Chapter 24

Against All The Odds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HYOMIN'S POV

Did I hear her right?

 

She knows who is the Eagle Heiress???

 

"How do you know about it? Who's the heiress?" I ask.

 

"Do you know how to identify the Eagle Heiress?" She ask

 

Huh?

 

"No. The information left my pa-.......the information left to us was stolen" I said.

 

Heol.

 

I almost said it

 

I don't know why, but I don't feel like telling her that I'm Soyeon's sister.

 

"It's easy....The Wild Beast Mafia heiress have the wild beast mark on her arm. The Dragon Mafia heiress have a dragon mark on her chest...." She said.

 

"So you are telling me that the Eagle Heiress have the eagle mark?.....but where? Which part of her body? And why don't you just tell me who is it?" I impatiently ask

 

"The Eagle heiress have the eagle mark on her leg. Do you know someone with an eagle mark?" She ask

 

Tsk

 

Why can't she just tell me who is it?!!

 

Why she must make me guess like this?!

 

I feel a little annoyed.

 

I reach for my pocket and get my cigarette

 

"You can't smoke here kid" She said.

 

I smirk.

 

"Watch me....I don't care about this restaurant's policies" I said and lighted the cigarette but then Qri snatch it away from me.

 

And to my surprise....

 

 

 

 

 

 

She did try it!

 

But then she coughs and put it on the glass of water.

 

"It doesn't taste good **coughs** nor smell good. Tss" She said.

 

For some reason that made me smile.

 

She's cute.

 

"What are you smiling at?" She ask.

 

"Nothing....Can you just tell me who is the Eagle Heiress?" I ask.

 

"She's someone you know. Someone who's close to you. I already give you the clues. Now use your head and search for her....Search for her fast before the enemies did" She said and stand up.

 

"Wait....where are you going?" I ask.

 

"Jiyeon needs me. I have to leave." She said and leaves.

 

That makes me frown.

 

Jiyeon Jiyeon Jiyeon.

 

Boram likes Jiyeon.

 

Eunjung is crazy over that Jiyeon.

 

Qri was Jiyeon's fiancée!

 

What's really with that woman?!!

 

After few minutes of thinking I decided to leave the restaurant too.

 

And I'm really annoyed.

 

I ride on my motorbike and headed to the underground society.

 

I don't know why I'm here. Tsk.

 

I only come here before to find if there will be events.

 

I need money and that's my only way of earning one but I did stop when the three of us suddenly become blacklisted.

 

But then, it's ok now because we already serve the Eagle Mafia.

 

I never thought that I was born for things like this

 

I thought it was just my rebellion that brought me into this life.

 

This place is still the same.

 

Noisy and stinky.

 

Two things that Eunjung really hate that's why she rarely come here.

 

"Hyomin...I wasn't expecting to see you here"

 

And if you are really unfortunate you'd met this girl.

 

"I wasn't expecting to see you either Yuri. Bye" I said and leave her but then she grab my arm to stop me.

 

"Wait... I saw you with Qri earlier" She said.

 

**sigh**

 

"I am with Qri earlier. Please stop stalking me. It's still freaking me out!" I said and shove her hand away.

 

I thought she's already done with this thing.

 

Yuri has this kind of....uhm obsession?. To me before.

 

She secretly stalks me.

 

I thought before that she was sent by Gyuri to spy on me but then I was wrong.

 

She's doing it because she wanted to be my girlfriend.

 

But you know me....I never fall in love.

 

I never told Boram and Eunjung about that

 

I don't want to get teased by those two especially when there's really nothing between me and Yuri.

 

"Tsk. I totally let go of that Hyomin-ah. I'm not the same Yuri you knew before." She said and smirked.

 

"Good to know and there is no reason for us to talk to each other." I said.

 

"There still is. Our heiress will rule the underground society I'm very sure of that. The dragon heiress is a total coward and your heiress could be easily lured on a trap." She said.

 

I frown.

 

She knows our heiress too?

 

"You can't be so sure of anything" I said.

 

"Neither do you Park Hyomin. If I were you, I would choose the right side now." She said.

 

Choose the right side???

 

Is she asking me to be a part of the wild beast mafia?!

 

How dare she?!

 

"Hell no! I'd rather die than be a part of the mafia who ended my parents’ lives!" I said and she suddenly laugh.

 

She's gone crazy.

 

"Hyomin let me tell you a secret... It's true that we're hunting down your parents that night.....but we're not the only one who's hunting them." She said.

 

What?

 

"What do you mean?" I ask

 

"Your parents' died because of a gunshot. That's why they lose control and hit their car on a post then....BOOM...bye Mommy and Daddy" She said and laugh.

 

I clenched my fist.

 

How could she laugh at something like that?

 

"But seriously. When we saw that happen our job was done without even exerting too much effort." She said.

 

What?!

 

Does that mean they're not the one who killed my parents??

 

I grab Yuri's collar.

 

"Who else is after them that night?!" I ask but she just smirked.

 

"Yah! Tell me!" I said and shake her a little because of anger.

 

I badly want to know the truth about my parents' death.

 

"We're not friends. We're enemies. But still I'm gonna give you a hint. There are only three most powerful mafias. One where I belong, the one where you belong and the other one. The other one had an elite assassin who's really good at using guns. She could shoot you with her eyes closed" She said and push me before she leaves.

 

Is she trying to tell me that the dragon mafia was the one who killed my parents??!!

 

I must know who is that someone.

 

I don't care if she's good in using guns!

 

BORAM'S POV

I still have no news about my filthy rich father.

 

I hope he's still breathing.

 

Tsk.

 

So now I'm here back at the condo.

 

I wonder what the sisters were doing now.

 

I hope they already reconciled.

 

"Where is Hyomin?"

 

That's what she greeted me when I get in.

 

"Isn't she with you?" I said.

 

"Yeah. I fall asleep and then when I woke up she's not here anymore" She said.

 

"She didn't left a note or did you try calling her?" I ask.

 

"No, she didn't left a note and yes, I did try to call her but she's not picking up" She said and she looks worried.

 

I sat beside her.

 

Where would Hyomin go?

 

"Did the two of you had a fight again?" I ask.

 

"No. We were fine..." She said.

 

"Hmm. Don't worry about Hyomin. She'll be alright. She loves you and cares for you coz if not she wouldn't care at all even if I told her that you are my girlfriend" I said and smile at her.

 

"Tss. I think I could see the reason why. You're a playgirl!" She said to me.

 

"I know. I admit that but I'm keeping my promise to you" I said.

 

"And why would I believe you? You can't even remember my name. It's just two syllables, SO-YEON. What's so hard with that?" She complains.

 

Heol.

 

I can't really remember my name and it wasn't intentional.

 

"It's not my fault if my brain refused to your name but your name was written here in my heart. Hearts don't think they feel" I said and she suddenly hit me with the pillow on my face.

 

"Yah! For the third time! Why you always have to do that on this cute face?!" I stand up and irritably yelled at her.

 

But she just laugh at me.

 

Eh?

 

"Why are you laughing?" I curiously ask.

 

"Because you said you are cute. Who the hell told you that? Your Mom?" She ask and laugh again at me.

 

"Well, I wish she was there to tell me that but she wasn't so I'm here to tell myself that I'm cute" I said and wink at her.

 

But she already stop laughing now.

 

She was just looking at me.

 

"Wae?" I ask.

 

"I do remember something" She said.

 

Huh?

 

"What?" I ask

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter