Chapter 13

Against All The Odds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JIYEON'S POV

I'm here in my room staring at myself on the mirror....

 

....And I realize....

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I realize that I'm so pretty.

 

I look at the mark on my left chest.

 

It's a dragon but why do people call me dino?

 

It doesn't make sense.

 

Tsk.

 

I had a task.

 

A task that will save the dragon mafia from extinction.

 

I'm a criminal....I know.

 

....But this is how I was born in this world.

 

I must search for the other heiresses and kill them.

 

The three of us can't exist in this world together.

 

Only one must survive and the other two must say goodbye.

 

I will make sure that it's not me.

 

But got another problem.....

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I'm so beautiful and that is a serious problem.

 

Heol.

 

"What are you planning to do Park Jiyeon?" I ask my beautiful self.

 

I had a chance to tell her the truth....

 

I had a chance to tell her that we're sisters but I didn't do it.

 

I definitely know what's right and what's wrong....

 

.. But it's really hard to choose when the right feels wrong and the wrong feels so right.

 

What am I supposed to do now?

 

My brain says I should tell her and let her know that we're sisters and of course that includes doing the right thing...which is breaking up with her and live awkwardly as sisters...but my heart opposes what my brain says to me.

 

My heart can't take what my brain wants.

 

Can't my heart and my brain tell me the same thing at least for once?

 

I'm in the middle of my thoughts when my phone suddenly rings.

 

It was my Mom.

 

Why is she calling now?

 

Did she found out what I did earlier?

 

Probably she did.

 

"Hello. Mom"  I said as answer her call

 

"How are you?" She ask.

 

Wow.

 

It's a very rare question from my Mom coz usually she knows what I'm up to so no need to ask how I was doing.

 

"I'm fine. Why did you ask?" I said.

 

"I heard that you drove Areum's car OVER speed limit again...in class hours." She said in a calm but firm voice.

 

"Oh that one...." I just said.

 

"Aren't you gonna explain yourself?" She ask.

 

"Neh? You want me to explain myself?...Ok. So in my defense about driving Areum's car in that speed is that....Uhm. Areum's back is hurting so she ask me to drive. Hehe...." I said

 

"So whose fault is that now? Are you saying that I should punish Areum?" She ask.

 

Who's fault?

 

Is that really necessary?

 

Ah jinja.

 

"Well, no Mom. I don't think it's necessary. We're perfectly fine." I said and I hope she would listen.

 

"Alright. I'll let you pass this time Park Jiyeon. Anyway, it's not the reason why I call you" She said.

 

Not the reason?

 

I stand up and transferred on my bed.

 

"What is it?" I ask.

 

"I want you to come home tomorrow for dinner. I would like you to meet someone" She said.

 

Meet someone?

 

I don't know but I do feel nervous about it.

 

"Ok. Should I bring Qri with me?" I ask.

 

"No. Just you this time" She said.

 

Heol.

 

Now that was even creepier.

 

"Ok Mom. I'll be home tomorrow night for dinner" I said and we hang up.

 

**sigh**

 

I was lying on my bed staring at the ceiling.

 

I was thinking and trying to guess who my Mom would like me to meet when suddenly someone knocks on my door.

 

"Can I come in?" I heard Qri's voice behind the door.

 

"Yeah" I lazily replied and she comes in and sit on the edge of my bed.

 

I'm still lying here on bed coz I feel lazy all of a sudden.

 

"Why you suddenly want to attend that underground fight?" She ask.

 

"Can't we attend the underground fight?" I ask.

 

"I'm not saying we can't but you know we're not allowed to. What if someone sees your mark?" She ask.

 

"My mark is on my left chest. You can't see it and don't worry. We're gonna wear mask." I said.

 

"Wear mask? Wouldn't that make us draw too much attention because we're hiding our faces?" She ask again.

 

I get up and scratch my head.

 

"Can't you just agree with me?! I wanna go there and make sure that Eunjung is safe!" I said.

 

"So now the truth comes out. You want to go there because of Eunjung. What are you trying to do Jiyeon? Areum told me about the news" She said.

 

I sigh.

 

"Well,.....believe it or not I have no idea what to do. I did try to tell her when we meet again this afternoon but I only end up falling for her more" She said.

 

"Then, I guess I gotta tell you this. I thought it's better if you don't know but I think you should be aware" She said.

 

"What do you mean?" I ask

 

"The envelope a while ago contains our next target. Not just us but the other assassins of the mafia." She said.

 

I frown.

 

Is that the envelope Areum hides behind her back a while ago?

 

"And who are these people?" I ask.

 

"It's Eunjung and her friends Boram and Hyomin" She said.

 

WHAT??!!!

 

"Why all of a sudden they became a target?!" I worriedly ask

 

"They are known gangsters who won a lot of underground fights. They even defeated Yuri's group once before. They're that good but they refused to serve any of the mafias. Now the whole organization don't want everything get out of control. They're afraid that other gangsters might join them and create their own organizations. So they want the three of them dead. Aside from that they are blacklisted from the Wild Beast Mafia. We're not the only who's after them" She explained.

 

"Wait...why would they be blacklisted by the Wild Beast Mafia?" I curiously ask.

 

"Jiyeon. Did you forget that Yuri's gangster leader is also the heiress of the Wild Beast Mafia?" She said.

 

"Noway! That girl with a beast mark on her left arm?! Unbelievable!" I said.

 

"It's not unbelievable. What's unbelievable is that it took you so long to figure out what's the beast mark on her left arm for" She said and hit my head.

 

"Yah! I'm your boss!" I said.

 

"Yes, you are. You are also my fiancée and you are a kid." She said and stand up.

 

"Prepare yourself now then, if you really wanna go to that underground fight" She said and get out of my room.

 

Heol.

 

Why everything seems to be so hard?

 

Nah. It doesn't seem so hard....

 

 ...It's really hard and to be honest.

 

I can't see where all of this is going.

 

I get off my bed and prepare myself.

 

My hands are felt a little numb right now.

 

It seems like I'm going to punch someone to night.

 

I get my phone and call someone.

 

She immediately pick it up.

 

"Hello" She said but I didn't respond.

 

Just by hearing her voice is enough to make me smile.

 

"Jiyeon? Are you there? Why you're not speaking? Are you ok?" She ask..

 

"Yeah. I'm fine. I just miss you. Can you come here tonight?" I said trying to stop her from going into that fight.

 

She giggled.

 

"Well, I miss you too but I'm sorry I can't go there. I have to be on that fight. It's important" She said.

 

"Much important than me?" I ask

 

Seems like no one is stopping her from going on to that fight.

 

"No. Of course not. But please understand. I have to be there. I promise to you that I will be fine" She said.

 

I sighed

 

"Fine. Call me later ok?" I said.

 

"Ok. I love you" She said.

 

I love her too.

 

But we're sisters.

 

"Jiyeon? Are you sulking again?" She ask when I didn't respond.

 

"I'm not. Eunjung can I ask you something?" I ask.

 

"Huh? I thought we'll hang up now but of course. What is it?" She said.

 

"What will you do if you meet your sister again?" I ask

 

"My sister? Well, I do miss her a lot and I had been longing to see her ever since.....but then lately I realize that she might be happy with her life already. She already forget about me so I think I'll do the same. My life becomes miserable for years because of her. It's not even worth it......but I know I'll be alright now coz you're here." She said.

 

My tears unknowingly flow down on my cheeks as I listen to her say that.

 

She wanted to forget about me.

 

She hates me.

 

"Ji

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter