Chapter 15

Against All The Odds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JIYEON'S POV

"How's your hand Ahjumma?" I ask Qri while we're eating breakfast.

 

"Could you please stop calling me Ahjumma? I'm not happy...My hand is ok. It's just a cut" She look at me boringly and said.

 

"But your hand was on bandage unnie. I think you need to see a doctor to make sure you won't get infections" Areum said and I agree with her.

 

"Fine." She just said and continue eating.

 

**silence**

 

Heol.

 

I've been thinking about this last night since we returned home.

 

It's true that I can't stop this feeling from growing if I'll be the only one who will try to get rid of this.

 

I need help.

 

I need HER help.

 

"I will tell the truth to Eunjung today" I said and they both stop eating and look at me.

 

**sigh**

 

"Are you sure you can do it now?" Qri ask.

 

"I'm not sure but I have to give it try before I can't stop myself from loving her more and more" I said.

 

It breaks my heart to say those words and there will be more heartache on the process for sure.

 

"If that's what you want we'll support you" Qri said.

 

"Yup. And if in case you don't wanna marry Qri unnie coz she's an Ahjumma just tell me and I would gladly replace her and be your wife" Areum said and wink at me.

 

"Tsk. I won't marry you and get hunt by Suzy for all my life" I said and continue eating.

 

"Ah no!...I don't want to! Being around that girl freaks me out" She said.

 

I remember before that she was forced to ask Suzy out on a date because of a dare.

 

Suzy likes her a lot and when Areum came back home she was truly devastated.

 

Heol.

 

After breakfast we all leave the house.

 

Qri drop us to school.

 

Yup. She still insisted to drive even though her hand is not in good condition.

 

Areum doesn't want to drive because she's still complaining about her back. She said it feels like her hip bone's cracking everytime she move too much.

 

 

I volunteered to drive but then they both disagree with the idea. This two is a meannie.

 

Anyway, Areum and I headed to our classroom.

 

"Yuri and Suzy is not here today" She said.

 

"Hmm. As well as Eunjung and the annoying girl who dares to use Eunjung's lap as her pillow on the rooftop" I said.

 

"Her name was Hyomin" Areum said as we get to our seats.

 

"I know....But I do prefer to call her the annoying girl who dares to use Eunjung's lap as her pillow on the rooftop" I said.

 

"That was lengthy but....alright. I won't argue anymore" She said.

 

"Park Jiyeon can I court you" A guy suddenly approach me and ask me that stupid question.

 

"Move along dude...I'll be the one to court her" My girl classmate said.

 

"No. I will be the one. Please Jiyeon. Let me court you. “Another guy classmate said and it goes on and on.

 

WHAT THE HELL!!!

 

"Yah! Jiyeon is not accepting suitors!!" Areum yelled at them when she notice that I'm starting to get annoyed.

 

Maybe she's scared that my other side will be unleashed again.

 

They say it was scary but I don't think it's that scary.

 

"Move!"

 

Damn!

 

Even though I can't see her because of these annoying students crowding at me I know who owns that beautiful voice.

 

I should tell her the truth...

 

....and end this fantasy.

 

I look down and feel sad about it again.

 

It's seriously bugging me more than that pabo move I made last night.

 

"Park Jiyeon"

 

I heard her call me.

 

She was standing in front of me but I choose to ignore her and just play with my hands

 

I'm afraid that I might change my mind if I see her beautiful face.

 

"Eunjung. Please don't beat her up. If you want you could just beat me"

 

One of my guy classmates said.

 

Tsk.

 

Why would she beat me up?

 

This guy is a pabo.

 

I look at Eunjung this time and found out that she was glaring at the guy which made him to go back on his seat.

 

Cool.

 

Eunjung rules!

 

Eunjung suddenly turn to look at me.

 

Our eyes met.

 

Uh-oh.

 

Now I can't look away anymore.

 

She's wearing this serious expression on her face

 

Is she mad?

 

I did nothing wrong.

 

But my worries immediately washed away when she suddenly smile at me.

 

That smile.

 

That charming manly smile on her face that makes me wants to squeal!!!!

 

"I've got something for you" She said with a sweet gentle voice and look something on her bag.

 

I wonder what's that thing that she'll give to me.

 

I don't know why her sweet expression suddenly turns into a frown.

 

"Forget it!" She and go to her seat.

 

Eh?

 

What was that?

 

"Hey Eunjung" I tried to get her attention but she ignores me.

 

She just sit there with her arms crossed and a frown on her face.

 

I look at Areum and she just shrugged.

 

What happen to Eunjung?

 

I want to know what happen to her but I know that she'll only ignore me and besides there's a lot of people in here so i just let her.

 

"What happen to her?" Areum ask.

 

"I don't know. I'm also clueless" I said.

 

After few minutes her annoying friend arrives.

 

She raised an eyebrow to me when our eyes meet.

 

I just rolled my eyes on her..

 

I'll never like this girl!

 

Tsk

 

"Hey Eunjung" She greeted Eunjung.

 

Eunjung look at her and nod.

 

What the!...

 

WHEN THAT ANNOYING GIRL GREETED HER SHE IMMEDIATELY RESPOND BUT WHEN IT WAS ME I'M BEING IGNORED FOR A REASON THAT I DON'T EVEN KNOW???!!!!

 

COULD SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME WHY????!!!

 

"Did you find your unnie?" She ask the annoying girl.

 

AHRRGGHH!! WHY IS SHE DOING THIS TO ME??!!!

 

WHAT HAVE I DONE??!!

 

"Not yet."

 

They just keep talking and I'm totally in a bad mood now.

 

"Jiyeon-ah. Control yourself...and please keep in your mind that you plan to tell her the truth today" Areum whispered

 

"I just planned to tell her but I didn't plan HOW would I tell her " I said and heaved a deep sigh.

 

"Then ask her on a date tonight. Qri unnie and I will cover for you" She said.

 

"I can't. Mom wants me to be home for dinner tonight" I said.

 

"Oh jinja? What's the occasion?" She ask.

 

"I don't know. She just told me that she wanted me to meet someone" I said.

 

"Hmm. Do you think it's a mafia thing?" She ask again.

 

"I can't tell but if it's about that she'll probably won't invite me on the house. It should be somewhere else" I said.

 

Mom never allows anything that involves the mafia in our house that's why I'm like a princess there waiting for her prince to save her.

 

But I'm really curious who that someone is.

 

SOYEON'S POV

I open my eyes and realize that I'm in an unfamiliar place.

 

I get up and look around.

 

Is this a room?

 

It looks like a cyclone hit it.

 

But where am I?

 

How did I ended up in this place?

 

I tried to stand up but I felt pain on my right leg.

 

My right leg have bandage.

 

I tried to remember what happen last night.

 

I remember that I was hiding on the corner while watching the car who took Mrs. Han and her family leaves.

 

I stayed in the corner for a while trying to figure out what's going on and what should I do with this kind of situation.

 

Asking the cops to help us will be no used.

 

Coz if they could resolve this mafias ceased to exists these days.

 

I'm sure they do know the reality to those things

 

They're just too afraid to face them.

 

I was like that till I notice that it's almost morning and decided to go to Mrs. Han's house.

 

But when I got there in the house a dagger was thrown towards me.

 

I wasn't expecting that but I manage to move.

 

Unfortunately, it still hit my right leg.

 

And then, there was smoke.

 

That's all I remember.

 

Wait...

 

THE ENVELOPE!!!!!

 

IT'S NOT IN MY POCKET ANYMORE?!!!

 

and...

 

and...

 

 

 

 

 

 

WHO THE HELL CHANGED MY CLOTHES????!!!!

 

"Thanks goodness you're awake now. I got really worried"

 

I look at the girl who entered the room.

 

My eyes widen.

 

SHE ..SHE'S THE ONE WHO CHANGED MY CLOTHES??!!

 

"YAH!!!! ERT!!" I said and stand up to hit her but I immediately fall on the floor when I felt the pain on leg.

 

Damn.

 

Is this wound that deep?

 

"I need to take you to the hospital." She said and was about to help me but I slap her hand.

 

"Don't touch me!" I irritably said.

 

I bet she couldn't even remember my name.

 

She sighed.

 

"C'mon girlfriend I-"

 

"I'm not your girlfriend!! ert!" I said.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter