Chapter 26

Against All The Odds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JIYEON'S POV

Eunjung is mad at me but at the same time she also love me that's why she can't push me away.

 

I know the only for me to fix everything between us is to tell her the truth.

 

But the only problem is that.....

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Not everyone chooses to believe the truth.

 

And Eunjung belongs to that everyone unless I proved to her that Yoona is really lying and...heol I wish I could tell her why that someone was her.

 

I wish I could let her know that it was me. I'm her little sister whom she love right from the start and not Yoona.

 

"Yoona is lying to you" I said ignoring her rants about me distracting her while she scan the books.

 

I hate reading books so I let her do it.

 

"What are you saying?" She look at me and frown.

 

A sign that she won't believe me.

 

And it is not good because I'm not really good in explaining things.

 

"Eunjung I-"

 

"You can't tell me again Jiyeon?" She said.

 

I know she's trying not to raise her voice because we are here in the library.

 

"Eunjung I told you already....I'll tell you everything in time but not now. Why can't you just believe me?" I said.

 

"How am I supposed to believe you if you can't even trust me? Your friend tried to kill my sister and my sister is telling me that it's you who ask Areum to that to her." She said.

 

What?!

 

If I wanted to kill Yoona I should've done it myself.

 

I should've kill her long time ago because she's annoying me so much!

 

"Eunjung. Yoona is....**sigh** never mind. I'll just go to the restroom" I said and leave her without waiting for her response.

 

...coz I bet she won't even do it.

 

I'm not really going to the restroom.

 

I need to talk to Qri

 

"Yes? Is there something wrong?" She immediately picks my call and asks.

 

Qri worries a lot too.

 

Lately, she had been showing a lot of expressions which is not normal for her coz she's really good at hiding what she feels.

 

Up until when will I keep hiding?

 

"I just need to ask you something." I said.

 

"What?" She ask.

 

"Yoona said that Areum tried to kill her and that I ask Areum to do it. What does she really want?" I said.

 

"What?....Why would she say that? Areum and I saved her. I brought her to the hospital while Areum was left behind and ended up taken by the wild beast mafia for saving her damn stupid life" Qri said calmly but I know she's mad right now.

 

Hmm.

 

"Should I talk to Yoona?" I ask.

 

"And what will you say to her?...Don't ever think about it Jiyeon. You might get in trouble with Eunjung again. Don't be impulsive...  By the way is Gyuri bothering you?" She ask

 

"She and her friends were not around today and why would Gyuri even bother me? She doesn't know who I really am." I said.

 

"Just asking but it's a good thing that they're not around. How about Hyeri? Is she giving you a hard time?" She ask.

 

"Speaking of Hyeri...I can't believe you trusted her to be Areum's substitute" I irritably said.

 

"I'm sorry. I just have no other option. I don't trust her Jiyeon but I believe that she won't let you get hurt that's why I choose her to watch over you. I'm putting all my trust in you...I believe you would be smart enough to handle yourself around enemies who might have been pretending to be your friend. You're aware enough that the two other mafias were around you. Don't ever let your guard down." She said and that made me scared.

 

What if they got Qri too?

 

I'll be alone in all of these.

 

I don't think I can do these alone.

 

"Qri-ah please don't get caught. I can't afford to lose you too" I said.

 

I heard her sigh on the other line.

 

"I have to be honest with you....I can't promise you that. You know what kind of world we are into. You need to survive arasso?" She said.

 

"Tss. That doesn't make me feel good also I'm dying to tell everything to Eunjung" I said

 

"It's not the right time to do that. Yoona is getting on the way. You need to figure out what she's up to. Figure out why she's doing these things " She said.

 

"Are you giving me a mission?" I ask with a little bit excitement.

 

They rarely give me a mission and when they do it's always the boring one.

 

No thrill at all.

 

Qri giggles.

 

"Jiyeon-ah you are the heiress. I can't give you missions" She said.

 

"Oh....then, I'll give myself a mission. Be careful ahjumma" I said.

 

"Whatever kid" She said and we hang up.

 

Talking to Qri made me feel a little bit better.

 

Now, I think I have to fix things between me and Eunjung without bringing up Yoona or whatever....

 

I need to fix this now before she ask for a break up.

 

I go back inside the library and saw Eunjung writing on our worksheet

 

She's not reading the books anymore.

 

I sat beside her again and like before she just ignore me.

 

It's like I'm totally invisible to her right now.

 

"Why are you're not using the books?" I ask but she didn't respond and just continue writing on the worksheet.

 

Tss.

 

If I could just yelled at her right now, I'll definitely will.

 

She ignores me..

 

Heol

 

"Eunjung can we talk?" I said.

 

"Jiyeon. From now on. I won't talk to you unless you're ready to tell me everything" She said without even bothering to look at me.

 

"Are you breaking up with me?" I worriedly ask.

 

"Is that the way couples break up?" She ask.

 

Huh?

 

"I don't. You're my first girlfriend" I said and she look at me.

 

"Hmm. So no. We are not breaking up. You are not to allowed to date anyone arasso? And you always have to be near me as long as it's possible...Time in" She said.

 

"What? You want me to stay by your side but you're not going to talk to me??" I ask her but she didn't respond and just focus on the worksheet.

 

I should be happy that she's the one doing the activity for us but I can't be happy with what she just said.

 

Sure the possessiveness was kinda sweet but SHE'S NOT GONNA TALK TO ME.

 

It's like I'll be with her but not really with her!

 

It's confusing and it's complicated!

 

"Unnie"

 

And the owner of that voice is just super annoying!

 

"Yoona" Eunjung said.

 

Yoona sat in front of us.

 

She look at me but I just arch my eyebrow to her.

 

 

How could she do that to Areum after saving her damn stupid life?

 

HYERI'S POV

Like Areum it's fun to tease Park Hyomin.

 

You might be wondering how I end up being friends with my enemies.

 

It's fun to meet people in my world who are in my world but were not really interested in controlling everything.

 

My mafia's goal was simply to be the most powerful one at any cost.....in any ways possible....which I found really uninviting.

 

I do serve and give my best to my mafia because I had no other choice.

 

I never choose to be a part of them.

 

My parents did.

 

So to make everything not so boring I help our enemies and give headaches to my mafia.

 

I'm so dead if they found out that I'm the one leaking all the secret information and I'm always preparing myself for that d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter