Chapter 10

Against All The Odds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

EUNJUNG'S POV

We ended up not attending our morning class because Boram keeps saying that Jiyeon glared at her and she can't get over with it.

 

Well, it's not like I do care about school.

 

"Boram-ah I told you get over with it. She wasn't glaring at you" I told her for the nth time.

 

"But Eunjungie....who is she glaring at then?" She ask

 

**sigh**

 

"Boram-ah. Are there no other information about Lee Qri except her name and her company? She do tell me she had fiancée" Hyomin said.

 

Lee Qri.

 

My girlfriend's fiancée.

 

Tsk.

 

Is this jealousy?

 

I suddenly want to take Jiyeon far away from everyone and bring her to a place where there's just the two of us.

 

A place where there's no Lee Qri and no Jeon Boram who always freaks out everytime she sees her.

 

I feel annoyed.

 

"No. I've hired two of the best private investigator I know but they ended up having the same result. Other information’s about that Lee Qri is pretty confidential for some reasons" She said.

 

Confidential?

 

"Tsk. I'm going to the restroom first" Hyomin said and leave.

 

By the way we're here at the garden where I brought Jiyeon before.

 

It's one of my favorite place here at school because it's peaceful.

 

The place is refreshing

 

Wonder why no else come here even if it's this beautiful?

 

It's because this is our spot.

 

"Can you please skip the drama and tell me why do you wanna meet us in the first place?" I ask.

 

"Oh that. I've heard from the underground society that the heiress of wild beast mafia showed up to find the other two heiresses" She said

 

Wild Beast Mafia.

 

One of the three most powerful mafia in the underground society and the heiress.

 

The other two were the Eagle Mafia and Dragon Mafia who never showed up for years.

 

"So? What she will she do if she find the other two?" I ask.

 

"Of course there will be a fight between the three of them. The one who survive rules the underground society" She said.

 

"And what does it have to do with us?" I ask.

 

"Well, gangsters without mafia connections were being hunt down" She said.

 

She said and lean her back on the chair.

 

"So? Are you saying that we should involve ourselves to mafias?" I ask.

 

"Hmm. I don't like the idea. But we will drag our family with us to death Eunjung" She said.

 

"So you do care for your filthy rich Dad huh?" I said.

 

"Somehow yeah and I'm sure you still do care about your Dad too. So does Hyomin." She said.

 

"Hating someone means you still do care for them. You won't hate them if you don't" I just said.

 

Boram and I both sighed.

 

"By the way. Did you meet the girl you're talking about again?" She ask.

 

I know she's talking about Jiyeon but I can't tell her about us.

 

"No" I just said and close my eyes.

 

"I think it's better. You know the leader of Yuri and Suzy is your ex-girlfriend" She said and I frown then glare at her.

 

"Jeon Boram. She isn't my ex-girlfriend coz there was never an US ok?" I said and close my eyes again.

 

I heard her laugh.

 

"Well that's what she tells everyone." She said.

 

"I don't care about what she tells everyone. I thought she could be my friend like you and Hyomin but she wanted more than that." I said.

 

"Maybe that's why she gets so mad at you and our groups became enemies. Can't blame her though. You broke her heart and tell her that you wanna marry your sister" She said and laughs again.

 

She and Hyomin always make a big deal about it.

 

"Could you please let it go? I'm just a kid for heaven's sake!" I said.

 

"But...don't you ever wonder why your parents told you that you could marry your sister?" She ask.

 

Yeah. Why did my parents ever said that to me?

 

"Is it worth it to know the reason?...I'm not even sure if I'm still able to see her again. I don't know if she still remember me." I said.

 

"Heol. Glad I don't have a sister or maybe I do have from one of my filthy rich father's flings but I'm not interested to meet them" She said and stand up then stretch her arms.

 

"You're leaving?" I ask.

 

"Yeah. I better leave now right? Just tell Hyomin about the thing I said to you" She said and leave.

 

My sister.

 

When will I see you again?

 

Will we ever meet again?

 

Anyway, I just go and find Hyomin.

 

She said she's going to the restroom so I headed to the restroom too.

 

But when I'm almost there I heard that she's talking to someone inside.

 

"Not my sister Yuri! I'm gonna kill you!"

 

I heard Hyomin said and I saw her come out.

 

She was surprise to see me here outside.

 

I heard Yuri's name so I do know that it's not good.

 

"C'mon. Boram already left" I said and we leave the place.

 

"What happen there?" I ask.

 

"Nothing" She said.

 

I didn't ask more coz it seems like she's not in a very good mood and I know that nothing means something coz I just heard her mention her unnie.

 

We heading to our classroom when someone suddenly someone bump me....

 

Intentionally bump me from behind...

 

Heol.

 

"Yah! Watch where you're going?!!" Hyomin who was already agitated angrily yelled at her.

 

Jiyeon just raise her eyebrow and get inside our classroom.

 

So she's our classmate.

 

"Yah! Don't you da-"

 

"It's ok Hyo. I'll take care of this" I said to her.

 

Jiyeon and I needs to talk.

 

"Do want me to accompany you?" She ask.

 

"Nah. I could take care of her on my own. Don't you trust me? " I said.

 

"I do trust you but she's a rich kid" She said.

 

"She can't use money to defend herself." I said.

 

"Ok." Hyomin said and get in the classroom then headed straight to her seat.

 

I look around and saw Jiyeon talking to someone I haven't seen before.

 

Seems like she's not our only new classmate.

 

I walk towards Jiyeon's seat.

 

There's silence in the room.

 

Well, probably all of them was thinking that I'm gonna beat her up.

 

"Park Jiyeon...follow me" I said in a very serious tone of voice.

 

She frowns at me.

 

Sorry but I need to do this.

 

"Why would she obey you?"

 

The girl stands and face me without fear.

 

She's brave.

 

"Areum stop. I got this" Jiyeon said.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter