Chapter 7

Against All The Odds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

QRI'S POV

It's Sunday today and Jiyeon and I were in my car heading to my new house.

 

Actually, we're supposed to move the next day after she settled everything in her new school but then she told me that she want to do it next week so here we are now.

 

She just stayed at home on the next few days and never come out even if I ask her to.

 

She's acting strange.

 

Lately, she's not the childish Jiyeon I used know.

 

Anyway, we already arrive to our new house.

 

I don't know if it's a good thing or bad thing for me because this house is just few blocks away to Soyeon's.

 

I already know that she lives nearby but it’s already too late when found out that our house is just three blocks away.

 

She's our neighbor.

 

I look at Jiyeon and it seems like she's deep in her thoughts and I think she's not even aware that we're already here.

 

"Jiyeon-ah" I said and she snap back.

 

"H-Huh?" She look around and I think she already figure things out.

 

"Could you please be honest with me? What's wrong?" I ask.

 

I'm kinda worried about her.

 

Our parents sure just set us up but I love her.

 

I love her not in a romantic way but in unnie-dongsaeng way.

 

I'm worried about her.

 

She sighed.

 

"Qri remember the day I went to my new school to settle things?" She ask.

 

"Uh-huh what about that?" I ask.

 

"I met her again. I never thought she's going to that school too" She said

 

"Her? Her who?" I ask.

 

"The cool girl that I'm talking about before" She said.

 

Cool girl?

 

"Oh is that the one whom you find cool because she walk with her eyes close?" I ask and she frowns at me.

 

"Yah! She's not only cool because of that! She's charming and pretty. She's strong too and a good fighter. She's sweet and her voice is really soothing and her lips tas-"

 

She suddenly covers and my eyes widen.

 

I could see that her face turn so red and she can't even look at me.

 

I giggled

 

"I thought you don't have a crush with her but then it turned out that you two already ki-"

 

"Shut up!!" She said and immediately get out of the car.

 

I'm not against Jiyeon having a girlfriend but there's only few months before graduation.....

 

Few months before the set date of our  wedding.

 

She was standing there right in front of the door coz the keys are with me.

 

She was just looking down

 

Must've been the first time she fall in love

 

"So you got yourself a girlfriend now." I said teasing her

 

"She's not my girlfriend....yet" She said and turn her back on me.

 

Not her girlfriend yet?

 

"So you let her kiss you even she's not yet your girlfriend?" I ask.

 

"No! It's not like that!" She said.

 

"Not like that?... Then, you're the one who kiss her?" I ask.

 

She suddenly grab the keys from me and open the door.

 

"Where's my room?" She ask without even looking at me.

 

"First door to the right" I said and she go upstairs.

 

"Hey! No need to be shy with me!" I said teasing her again and she started running upstairs.

 

I wonder what happen to her and that cool girl she's talking about.

 

**phone rings**

 

Ahjumma?

 

Why is she calling me?

 

Did I forget something at home?

 

"Yeoboseyo ahjumma. Waeyo?" I pick it up.

 

"Qri-ah there's someone who send flowers here in the house. I ask the delivery guy to bring it there in your new house" She said.

 

Flowers again?.

 

I'm sure it's the one who came from that student again.

 

She had been sending me flowers every day in my office and sometimes she even send flowers twice in a day.

 

Does she want me to start selling flowers?

 

"Ok ahjumma. Thanks" I said and hang up.

 

After few minutes the flowers arrive with another card.

 

I don't know why but I can't feel any sincerity on those words written on every card she sent me.

 

They're sure sweet words but I feel nothing.

 

Maybe because I know she's a kid and I'm really curious how come and when did this kid start liking me.

 

I get the card.

 

Unlike the other cards she gave me this one is different.

 

Please meet me tonight at xxxxxxxx.

I'll be waiting. ❤

 

She want to meet me?

 

Hmm.

 

Should I go and meet her?

 

Anyway, I go upstairs too to check on my room.

 

Our things were brought here yesterday so we had no problem arranging them today.

 

I pass by Jiyeon's room so I decided to check on her.

 

I knock on her door few times before she open up.

 

"Is your room ok?" I ask.

 

"Yeah. It's fine with me" She said still looking down.

 

"Hey. I will not be around tonight so you better lock the doors and don't go outside. Arasso?" I reminded her.

 

"Where are you going?" She ask.

 

"I had to meet someone. By the way, did you call the private investigator already?" I ask.

 

"Yeah. He said it was a little hard but he will do his best to find my sister and my Dad" She said.

 

"And if you find them what will you do next? Your Mom will surely disagree with this" I said.

 

"Well, she doesn't have to know. I just miss my sister so much" She said.

 

She must've been really close to her sister.

 

"Alright. Just tell me if you need help. I'll see what I can do to help you" I said and she just nod.

 

HYOMIN'S POV

"What a strange Sunday isn't it?" Boram said.

 

We're here in her condo right now.

 

"How is it strange? We're always like this every Sunday" I said.

 

"Yeah. We're here in my condo but what strange is that no one is blowing off my phone." She said.

 

"It's because you broke up with all of your girlfriends. It isn't strange" I said.

 

"Ok but another strange thing is that you're not smoking right now" She said giving me a suspicious look

 

"It's just today coz I'm going to meet her tonight." I said.

 

"That's a good choice coz honestly, sending her flowers everyday is totally boring" She said.

 

"It's YOU who suggested that thing" I said and rolled my eyes on her.

 

"Really? I don't remember that I did" She said.

 

"Not surprising at all. You can't even remember all of your girlfriends' name" I said.

 

"I do remember the names of the prettiest ones" She said

 

"Playgirl" I said.

 

"I'm not. They're the one who insisted to be my girlfriend" She said.

 

"It's because you're flirting with them" I said

 

"I wasn't flirting with them. I'm just being friendly" She said.

 

Tss.

 

"Anyway, back to the strange thing I was talking about" She said and signaled me to look at Eunjung.

 

"Indeed strange" I said.

 

Normally, Eunjung would just sit there and sleep but now she's staring at her phone like she's waiting for someone to contact her.

 

"Eunjung who is it?" I ask

 

"What do you mean?" She ask without even bothering to look at me.

 

"You're waiting for someone to call you? Is that the girl you were talking about the other day?" Boram ask.

 

"Girl? Who is it?" I ask.

 

Eunjung didn't respond and Boram just shrug.

 

"Yah! What were bestfriends here and you guys are keeping secrets to me?" I ask.

 

"No. It's not that we're keeping secrets to you. You're just too busy with that Lee Qri girl and the only thing that I know is Eunjung fall in love with this girl that resembles her sister a lot" Boram said.

 

"Jinja? You're really in love Eunjung? Tsk." I just said.

 

Falling in love with someone only means that you're allowing them to hurt you that's I swear. I'll never fall in love.

 

Eunjung sighed.

 

"I told her to call me but it's already been few days and yet she's still not calling me" She said.

 

"Wow. You look so frustrated about it. But...why would she call you?" I ask.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter