Chapter 37

Against All The Odds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JIYEON'S POV

"What are you doing here?"

 

I froze when I hear that voice from behind.

 

Just hearing her voice right now makes me want to run...

 

I just can't figure out if I should run away or if I should run to her arms and tell her how much I miss her.

 

But running away would be the easiest in our situation.

 

Right.

 

Just walk away Park Jiyeon!!

 

My head keeps screaming that but my body won't just listen!

 

"I'm asking why are you here?" She ask again but I didn't respond.

 

I don't want to turn around coz I might end up taking back all those words that I said before and beg her to take me back.

 

I'm not that weak but I could be in weakest when it comes to Eunjung.

 

Don't be like this Park Jiyeon.

 

I took a deep breath and decided to face her.

 

I wasn't expecting to see a smiling Eunjung of course after what happen but I was really hurt to see the cold look she's giving to me.

 

It's just like before when I first met her after our years of being separated.

 

But now the coldness comes with anger and pain.

 

I tried not to make eye contact with her coz I feel like my heart is being ripped to see her being like this.

 

I know it was my fault.

 

It's all my fault.

 

I choose to stand for the mafia over her.

 

I must face the consequences of it.

 

"You don't own this place" I said and start walking away but she grab my arm and stop me.

 

Damn!

 

Just please let me walk away!

 

I want to tell her that but of course I didn't.

 

I have to listen to my head now and not to my heart.

 

Even though I'm not sure what my head tells me.

 

"Can you do me a favor?" Eunjung said.

 

I just look down.

 

I don't want to look at her.

 

"Please....Let's try our very best to avoid each other" She said.

 

Avoid each other...

 

"S-sure" I said and she let go of my arm and start walking away

 

**sigh**

 

I'm so sorry Eunjung.

 

I'm sorry for breaking your heart.

 

I'm sorry for hurting you like this.

 

I'm sorry because you didn't deserve this kind of pain and yet because of me you have to go through this again.

 

....

 

I decided to stay here on the garden.

 

I'm not in the mood to attend class right now.

 

"Park Jiyeon"

 

Huh?

 

I turn to the owner of the voice and get surprised.

 

What is she doing in here?!

 

"What do you want?" I ask trying to sound casual.

 

"Oh so....you do know me" She said.

 

"Yes. You are the woman with no name. Why are you here and what do you want?" I ask.

 

I'm still pissed with her because she tried to kill Qri and she did refuse to recue my Mom and the others!

 

"Simple. I want every information that your Mom have." She said.

 

I frown.

 

Information?

 

What information is she talking about?

 

And why does she want to have them?

 

"You refused to rescue them and now you want every information that my Mom have?...and excuse me but as far as I know you have no right to have those." I said.

 

She's being unbelievable!

 

"I am the one currently running the Dragon Mafia because your mother neglected her duty in our mafia! How could she let the heiress be as useless as this?! How could Im Yoona stand for the mafia if she doesn't even know how to defend herself?!...I need all the secret information to keep the Dragon Mafia alive so give it to me kid!" She said.

 

I just boringly look at her.

 

"And look at you! How could she spare her own daughter from mafia trainings?! It is mandatory for every mafia's child to undergo training! She just used my brother for all her nonsense. Your mother does not deserve to be the in-charged of our mafia!. I need all the secret information to keep the Dragon Mafia alive so give it to me kid!" She said .

 

But...

 

"Your brother?" I curiously ask.

 

When did my Mom used her brother?

 

And would my Mom do that?

 

She sighed and brush her hair.

 

I think she's having some kind of frustration.

 

Tsk.

 

"Your Mom didn't tell you a lot of things, did she?" She said.

 

"My Mom is the only one who holds the secret information of the Dragon Mafia. If you really wanted to have it then better do something to save them from the Wild Beast Mafia. If my Mom was here maybe she could explain everything to me and you should be ashamed of yourself for betraying our Mafia!" I angrily said.

 

She smile at me.

 

Eh?

 

"Kid, let me ask you...Have you ever heard of the Rogue Assassin?" She ask.

 

The who?

 

"No. Who is that?" I ask.

 

She just smirked and turn her back on me.

 

What is she talking about?

 

I just watch the woman with no name leaving.

 

Who is she?

 

She's damn mysterious!

 

I wanted to chase her and ask her about things but there is something in me that is trying to stop me from doing so.

 

**sigh**

 

I just boringly headed to our classroom.

 

When I arrive our teacher seems to be in the middle of her lecture but she stop when she saw me walk in.

 

I headed straight to my seat and ignore everyone.

 

I was trying so hard not to look at Eunjung.

 

She maybe looking at me or maybe not...either of the two I don't wanna know.

 

"You are very early Miss Park Jiyeon" My teacher said to me and that made me look at her in awe.

 

"Jeongmalyo? I thought I was already late Miss" I said to her and she frown at me.

 

"PARK JIYEON GET OUT!" She yelled at me and that made me stand up coz I got startled.

 

I grab my bag.

 

"I didn't know coming to class VERY early have a reward. Thanks for dismissing me early too Miss" I said and smile to my teacher.

 

Her face was so red and if she could just breathe fire I'll get toast!

 

Well, I'm not sure if it's possible but I just leave the classroom.

 

Teacher seems not sincere about giving my reward.

 

**sigh**

 

That's what I do after I found myself walking alone in the hallway.

 

I get my phone and call Qri.

 

I hope she's fine.

 

I'm not sure if our mafia still wants her dead.

 

"You're supposed to be in class at this hour. Why are you calling me?" She said right after she pick up my call.

 

"Aigoo Ahjumma. My teacher give me a reward and dismiss me early" I said.

 

"Park Jiyeon!" She yelled.

 

Which is unusual coz Qri never yell.

 

"You were sent out because you are late, am I right?" She said.

 

Tss.

 

"I'm just trying to make it sound good and positive don't spoil it!" I said.

 

I heard her sigh from the other line.

 

"You would never dare to do that if your Mom was here. Anyway, why did you call?" She ask and back to her Qri mode.

 

"I just wanna know if you're ok" I said.

 

I'm really worried about her.

 

"I'm alright. You don't have to check me from time to time kiddo. You gotta stop doing that before I fall in love with you" She said and my eyes widen.

 

"M-mwo?... Yah! Lee Qri! You can't fall in love with me! That's gross!" I said freaking out and I heard her laughing at me over the phone.

 

Tsk.

 

"Don't make jokes like that! It's not funny!" I said.

 

"You're really fun to tease but what I said is not impossible. I'm single and so you are plus the fact that I'm your fiancée. “She said still teasing me

 

Heol.

 

This Ahjumma jinja!

 

"Well, I can't blame you if you really fall in love with me Qri-ah. Nobody could ever resist my charms...." I said feeling proud of myself.

 

"But don't ever dare fall in love with me! Arasso?!" I warned her and she just giggle.

 

"By the way Ahjumma, do you know anything about the one they call Rogue Assassin?" I ask.

 

"...."

 

"..."

 

Eh? Why is she not answering me?

 

"Ahjumma? Are you still there?" I ask

 

"Where did you hear that?" She ask.

 

She suddenly become so serious.

 

I wonder why.

 

"I just heard it while I'm on my way to school" I said.

 

I don't think telling Qri that I met the woman with no name earlier is a good idea.

 

"And you heard it from who Jiyeon?" She ask again.

 

Why does she sound so scared about it?

 

"I don't know. I just heard. What's with the Rogu-"

 

"STOP MENTIONING HER NAME!" She yelled at me again.

 

Now that makes me really curious.

 

"Wae?! What's going on Qri-ah?!" I impatiently ask

 

"Listen. We'll talk about it when you’re here alright? For the meantime it is better that you should just forget about that and NEVER talk about it to anyone ok?" She said.

 

"It seems dangerous. How dangerous is it?" I ask.

 

That might sound scary but don't really feel scared right now.

 

"Jiyeon please"' She pleaded.

 

**sigh**

 

"Arasso, arasso" I said and we hang up.

 

I'm living in a life full of damn secrets!

 

I just headed to the rooftop and sit on the corner.

 

I was just looking at the sky trying to find answers to my questions.

 

SOMEONE'S POV

"Aren't you supposed to be in school?" I ask her.

 

"I am supposed to be there but since you give me this kind of life don't expect me to take school seriously Mom" She said

 

My daughter just had grown like me.

 

Very unpredictable.

 

"Very well, just stay with your Dad and don't ever come here. This isn't a place for you" I said to her.

 

"I saw you talk to her" She said.

 

I look at her and she was frowning at me.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter