Chapter 43

Against All The Odds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

QRI'S POV

I was about to go downstairs when I heard Hyomin's conversation with Eunjung.

 

So she and Jiyeon get back together then decided to keep it a secret.

 

I should've known that.

 

Jiyeon lied to me just to be with Eunjung but I don't get it.

 

Why would Jiyeon broke up with her like that if she already take the risk of lying to me?

 

And I'm very sure that Jiyeon loves Eunjung.

 

I go back to my room and tried calling Jiyeon but seems like her phone is turned off.

 

This makes me feel worried.

 

It's getting late and she's not yet home.

 

Tsk.

 

Because of this wound I can't do my job of watching over Jiyeon.

 

I hope she's fine.

 

I was just sitting on my bed when I heard a vehicle stops in front of the house.

 

I check who's it and got a little bit disappointed that it's not yet Jiyeon.

 

It's Soyeon, Boram and Yoona.

 

**sigh**

 

That kid invited people on my own house without even asking me.

 

Tsk.

 

Why am I even surprised about it?

 

Hyomin seems to be someone who always do what she wants.

 

I decided to go downstairs but I stopped when I heard them talking to Yoona.

 

Yoona's answers to their questions were obviously a lie and that makes my blood boil.

 

This puzzle game should stop already.

 

I don't care now if the Eagle find out that Jiyeon is the real dragon heiress.

 

I get my gun and go downstairs.

 

"Who's ordering you to say those things against Jiyeon? Tell the truth or this gun will blow your head off" I said pointing the gun on Yoona's head.

 

I had enough of her.

 

The first time she did this to Areum and now she's doing it to Jiyeon.

 

I'm sure someone is ordering her or might as well threaten her to do this.

 

I had someone in mind.

 

Park Gyuri.

 

But Gyuri would never care about Jiyeon...

 

...not unless she already know who Jiyeon is.

 

"Qri-ah. Put down the gun please." Hyomin said to me but I ignore her.

 

I ignored them.

 

I could see fear in Yoona's eyes but the truth must be revealed.

 

"Qri she's your heiress! You can't do this!" Eunjung said and that sounds like she's trying to warn me too but I don't care.

 

Others might have been thinking on how to stop me but they all need to be careful or I will really kill Yoona in front of them.

 

I don't know where Jiyeon is right now and I can't even reach her.

 

She could've been in danger right now.

 

"Answer me Yoona" I said.

 

"W-why are yo-u doing this Qri? You're su-pposed to be prote-cting me" Yoona said trying to be brave.

 

I smirked.

 

"Protect you? When did I ever oath to protect you? And why do I have to protect you Im Yoona? We both know the truth and I'm done with your lies. And if you didn't know me, I'm letting you know that I would really kill you if you didn't answer my question" I said in my even serious tone.

 

Yoona begins to cry.

 

"What does she mean Yoona? Were you lying to me?" Eunjung ask her this time.

 

"It's Gyuri. It's Park Gyuri, please don't kill me" Yoona said and cried harder.

 

I put the gun away.

 

I was right.

 

It was Park Gyuri.

 

"So you're telling me that Gyuri is behind this too?! What other lies did you need to confess to me Yoona?! Did you also lie to me about being my sister?!" Eunjung impatiently and angrily ask her right now but Yoona can't even manage to say a word now because she's crying really hard.

 

Tss

 

I headed to the kitchen to have some water.

 

I'm not feeling well again and I'm more scared.

 

Now that Gyuri knows there is a huge possibility that Jiyeon is really missing now.

 

Damn it!

 

I go back to the living room and none of them dare to speak and Yoona was still crying while looking down.

 

I had a feeling that she was threatened to do this.

 

"Im Yoona. What will you get for doing this?" I sit beside Hyomin and ask her again.

 

"My Mom. They said they will let my Mom go" She said while still looking down.

 

"And you believe that Gyuri will really do that? Tsk. Why are you doing this?" I ask again.

 

I'm curious why does she have to pretend to be Jiyeon in the first place.

 

"I told you already. I'm doing this to save my Mom!" She yelled at me.

 

HYERI'S POV

"Jiyeon please. You need to eat" I said.

 

I decided to untie her and keep her in this room with a maximum security.

 

She was just sitting on the bed while hugging her knees and tears keeps falling from her eyes.

 

"I want to see Eunjung Hyeri-ah. I need her." She said.

 

**sigh**

 

My heart is breaking to see her like this but I know she would eventually forget Eunjung as time passes and she learn to love me too.

 

I just have to be on her side all the time.

 

"Jiyeon, Eunjung is gone. You need to start accepting that fact. She's not coming back" I said trying to convince her.

 

"Then, let me out of this place Hyeri." She begged.

 

"I can't do that. I'm sorry and besides, what will you do out there? It's dangerous" I said.

 

"I don't care what kind of danger is waiting for me out there. I can't just stay here and do nothing! I need to face my Gyuri and end all of this!" She said.

 

I can't let her out.

 

"Miss Hyeri..." My assistant call me.

 

"I'll just put this here. Just eat when you get hungry" I said and go outside the room

 

"What?" I ask my assistant.

 

"We receive a call...Your Dad is dead" She said.

 

"What?!" I ask in shock.

 

D-dad?

 

"According to some wild beast assassins he was killed by the rogue assassin based on the mark left on the crime scene" She said.

 

I frown and clenched my fist.

 

She's indeed had gone crazy!

 

"I'm leaving. Make sure to watch over Jiyeon while I'm not around. Be alert and don't ever let her outsmart you. Arasso?" I said.

 

"Yes Miss" She replied and I left.

 

I need to meet my Mom.

 

What the hell is wrong with her?!

 

I came to my Mom's room without even knocking when I get to her house.

 

"What the hell is wrong with you Mom?!" I angrily said to her.

 

"Hyeri-ah, my dear when will you ever learn how to knock? And nothing is wrong with me" She said and while drinking wine

 

"You killed that and now you're telling me that nothing is wrong with you! Why did you do that?!" I said.

 

"Well, your Dad is getting on my way" She said.

 

Getting on her way?

 

"Dad always support you in everything that you do! He never gets in your way so don't give me that excuse coz I'm not buying it!" I said.

 

"Dear...I can't get married again because your Dad doesn't want a divorce. He said he'd rather die so...that's what I do" She said.

 

What?!

 

"Get married? You're getting married?" I ask in shock.

 

She killed Dad just to marry someone else?

 

I'm speechless.

 

"You see this ring. It's a symbol of power" She said and showed me her ring.

 

Th-that ring...

 

"You're marrying the wild beast mafia boss?! Are insane now Mom?!" I angrily said.

 

How could she do this to our family?!

 

She truly could give anything for power.

 

Damn it!

 

"My child don't be so angry" She said and walk towards me.

 

"Don't come near me" I said.

 

I don't know who is she anymore.

 

"You will benefit on this too. I know what you're up to. I know that you're hiding her" She said and smirked.

 

"H-how did you know?" I ask.

 

"You're my daughter. I know you...If I'm married to Mr. Park I'm going to ask him to let you marry her only daughter" She said.

 

Marry Jiyeon...

 

"How about Gyuri? It'll be dangerous for Jiyeon if she's around" I said.

 

"Leave that thing to Mommy. There's always a way to teach them a lesson" She said and laugh evilly.

 

Lesson?

 

"What will you do to them?" I ask.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter