Chapter 41

Against All The Odds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BORAM'S POV

I've heard that the other members of Eagle Mafia starts making their move so to confirm it I came here to the old abandoned hideout of our mafia.

 

The weapons are not here anymore.

 

Someone took it which only proves that what I heard was true but....

 

I'm still wondering who's giving them orders.

 

Eunjung was obviously still undecided and the other members won't ever dare to come out without someone powerful leading them.

 

Is there someone that powerful in our mafia aside from Eunjung?

 

"Boram"

 

Huh?

 

I turn around and got surprised to see her here.

 

Why is she here?!

 

I was expecting for Hyomin to come and not Soyeon!

 

Tsk.

 

I'm not yet ready to face her.

 

"Hyomin can't come so I'm here." She said.

 

"Nuguya?" I boringly ask.

 

She frowns.

 

"Please stop acting like you don't know me Boram." She irritably said

 

"I don't know who you are and if ever we met already....I don't remember. I only remember pretty girls and you're out of the category" I said and look at her from head to toe.

 

She clench her fist.

 

At first I thought she was going to attack me but she just took a deep breath and close her eyes like she's trying to calm herself.

 

Soyeon is really beautiful.

 

My heart screams for her name.

 

It's just sad and painful to face the truth that she love someone else and I can't have her.

 

"Ok Boram. I know I hurt you and it's never my intention to hurt you though I said so many times that I don't like you...I don't wanna lie to you about my feelings that's why I said I still love Q-"

 

"Weapons are gone. Eagle mafia is starting to take orders from an unknown leader. We need to find out what's going on" I said interrupting her.

 

I know she love Jihyun and she doesn't need to stab my heart a million times.

 

Maybe this is my punishment for being a playgirl.

 

"C'mon. I know someone we could ask" I said and walk outside the building.

 

She followed me to the car.

 

"Buckle up" I said but she was just sitting there like she didn't hear me.

 

What's up with her?

 

"You're a coward." She said.

 

Mwo?

 

Me?

 

A coward?

 

"I have no idea what you're saying. Just put your seatbelts on" I said.

 

"If you really love me you should fight for me. I'm not like your other flings. I don't share and I'm not cheap!" She said and throw an angry glare at me.

 

**gulp**

 

"Y-yah wh-why are you ye-yelling?" I ask.

 

Damn it!

 

Why can't I even talk straight?!

 

"Because you're a coward and you're annoying!" She said and angrily wear her seatbelt.

 

**sigh**

 

"Does all of this means you're giving me a chance?" I ask.

 

Her expression suddenly calm.

 

"I don't wanna use you to forget Qri" She said.

 

"Answer my question Soyeon. I'm willing to be used. A rebound or whatever you call that. Just tell me you're giving me a chance. I wanna hear it coz every time I will ask you your answer was always 'I would never wanted to your girlfriend' .... So better make it clear" I said.

 

"Can I give the answer tomorrow? I wanna think about it first and weigh my thoughts" She said.

 

"Sure. I'll expect an answer from you tomorrow. Tomorrow before the hunting game" I said.

 

"Thank you" She said and I just smile at her.

 

Now we should get back to work.

 

"Mrs. Han and her family and also your Dad might be on that hunting game. It's the first time it'll be done with the participants are mostly elite assassins." I said.

 

"Probably a twist on the mechanics will happen. I'm not expecting to witness a normal hunting game tomorrow especially that they invited us to watch though they know that we might interfere" She said.

 

"I'll do whatever it takes to save my filthy rich Dad and I'm sure Eunjung will save her parents too" I said.

 

Knowing Eunjung she would break any rules for the sake of her love ones.

 

"We still need to be careful. It's Gyuri's game. Her own rules, her own territory. We might put everyone's life at stake in one wrong move." She said.

 

HYERI'S POV

 

I left school after I informing Jiyeon about what happen.

 

Now, I'm here in my Mom's house.

 

"Where is Mom?" I ask.

 

"In here room Miss Hyeri" A lazy assassin lying on the couch replied.

 

Tsk.

 

"You had a mission last night?" I ask.

 

"Yes, Miss. We try to kill the Eagle Heiress but we failed and Madam do some business with Park Gyuri" He said.

 

A business with Gyuri?

 

"What business?" I ask.

 

"I'm sorry Miss but I don't know. Madam said that she will let the Eagle Assassins do it" He said.

 

Mwo?

 

I go upstairs and headed straight to my Mom's room without knocking.

 

"Hyeri-ah don't you know how to knock dear?" She said as she puts on her lipstick in front of the mirror.

 

"You had a deal with Gyuri and you also have access to the Eagle assassins. What's happening Mom?" I ask.

 

"I told you before. I will lead the three most powerful mafias therefore, making them one" She said.

 

"How did you get the Eagle assassins? They have Eunjung and Eunjung is much capable of being their mafia boss" I said.

 

"Not if she treasures her sister who is the Dragon Mafia heiress. The Eagle Assassins believes that if Eunjung can't kill her sister they will all die." She said.

 

"I don't believe that it's only because of that Mom" I said.

 

"Well, of course. None of them wants to die in the hands of the Rogue Assassin" She said and laugh evilly.

 

Sometimes I wanted to believe that my Mom had gone crazy.

 

But no...

 

She's not.

 

She's just like that.

 

So I'm not really surprised if I can't keep my loyalty to a single mafia. Like what I've said to Jiyeon.

 

It's on my blood.

 

"Boram unnie will be on the hunting game too. She will die if she tried saving Mr. Jeon" I said.

 

"Now that is the reason why I had a deal with Gyuri so don't worry about your unnie." She said.

 

"And that deal is?" I ask

 

She turn her chair around to face.

 

"Have you heard that Yoona the useless Dragon Heiress is missing?" She ask.

 

"Yeah. Don't tell me that you Gyuri were the one's responsible for it." I said.

 

"I really love how smart you are dear child" She said.

 

I don't get it.

 

"Gyuri isn't supposed to harm Yoona. Mr. Park will kill her" I said.

 

"We didn't hurt the kid. Just keep her for a while and pin everything on Jiyeon. That's what Gyuri wants" She said.

 

On Jiyeon?

 

"And why Jiyeon is involve in here?" I ask.

 

"I don't know and I don't care whatever the reason why she wanted to pin everything on Park Jiyeon. Maybe she just hate that girl so much" Mom said and face the mirror again.

 

Gyuri knows who the Rogue Assassin is.

 

The rogue assassin is my Mom.

 

Park Kahi.

 

But why would Gyuri ask help from my Mom?

 

If she hates Jiyeon and she wants her dead she could've just done it by herself.

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Not unless she's not allowed to hurt Jiyeon.

 

OMO!

 

Don't tell me Jiyeon is the....

 

"Mom. The Dragon Assassins would turn their back on you if the Dragon Heiress is strong enough and capable of fighting for them. That's the only reason why they're following you right?" I said.

 

"Yes but unfortunately for the heiress she would've likely to join her mother's grave early because she's weak" Mom said.

 

"Alright. I'm leaving then" I said to her and leave the house.

 

If Gyuri wants to put all the blame on Jiyeon because of Yoona...

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter