Chapter 40

Against All The Odds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

QRI'S POV

I knock on the hotel room few times before someone opens up the door

 

It was Eunjung with her messy hair.

 

I bet she just woke up.

 

She looks surprised to see me.

 

"Qri" She just said.

 

"Is Jiyeon with you?" I ask

 

Tsk.

 

My wound really hurts!

 

"Uhm...n-no. She's not here" She said.

 

The fact that she can't speak straight and her makes her suspicious.

 

"Jiyeon's car is outside" I said and push her so that I could get inside.

 

Jiyeon's not here.

 

I check the bathroom and Jiyeon's not here too.

 

I look at the window.

 

Hmm.

 

Nah.

 

That kid wouldn't even dare to hide or jump of that window.

 

I turn to look at Eunjung

 

She was standing near the bed and it seems like she was checking if someone is underneath

 

I check it too but I saw no one.

 

Not even a trace of Park Jiyeon.

 

"Where's Jiyeon?" I ask Eunjung.

 

"I-I don't know....Well, we were together last night. I admit that coz we were both locked on the rooftop. Then, we find a way to escape but then, someone is following us so Jiyeon have to drop me here. I didn't know that she left her car." She explained.

 

Why do I find it hard to believe her?

 

"Are you sure that she just drop you here?...She didn't check in with you?" I ask again.

 

"Qri. I don't know where Jiyeon is and she check in with me but she immediately left and like what I told you I didn't know why she left her car" She explained

 

"Jiyeon didn't mention where she will go?" I ask again.

 

Where would that kid go?

 

"No she didn't....I wanted to ask too but... you know we already broke up. I don't have the right to." She said and look down.

 

**sigh**

 

"I'm sorry. I'm leaving now. I bring my car so please just take Jiyeon's car" I said.

 

Though that car is actually mine.

 

I still have a problem.

 

I need to find Jiyeon but the pain is getting stronger.

 

I need to take my medicine so I drive straight home.

 

I hope Soyeon could find her too.

 

I slowly get into the house when I arrive home.

 

I'm sweating and feel a little dizzy when I arrive home.

 

"Qri! Are you ok?!" I heard someone running downstairs.

 

It was Jiyeon.

 

She help me and let me sit on the couch.

 

"Where have you been Park Jiyeon?!" I ask

 

"Tsk. Let me call your doctor first. I'll explain everything I promise" She said and call my doctor.

 

I waited for few more minutes enduring the pain before my doctor arrives and check my wounds.

 

"You have to rest Ms. Lee and don't skip your medicines" My doctor said.

 

"Yes. Thank you" I said and she leave.

 

"Now explain to me Park Jiyeon" I said while I'm lying here in on my bed.

 

"You sure you don't want to sleep first?" She ask.

 

"Stop trying to get away with this and explain. You also didn't told me about the hunting game tomorrow night! How can I protect you're keeping secrets from me?!" I angrily yelled at her.

 

"Heol. I'm sorry ok. About the hunting game. I wasn't really planning to hide it from you. It's just that I don't think it'll be good for your condition" She said.

 

"Still you keep it from me and I know you Jiyeon. You'd go there by yourself and it's very dangerous" I said.

 

"Everywhere we go is dangerous. The woman with no name...She told me that her name was Kahi, Park Kahi if I remember it right.and she's also the one who told me about the rogue assassin." She said.

 

Park Kahi?

 

She sounds familiar to me.

 

"And last night she came to school to assassinate Eunjung. Eunjung was with me so I tried to protect her" She said.

 

"What?! You and Eunjung encountered her?!" I ask.

 

"Yeah. I tried to hide Eunjung's face and told her to kill me but then when she was about to do it. Someone interrupted and told her that they found Eunjung's location so we let us slip....for now. That scary" She said.

 

"That woman wants to be the mafia boss. She wants to kill Yoona because they think that Yoona was you. One of the reasons why I want you to keep your secrets" I said and she sighed.

 

"By the way. What is your car doing in the hotel? Seems like you spend your whole night with Eunjung" I said

 

Her story should match Eunjung's for me to believe that nothing else happens that night.

 

"Well we did check in on that hotel. We were supposed to talk privately in a restaurant or somewhere but then, we noticed that we're being followed. We spend almost two hours roaming around before we lost them. I got really tired and it's already midnight. We check in on the hotel nearby. I spend few minutes there and leave because....Eunjung and I were over. It doesn't feel right to be on the same room with her" She said.

 

"And where did you go? Why did you left your car?" I ask

 

"I secretly left the hotel and try to stalk Kahi" She said and that made me throw the pillow towards her.

 

"What the hell are you trying to do Jiyeon?!" I said and I almost forget about my wound again.

 

"Look Qri. Now is not the right time for us to argue about this. You gotta stop acting like my Mom. Hiding me to protect me. It's not that I don't appreciate and understand you but we have to face this. If you really want me to lead the Dragon Mafia you have to let me show them that I deserve it. I need to give them reasons why they must follow me and not Kahi. A reason more than because I was born to be the Dragon Heiress" She said.

 

"Ok. Go to school" I said.

 

"I can't leave you here like this" She said.

 

"I'm not going anywhere. Just go to school." I said.

 

She sighed

 

"Ok. Are you sure you'll be fine?" She ask again.

 

"Yeah. You're already in your uniform so better go." I said.

 

She get her things and leave.

 

**sigh**

 

Jiyeon is somehow right about what she said.

 

But even if I agree with her I do have the right to decide for that.

 

It should be her Mom and of course herself.

 

AREUM'S POV

It's really odd that nobody visits us here for days.

 

Normally, Yuri or Suzy will come here to check us.

 

What's more odd is that they say that they say will kill one of us each night but after the first victim nobody follows and that makes me wonder.

 

"Areum"

 

Huh?

 

I saw Hyeri standing outside the cell.

 

I immediately approach her.

 

"Hyeri-ah. What's going on? Where are the guards?" I ask.

 

"Taking their break. Boss' not around." She said.

 

"So?" I ask.

 

I know she came here to spill something.

 

"Well, there will be a hunting game tomorrow night and I guess you know what will happen already" She said

 

"What?! Is Gyuri insane?!" I irritably said.

 

I know no matter how I curse Gyuri here nothing can stop her.

 

"Gyuri's not insane. She's just mad... They will spare your life because of Suzy but that doesn't mean you'll be free Areum" Hyeri said

 

Damn this can't happen!

 

"Does Qri unnie knows" I ask.

 

"Yes, but unfortunately, Qri got shot lately and still recovering." She said.

 

"Mwo?! Who did that to her?!" I worriedly ask.

 

"Someone from your own mafia. I heard that someone is trying lead the Dragon Mafia because Yoona can't do it" she said.

 

Tsk.

 

I bet it's that woman.

 

That means we Qri unnie can't help us too.

 

Damn it!

 

I don't wanna be Suzy's slave and I don't want our parents to die too.

 

Not in that stupid insane hunting game!

 

"And I also heard that your heiress was missing. That's not yet confirmed" She said.

 

Jiyeon is missing?

 

"Our heiress is missing?" I ask.

 

"Yeah. I heard that they can't find Yoona anywhere" She said.

 

Heol

 

That was somehow a relief.

 

I thought it was Jiyeon.

 

"Did Gyuri ask someone to kidnap her?" I ask.

 

"No. We don't have her. I'm sure of it." She said.

 

That woman is a headache too.

 

"I have to leave now." She said and leave.

 

Tomorrow night was a horror but....

 

 

 

 

 

It could also be an opportunity to escape.

 

JIYEON'S POV

I was glad Qri believe on what I told her.

 

Well, some parts of the story were true.

 

I just lied to the part that I left Eunjung last night.

 

I was walking on the hallway heading to our classroom.

 

I saw my car outside so I guess she's already here.

 

I need to explain things to her coz I just disappear this morning

 

Heol.

 

I still feel sleepy and lazy too.

 

**phone rings**

 

"Wae?" I lazily answer the phone.

 

"Meet me at the rooftop. It's important" She said.

 

Heol.

 

"Ok. I'll be there in a minute" I said.

 

I was just few steps away to our classroom.

 

But Hyeri called me and said she have something important to say.

 

What if it's about Areum and our parents?

 

But...

 

What about me explaining things to Eunjung?

 

**sigh**

 

I guess Jungie would understand so I turn around run to the rooftop.

 

"Hyeri-ah" I said when I saw her.

 

"I talk to Areum this morning" She said.

 

"And?" I ask.

 

"Areum will not be included to the hunting game because of Suzy. I can't help them escape. You're could help them on that day since Qri can't do it. I'm sorry" She said.

 

I would be willing to help them but....

 

I'm sure Qri would never allow me to.

 

"I'll figure out a way and don't ever tell Qri. Arasso?" I said to her though I really don't have an idea on how to find a way.

 

Tsk.

 

"By the way is your heiress really missing?" She ask.

 

That...

 

FLASHBACK

I was driving my car with Eunjung while we're trying to find a place where we could eat and hang out coz I'm planning to tell her everything.

 

I don't want to hide it anymore.

 

"Jiyeon. Someone is following us" She said.

 

What?!

 

I look into the mirror and saw the black car is trying to follow us.

 

I guess that woman with no name will never let me slip that easy.

 

Tsk.

 

"Fasten your seatbelt." I said to Eunjung.

 

If Mom was here she would probably scold me again for doing this.

 

"Why? What are you planning to do?" She ask and I just smirked.

 

"You'll know" I said and start increasing the speed of my car.

 

"Damn it! Jiyeon I don't want to die yet!" Eunjung said yelling at me.

 

I laugh.

 

"Just hold on tight. We're not going to die. Tru

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter