Chapter 8

Against All The Odds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

EUNJUNG'S POV

"My fiancée and I lives in one roof now" She said

 

I frown.

 

I feel like I want to punch someone right now.

 

"Eunjung" She said

 

I can't look at her with this anger building inside me.

 

"I told you I would understand if you want to break up with me" She said.

 

Break up?

 

We just got together and she wanted to us to break up?

 

"Park Jiyeon....Please take me seriously...." I said and she look down.

 

"I am that's why I'm willing to let you go if I had to" She said still not looking at me.

 

"Well, you don't have to." I said and held her face making her look at me.

 

"I know we just met but....I feel like I've known you for years already. You gave me this new kind of feeling and at the same time you're bringing back the same kind of feeling I used to have before" I said.

 

Her eyes went teary.

 

...then she hug me.

 

"I feel the same Eunjung but I'm scared. My fiancée just broke up with her girlfriend because they got caught. Her ex hate her so much now. I'm afraid it also happens to us or much worst. You don't know my Mom" She said.

 

Sounds like she's living in a cell.

 

"Don't worry. It won't happen to us. Like I said. I'm willing to steal you away from all of them.....just allow me to" I said and smile to her.

 

"Is it ok with you if we keep our relationship a secret to anyone?" She ask.

 

"What do you mean to everyone?" I ask.

 

"I think it'll be safer if it's just the two of us. I don't plan on telling Qri too" She said and sigh.

 

That means I have to lie to my bestfriends too

 

"Ok. But what if we see each other at school? You transferred there right? I can't just ignore you." I said.

 

"Hmm. We'll find a way" She said and wink at me.

 

Damn.

 

I love how she got me.

 

She give me new kind of amazing feeling and at the same time she reminds me of the feeling I felt for her before.

 

Heol.

 

I bring her near the riverbank because people don't come here often.

 

"Hey by the way. Did you just said your fiancée is Qri? As in Lee Qri or Lee Jihyun?" I ask.

 

"Hmm. Yeah. Wae? Do you know her?" She ask.

 

It could be the Qri who is Hyomin's target.

 

"Uhm. No...Her name is just so familiar to me." I said.

 

"Well, she's a CEO. Maybe that's why you know her" She said and I just nodded even though I don't know a thing about CEO's coz I don't actually care about those.

 

"Hmm. Your fiancee must be really cool" I said and throw a stone on the river.

 

"Why do you say so?" She ask.

 

"Because she's a CEO. Have an awesome job and could probably buy anything she wanted" I said.

 

That's my dream when I'm still with my sister.

 

"Not really...she can't buy freedom that's why we're stock in this engagement.... but Qri's really kind to me..." She said.

 

"I'm not kind" I said and laughs.

 

"I'm telling you the truth" I look at her and said.

 

"But you did help me that night" She said and cling on my arm.

 

"That doesn't made me kind enough" I said.

 

"Ok but it doesn't matter." She said and pinch my cheeks lightly.

 

Then, she caress my face and stare at me lovingly.

 

"Wae?" I ask.

 

I feel like I'm gonna melt with her stares.

 

"I just don't why every time I will look at you, I feel like I already saw you before" She said.

 

I'm a bit surprised.

 

I feel the same.

 

"You're a gangster. How can your face be this flawless?" She ask still examining my face.

 

I giggled.

 

I sit on the ground and let her sit on my lap.

 

I can't let my princess sit on the ground.

 

"I'm just a good fighter" I said.

 

"Why do you have to do that?" She ask and lean her head on my shoulder.

 

"Because I was lonely and frustrated" I said and kiss her forehead.

 

She hold my hand and play with it

 

"I was young when my parents suddenly divorced. My Mom took my sister with her and I never heard of them since that day. I remember asking my Dad why did Mom and my sister have to leave but he only told me that it was for the best....My sister and I were really close that's why I feel so frustrated because I miss her and I wanna see her but I don't know how" I said.

 

"You should've ask your Dad to find your sister" She said.

 

"He's too busy. He's too busy protecting other people and I hate him. Let's not talk about them please?" I said and kiss the back of her hand

 

"Ok." She just said.

 

She intertwined our fingers and I saw her close her eyes.

 

"Are you sleeping?" I ask

 

"No. Just want to close my eyes. I almost didn't get enough sleep these past few days " She said and pull hug her tight.

 

"It's because you tried to avoid me.....You could sleep if you want. I won't bite" I said joking and give her a peck.

 

She smile while her eyes still close.

 

"Yup of course you don't bite. You just love to kiss me." She said and yawn.

 

"I love you" I said

 

But I didn't hear any response anymore.

 

How could she fall asleep that fast?

 

She was really just like my sister.

 

Easily falls asleep in my arms or on my back when she felt comfortable.

 

"I thought you will just close your eyes?" I said.

 

I'm happy right now.

 

Just being like this makes me so happy.

 

**phone rings**

 

I immediately pick up the call not wanting to wake Jiyeon up.

 

It's Boram.

 

"Wae?" I ask.

 

"Let's meet this afternoon. 5pm sharp in my condo. I just have to take care of something right now in my filthy rich Dad's office" She said and hang up.

 

I wonder why we have to meet.

 

BORAM'S POV

Hyomin left already to prepare for her so called date with Qri while Eunjung is nowhere to be found again.

 

Plus I can't find a new girlfriend. None of them suites my taste already.

 

All them are kinda boring these days.

 

Lucky thing that the cute but annoying girl somehow entertains me.

 

It could've been more fun if she's not working in my filthy rich Dad's company.

 

Tss.

 

"What a boring life you had Jeon Boram?! Should I try dating boys this time?" I ask myself.

 

Hmmm.

 

Anyway I grab my keys and my phone.

 

I guess I'll just figure what what's happening in the underground society.

 

It's a place where gangsters and mafias usually hangout.

 

Most gangsters are connected with mafia bosses.

 

My bestfriends and I have received tons of offers from them but we always decline.

 

Getting involve with mafias are too dangerous. Getting was easy but there's almost no way out.

 

The three of us only wants to have fun and sometimes earn money but we don't want to get involve with the crimes those people were up to.

 

I parked my car in front of a coffee shop and go over the counter.

 

"What's your order miss?" The girl ask.

 

I never saw this girl here before is she new?

 

"One underground ticket." I said

 

The girl frowns.

 

"I'm sorry Miss but we don't sell ti-"

 

"I'm sorry Miss Jeon. She's new in here." The old man came and gave me the ticket.

 

I gave him my credit card for the payment.

 

"You're early today" He said.

 

"Yeah. I'm bored" I replied.

 

I headed to the fire exit.

 

It's not an ordinary fire exit, coz right there behind this door you could find the underground society club.

 

I give my ticket to the guard and get in.

 

It's still early but it's too noisy.

 

I could smell alcohol and the smell that I hate about Hyomin...

 

Cigarettes.

 

"Drinks?" A girl ask me.

 

She's obviously flirting but like I said none of them suits my taste these days.

 

"I'll pass." I said.

 

I stand on the corner and look around.

 

These whole place is a mess.

 

If you die in here nobody will care and you could never find justice so you should be alert.

 

I'm just standing here when someone caught my attention.

 

And since when did this b*tches came back?!!

 

They approach me.

 

"I could see you're alone." Suzy said.

 

"The three of us doesn't need to be always together. I don't see your leader with you" I said.

 

"Our leader have something important to take care of and also we're looking forward for revenge" Yuri said and grab my collar.

 

"Yuri-ah. We're not here for that" Suzy stop her.

 

"I could see that you're still bitter with it? How many years have passed already? 3 years?" I said mocking them.

 

Suzy and Yuri with their leader....well, we could say that they are our greatest opponent but then they lost in underground fight against us.

 

After that, they just disappear and we never heard of them.

 

"On our next battle I'll make sure you'll break your bones" Yuri said trying to threaten me.

 

I smirked.

 

"We'll see then" I said and leave them.

 

I guess going to that place was not a good idea.

 

Tsk.

 

But at least I found out that they're already back.

 

I need to warn them.

 

Those three considered the three of us as their greatest rival in everything and they don't accept defeat especially that Yuri girl.

 

I get into my car and was about to start driving but then my phone suddenly rings...

 

"Hello?"

 

"Miss Jeon. Your dad ask Soyeon to get in his office" he said.

 

He's my Dad's employee.

 

I ask him to watch over the cute but annoying girl and report to me.

 

"Soyeon? Who's Soyeon?" I ask.

 

That name so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter