents hides a lot of secrets." She said.

 

"Ok.  I think I better skip class and investigate." I said.

 

"How will you investigate by yourself?" Jiyeon ask.

 

"I'll be needing the help of that geek" I said.

 

Yup.

 

Her.

 

Tsk.

 

"Ok...Jiyeon you better skip school too and just come with me" Qri unnie said to Jiyeon.

 

"No. I'm going to school. I can protect myself. If they attack me it's much better. I could kill them faster" She said and which made my mouth hang open.

 

She's ruthless when she's mad.

 

Tsk.

 

GYURI'S POV

"What do you plan to do with those people?" Yuri ask me.

 

I thought Suzy is the only one who loves asking.

 

"I don't know yet but it's easier for me to find my sisters if no one protects them." I said.

 

"You already found your sisters unnie?" Suzy ask.

 

"Not yet but I found out that I only need to search one of them. The lost heiress of the Eagle was not really lost. Her father just let her live as a normal person. And I also heard that he and her wife raise the heiress of the Dragon when the Dragon Mafia Queen dies" I said.

 

I know it's a bit confusing but let me explain things.

 

My father now who is the mafia boss of Wild Beast clan is not really my father.

 

My story is a bit complicated.

 

Let's start with my Mom.

 

My Mom was supposed to marry the next mafia boss of the Eagle Mafia.

 

Things were doing alright until my Mom's bestfriend came.

 

Now my real father fall in love with my Mom's bestfriend.

 

My Mom is the kind of person who's really kind and all. Tsk.

 

Glad I wasn't like her.

 

And so my Mom let her bestfriend marry my real father without knowing that she's pregnant.

 

My Mom doesn't wanna ruin her bestfriend's life and the man that she loves and decided to marry the next Wild Beast Mafia boss and convince him to take me as his own child.

 

So my real father doesn't even know I existed. How fun is that?!

 

And so my Mom live with my step Dad for years and have another kid which is the heiress of the Eagle Mafia.

 

Well, my step Dad was kinda ruthless so and my Mom doesn't really love him so she decided to run away and take my sister with her.

 

Nobody knows where did she go.

 

I hated her for leaving me alone with my stepfather.

 

It makes me feel like she only cares and love my younger sister.

 

But then, few days after my Mom runaway she came back....alone.

 

My step Dad was furious about it so he ended her life immediately

 

I was still young that time but my Mom's death was really vivid to me.

 

I saw how she got beheaded by the katana.

 

So now my step Dad's dad decreed that only one of us will rule the mafia world before he dies.

 

Being the most active and powerful mafia right now everybody must obey that will.

 

And so I have to make sure I will win.

 

"Any information about the Park's daughter?" I ask.

 

"Well, it seems like Mrs. Park didn't let her daughter be involve in the mafia world. The kid was clueless and I don't think she doesn't know the real identity of Areum and Qri" Yuri explained.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter