Chapter 1

Against All The Odds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

EUNJUNG'S POV

"Yah! Get up!" I said and kick the man lying on the ground.

 

"Eunjung-ah that's enough. It seems like he learned his lesson already. Let's go. It's boring in here and too much mosquito." Boram complains.

 

"Tss. Weak" I said and kick him hard for the last time before we left him lying on the ground under the bridge.

 

He's still alive...I think.

 

He deserves that.

 

"You pitied the guy again Boram-ah? A guy like him doesn't deserve to live. He doesn't even deserve to be born in the first place." Hyomin said and light up her cigarette.

 

That guy tried to ruin my night with my bestfriends so that's what he gets.

 

My friends and I decided to go out tonight to kill boredom but then that guy came.

 

How annoying!

 

"Don't get me wrong Hyomin-ah. He can barely stand anymore. It's no fun to watch at all" Boram said.

 

"Just tell me you're scared that we'll be chased by the cops again, right?" I ask.

 

"We're not scared Eunjung. You should be the one. Your Dad is a cop" Boram said and punch my arm lightly.

 

"Tss. I don't care. I'd be glad to see him get pissed off" I said and smirked.

 

I hate that old man.

 

"That sounds fun but I don't have parents anymore and I think I love to see my sister get pissed than my parents" Hyomin said.

 

Hyomin's parents died on a car accident last year.

 

"I'm still way better than you kids. I don't have to do anything to piss my parents off. Just showing them my cute face is enough to ruin their day and made mine" Boram said and laugh.

 

Tss.

 

She only look younger but she's actually the oldest among the three of us.

 

Hyomin and I were still students while her....well, she do whatever she wants.

 

She came from a rich family though.

 

And one more important detail about Boram....

 

She likes pretty girls. If you're not pretty she'll probably won't remember your name.

 

"What's wrong Hyo?" I ask Hyomin who is frowning at her phone.

 

Boram and Hyomin were my bestfriends and in fact the only friends I have.

 

"Let me guess. You lose on a bet again?" Boram said.

 

Probably it is. Hyomin loves gambling....at times.

 

"Tss. No" She said throw her cigarette on the trash can beside her motorbike.

 

"Where are you heading now?" I said.

 

"Home. My sister is there." She said and leave with her motorbike.

 

"What's up with Hyomin? I think we should remind her that she's driving a motorbike not an airplane for her to make it fly...Anyone bothering you two at school?" Boram ask.

 

"Are you kidding me? No one would ever dare to mess up with us at school. I think it was because of her sister." I said.

 

"Why she hates her sister again? “She ask and I just shrug.

 

Hyomin never want to talk about it.

 

"Yeah. Maybe you're right... Is her sister pretty?" She ask.

 

I told you she likes pretty girls.

 

"I don't know. Like you I haven't seen her sister but I do know her name. Park Soyeon." I said.

 

"Oh ok...I think she's pretty coz Hyomin is pretty" She said and that make me look at her.

 

"What?" She ask.

 

"Minnie will kill you if you add her to the list of your pretty girls Boram-ah" I said.

 

"I know. That's why I put you on the list instead" She said and winks at me.

 

"Do you want me to put a scar on your cute face Jeon Boram?" I glare at her and ask.

 

She laughs.

 

"Easy kid. I was just kidding...Not on the part that you and Hyomin were pretty but on the part that you were on the list. Chill, you guys are like my dongsaengs" She said

 

"It's good that we're clear" I said.

 

"You're always hot headed kid...anyway want a ride home?" I ask.

 

"Nah. I'll be fine walking." I said.

 

My house is just nearby. It's only a few minutes’ walk and I'm in the mood to stroll around before going home.

 

"Ok then. See you tomorrow. Take care." She said and get into her car and leave.

 

I just wave my hand to her.

 

The night is so quiet.

 

Probably because everybody were already sleeping.

 

**sigh**

 

I hate this feeling building up on me everytime that I'm alone and everything was just so quiet.

 

But no matter what I do this part of the day will always come and I can't do anything about it.

 

I reach home after walking for few minutes.

 

From the outside I could see that the lights were and there's a police car parked in front of our house.

 

It means one thing.

 

He's home again.

 

I wonder why he even bothers to come home.

 

I told him so many times that I hate him and that I don't want to see him anymore.

 

"What time is it Ham Eunjung?"

 

My father ask me as I set my foot inside the house.

 

I boringly look at him and pointed on the wall clock.

 

It's few minutes before 1 am.

 

"Don't you know how to read the time?" I said and start to ignore him.

 

I walk towards my room.

 

"Hey! Don't turn your back on me! I'm still talking to you! Give me some respect!" He said and that made me stop and look at him.

 

"Respect? Do you even deserve to have one Dad?....You go to work each in every single day, patrols every night and you even rarely visit this house just to secure everyone but you can't even secure your own family! You're too busy dealing with someone else' problems yet you keep running away from THIS FAMILY'S problem!!...You let us ruined Dad. We could never be a family again. So just let those other people praise you and pay you some respect that you need. “I said and get in my room slamming the door shut.

 

It's all his fault.

 

If he didn't let this family broke we would still be living happy.

 

We would still be complete...

 

And not like this.

 

I'm filled with emptiness.

 

Just emptiness and nothing else...

 

I slump myself on bed and close my eyes.

 

It's not that long when I heard the sound of vehicle from outside.

 

He's leaving again.

 

Well, that's actually much better if he does.

 

**sigh**

 

I'm tired of crying because of this so no matter how hurt or sad I am now there's just no tears coming out anymore.

 

THE NEXT DAY

JIYEON'S POV

"Goodmorning Mom. Goodmorning Dad" I greeted my parents.

 

They're having breakfast.

 

"You won't attend school today Honey" Mom said.

 

"Mwo? Why not?" I ask.

 

"You'll be accompanying Qri today" She said.

 

"I'll skip school just to accompany her? Can't we do it on weekends Mom? “I ask.

 

This is unbelievable.

 

The only place where I can breathe and have at least a little freedom is when I'm at school.

 

"No. That's why you'll do it now. Eat your breakfast now. Qri will be here in few minutes to fetch you" Mom said.

 

I just start eating my breakfast silently.

 

There's no use if I protest.

 

After few minutes, Qri arrive like what she said.

 

"Goodmorning Aunty, Uncle" She greeted my parents too.

 

"Morning Jiyeonnie" She greeted me and I just smile to her shortly.

 

"Qri you'll be our daughter in law sooner so please do start calling us Mommy and Daddy. C'mon. Join us" Mom said.

 

I just secretly rolled my eyes.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter