Chapter 27

Against All The Odds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

QRI'S POV

**sigh**

 

I'm here at the house right now.

 

I come home after Jiyeon call me.

 

I'm here in my room to be exact.

 

Right now I'm staring at the box I placed on my bed.

 

What's in this box?

 

 

 

 

 

 

Guns.

 

They said I'm really good at using guns.

 

It's like guns and me were bestfriends.

 

It always shoots to where I aim.

 

I use them when I really needed them.

 

But to be honest....

 

 

 

 

I don't like using them.

 

Coz this thing kills people.

 

**sigh**

 

"I'm sorry Jiyeon-ah. I have to at least give it a try." I said and start loading the guns.

 

The mafia refused to rescue our parents and Areum because they want to focus on assassinating the Eagle Mafia Heiress.

 

I have to protect Jiyeon too so her identity must remain hidden even to our own mafia.

 

I don't know Mrs. Park's reason for hiding Jiyeon.

 

Maybe it's not just about protecting her or because her real daughter was the heiress of the Eagle.

 

I don't even know if she's aware that Eunjung is the heiress of the Eagle.

 

There could be other reason.

 

She needs to explain everything to Jiyeon for her to be able to understand the real situation and be the Dragon Mafia Queen.

 

Speaking of that....

 

If she finds out that our mafia wants to assassinate her beloved Eunjung I'm sure she's going to kill all of them even though they are her people.

 

About Yoona...I know that she's already aware how dangerous things are but she still choose to continue whatever it is that she's up to.

 

I don't understand why she's doing that or what was her reason for doing that.

 

I need to know the reasons but I guess I'll just leave that one to Jiyeon.

 

For now, I have to rescue our parents and Areum.

 

I can't just stay here and wait.

 

I prepare everything that I need

 

But....

 

 

 

 

 

**doorbell rings**

 

Hmm?

 

Who would visit me at this time?

 

I look outside the window and saw Park Hyomin.....

 

"What does this kid wants now?" I ask myself

 

I go downstairs and open the door for her.

 

"You're supposed to be at school" I said to her.

 

"Oh..well, hello to you too cutie pretty Qri. Can I come in?" She ask and smile at me instead of answering my question..

 

What's up with her?

 

"Why?" I ask..

 

"Huh? Why?" She innocently ask.

 

This kid is cute.

 

"Yes. Why are you here and why would I let you in my house?" I ask keeping my expressionless face.

 

"I....uhm...I wanna ask you something" She said while looking down.

 

Huh?

 

"What is it?" I ask again.

 

"We can't talk here outside so please let me in" She insisted

 

"How confidential was it that we can't talk here outside?" I ask again not letting her in.

 

"Yah. Can't you just let me in?" She said and pout.

 

I really can't believe that she have this side of hers.

 

She have this bad girl type aura and plus I don't like the fact that she smokes.

 

"I'm busy so please ... I have no time to play around" I said and she sighed.

 

"It's about the mafia." She said and that made me a little surprised.

 

Does she know that I'm also involved with a mafia?

 

"Ok" I said and let her inside the house then takes her to the living room.

 

"What do you wanna ask?" I ask

 

"I wanna know why you know so much about mafias. A private investigator that is not connected to a mafia couldn't get through confidential information such that" She said.

 

Based on what she said I could say that my identity is still hidden.

 

And I wasn't expecting that she's also smart.

 

"Let's just say I do have connections but to clear things to you...my only concern is to free my love ones and that's all." I said.

 

I have to keep lying to keep my identity.

 

"Hmm. I see...but how are you supposed to save your parents from the Wild Beast Mafia? Calling the police would be no use." She said.

 

This kid have a lot of questions.

 

"I know that. That's why I'll go save them by myself" I said and her eyes widen.

 

"SAVE THE BY YOURSELF???!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!" She ask in shock.

 

"Don't yell at me kid. You heard what I said" I said.

 

Tsk.

 

She's loud.

 

"Seriously Qri-ah. You have no idea what kind of danger is waiting for you in there. It is a mafia. You'll die before you even get to see your parents" She said and she looks really concern.

 

I sit beside her and smile then pat her head.

 

I wasn't supposed to be talking to her but I do feel comfortable around this kid.

 

That's somehow unexpected.

 

"Yah! I told you stop treating me like a kid and take my words seriously. What you plan to do is dangerous!" She said

 

"Tell me...how did you become a part of the Eagle Mafia?" I ask.

 

"Huh? Me?....Uhm...my parents" She said and look away

 

Huh?

 

"Your parents are part of the mafia?" I ask and she nods..

 

"Where are they? Maybe they could help us" I said

 

She scoffs.

 

"Waeyo?" I curiously ask.

 

"They're dead. They were killed by someone from the Dragon Mafia. Someone who's really good in using guns. “She said and clenched her fist.

 

What?!

 

Someone....from the dragon mafia....

 

 

 

 

 

 

Who's good at guns??

 

FLASHBACK

A YEAR AGO

"You ask for me" I said to the girl with no name.

 

"Yes. You have a mission tonight" She said and handed me a folder.

 

"Mr. and Mrs. Park from the Eagle Mafia. What's wrong with them?" I ask.

 

"You don't have to know that just do your job" She said and she seems mad.

 

She's superior to me that time so I have no choice but to do what she ordered me to do

 

"Arasso. I'll prepare everything now" I said.

 

"Ms. Lee" She call me again before I left

 

"Yes?" I ask.

 

"This mission is a top secret. Make sure no one else will find out and you are not allowed to talk about this matter to anyone." She said.

 

"Alright. I won't say a word about this and act like nothing happens when it's done." I said.

 

"Good. You may go" She said and so I left her and meet Soyeon.

 

**sigh**

 

We're supposed to have a dinner date tonight but I guess I have to cancel it.

 

"Hey what's with the long face?" She ask me when she finally arrive at the restaurant.

 

"I have something to do tonight." I said while looking down.

 

"Is that important?" She ask and I nodded still not looking at her .

 

"More important than me?" She ask again and that made me immediately look at her

 

"Of course not!" I said and she just laugh at me.

 

"Tsk....don't play around" I said and ruffled my hair.

 

"It's alright. I understand. I guess I'll just meet you tomorrow then" She said and smile at me.

 

"Thank you Soyeonnie"

END OF FLASHBACK

"I will find that person and make her pay" She said.

 

I could see anger in her eyes.

 

I don't know what to feel about this.

 

I close my eyes and took a deep breathe.

 

It can't be.

 

Does that means Mr. And Mrs. Park were Hyomin's parents???

 

Damn it!

 

But I wasn't even sure what happen that night.

 

I wasn't even sure if it's me who killed Mr. And Mrs. Park.

 

Those things that happen that night was really fast and unclear to me.

 

I didn't think about it

 

"Kid I think you should leav-"

 

I got a little surprise when she suddenly hug me.

 

"Please don't do this Qri-ah. I don't want you to die." She said pleading.

 

If you find out that it's me...

 

Would you still be able to say those words to me?

 

 

BORAM

"Where is Hyomin now?! Eunjung said she's not in school"

 

We are here in my condo.

 

I'm here sitting on the couch watching....

 

 

 

 

 

 

Watching this cute girl whom I still can't recall the name walk back and forth while whining about her sister.

 

I think her wound doesn't hurt anymore.

 

**sigh**

 

"Will you please calm down? Hyomin could take care of herself" I said.

 

"She's my sister!" She suddenly yelled at me.

 

Ah jinja.

 

"She's my bestfriend and almost like a sister to me too but you gotta stop treating her as a kid. Hyomin have her ways. Trust her." I said.

 

She glared at me for seconds and grab my keys on the table.

 

"Yah what are you planning to do?" I ask

 

"Let's go out. I'll only freak out in here" She said and throw the keys to me.

 

"Are you asking me out on a date girlfriend?" I teasingly ask her.

 

And of course I received death glare for doing that.

 

I just smile at her and took her hand then headed to my car outside before she had the thought of breaking my bones.

 

"Where would we go?" I ask.

 

"I don't know. Just drive" She said like she's the boss.

 

Jinja!

 

I just start the car and start driving.

 

I didn't bother to speak because she's seems really not in the mood.

 

I think she's really worried about her sister.

 

Hmm.

 

I wanted to say something but I don't know what to say.

 

And I can't remember her name.

 

She will get mad even more if I call her girlfriend again.

 

Maybe I should ask her to wear a name tag for me to remember her name.

 

"Boram" She suddenly speak which get me out of my thoughts.

 

"Yeah?" I ask.

 

"Am I not pretty?" She ask.

 

Huh?

 

I stop the car on the corner and look at her.

 

"What did you ask me again?" I ask

 

"You said you only remember pretty girl names but you refused to remember mine. Am I that ugly to you?" She ask and give me an expressionless look which somehow indicates "danger".

 

I better be careful in my words or else I'm going to get hit on the face once again.

 

"Uhm...you are cute" I said and nodded but she frown at me.

 

"Cute and pretty are two different words Jeon Boram" She said.

 

Heol.

 

"Yeah I know... You definitely not ugly and I admit you're not pretty FOR ME bu-"

 

I gulped when she glare at me.

 

Geez.. why am I suddenly got scared of this woman?

 

"Y-yah let me finish before you react violently" I said and she just raised her eyebrow to me.

 

Hays..

 

".....uhm...."

 

"What?!" She impatiently yelled at me

 

I scratch the back of my head.

 

I can't believe I suddenly got tongue tied because of her

 

"Forget it...I have nothing else to say." I said and was about to leave but someone knocks on my window.

 

Huh?

 

I lowered the window and finally recognize him

 

That made me realize that I just stop my car in front of my filthy rich Dad's mansion.

 

"I'm planning to get in that house Ahjussi" I said to him.

 

"But Mrs. Jeon wanted to see you" He said.

 

She wanted to see me?

 

Some miracle happens.

 

"What does she want?" I ask.

 

"I'm sorry Miss but she didn't mention it." He said

 

"Arasso. Tell her to wait for a second" I said and ahjussi get into the house.

 

"Is it ok if we stop by for a while?" I ask her.

 

"I'll wait for you here" She said

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter