Chapter 3

Against All The Odds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JIYEON'S POV

"Qri can you help me find someone without Mom knowing?" I ask.

 

"Huh? Who?" She ask.

 

"My sister" I said.

 

I had been thinking of a way on how to find her and meet her again but my Mom is just way too strict.

 

"Your sister? I didn't know you have a sister" She said.

 

"Mom doesn't wanna talk about it" I said.

 

"What do you mean she doesn't want to talk about it? Does she hate your sister?" She ask and I shook my head.

 

"My Mom was divorced with her first husband." I said.

 

"First husband? So Mr. Park isn't your real Dad?" She said

 

"No. He isn't my real Dad . Mom never told me why did she and Dad divorced. I was too young that time to remember and understand everything. My sister and I were really close but we have to be separated. She was with my Dad and I am with Mom. I remember Mom keeps telling me before that she wanted a new life and forget EVERYTHING in the past and that everything includes my Dad and my sister. She even changed my surname to Park. From then, on I never heard anything about my sister and my Dad and just live the way my Mom wants me to be." I explained.

 

"You never try to ask your Mom?" She ask.

 

"I did but she doesn't give any answer to me. She doesn't want to talk about it" I said.

 

And right now, I'm really wondering why did we have to be in this kind of set up.

 

"It'll be hard Jiyeon. We need to find someone who could help us, someone that has no connection to our parents or else we'll never find them" She said.

 

"I know. That's why I need your help....again. You're the only person I can trust in this Qri-ah. Please help me find them. I miss my sister so much." I said pleading.

 

"What's your sister's name?" She ask.

 

"That's another problem. I don't remember her name coz I used to call her just unnie." I said.

 

Qri sighed.

 

"Oh....Then forget about it. How are we supposed to find someone who's name is 'unnie' Jiyeon? I need details" She said.

 

"Yah! It isn't my fault if I can't remember her name. I told you I was too young to remember everything but I do know that we live here nearby before" I said.

 

"Do you remember where exactly your house is?" She ask and I scratch the back of my head.

 

"Mianhae. Unnie used to carry me on her back when we go home and I usually fall asleep while she's carrying me so I'm not sure where the house is" I said.

 

"Heol. It'll be a long search then kiddo. It'll be more difficult since years already passed and who knows if your real Dad and your sister already move" She said.

 

"But you'll still help me right?" I said.

 

Qri look at me and sighed again.

 

"What choice do I have?" She said and I smile.

 

I love Qri for being this kind to me.

 

Even though I know that her girlfriend broke up with her because of me.

 

"We need to convince our parents to let us find a place to live in this place" I said.

 

"I doubt it Jiyeon" She said.

 

"Why?" I ask.

 

"Can't you see that there are no people walking around here even if it's still early? Take a look at the house. You can easily say that there's someone inside because of the lights but the doors are already closed even the window. There’s lot of thugs walking around here during night Jiyeon" She said.

 

Thugs?

 

"If then, why you still choose to take this road?" I worriedly ask.

 

"Because it's the fastest way and besides we're not going to stay. Just passing by" She said.

 

Heol.

 

"So let's go?" She ask.

 

I look at the park again.

 

This park is the place where unnie and I usually play.

 

"Yeah" I replied to Qri.

 

She start driving again but the car stops after running few meters.

 

"What's wrong? Why did we stop?" I ask.

 

"I think there's something wrong with the car" She said and go outside to check it.

 

I go outside and see what she's doing but she's just staring at it.

 

"You don't know anything about this thing right?" I said and she just nodded.

 

"Then, let's just call someone to fetch us up in here" I suggested.

 

"Good idea but I'm not leaving my car in this place. Hey, you could try to push it and I'll take the wheels" She said and I glare at her.

 

"Are you kidding me Lee Jihyun?!" I said but then she shook her head.

 

I rolled my eyes on her.

 

She's being unbelievable.

 

"I'm not gonna do it. Just call someone now" I said

 

"Fine" She said and get her phone inside the car.

 

While Qri is busy talking to someone on the other side of the car I just lean on the hood and heaved a deep sigh.

 

Why must this happen to us now?

 

If there is one thing I'm happy about this...that is I'm not yet home facing my Mom who will probably keep on discussing about what should I do tomorrow and the other days.

 

While I'm leaning on the car I saw three girls walking on the other side of the road.

 

"...I'm sure we'll win again this time. Those team who join the underground fight are weaklings"  The girl who's holding a cigarette said.

 

I can't clearly see their faces clearly but I heard that they're talking about underground fight...

 

What's an underground fight?

 

I have no idea what is it but it sounds cool.

 

I look at Qri and she's still busy talking over the phone.

 

"I'll be back Qri-ah" I said but of course Qri doesn't hear it.

 

I'm just curious about that underground fight thingy so I secretly followed the three girls.

 

I notice that they were heading into a dark alley.

 

I stop.

 

Should I still continue following them?

 

I'm scared of the dark.....because I can't see anything.

 

It's scary when you can't see anything.

 

I look behind me.

 

OMG!! WHERE THE HELL IS THE WAY OUT??

 

I pay too much attention to the three girls especially to the one who walks with her eyes close.

 

I'm not sure if she's sleep walking or not but she kinda looks cool to me.

 

BUT THE HELL IS THE WAY BACK??

 

I remember us taking several turns but I actually don't remember coz this place looks the same.

 

I sighed.

 

I guess I'll just go to the dark alley and follow those girls again on their way back.

 

I feel chills while I'm walking to this dark alley.

 

Why does this seems very long?

 

Anyway I keep walking straight till a saw light at the end of the alley.

 

I didn't just saw light, I could also hear noise coming from that place.

 

I got curious what's going on inside so I decided to sneak in.

 

Whoa!!!

 

What is this place?

 

I could see scary looking people with body piercings hmmm...they actually look like gangsters.

 

I can't see clearly what's going on in there because this place is really crowded but there's a guy waving money in the middle.

 

I could see his hand waving the money above the crowd and I could hear him talking something about placing a bet.

 

I'm curious of what's going on in there maybe that was the fight.

 

I wanna see it but I can't take the smell on the crowd.

 

The smell of alcohol and cigarette smoke and other disgusting smell around.

 

I look around and search for the three girls earlier.

 

Where could they be?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter