Chapter 22

Against All The Odds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

YOONA'S POV

I don't know where did Eunjung unnie went.

 

She just left me with her friends and didn't comeback.

 

"Yoona, are you ok?" Boram unnie ask.

 

"Tsk. You just met her and you immediately remember her name?" Soyeon unnie said and rolled her eyes on her.

 

"Yah. Boram doesn't need to remember your name Soyeon." Hyomin unnie said.

 

**sigh**

 

"When will Eunjung unnie be back?" I ask.

 

They look at each other.

 

"We don't know Yoona" Boram unnie replied.

 

"Wait. Nobody told me the reason why we have to look after Yoona." Hyomin unnie said.

 

"She's the heiress of the Dragon Mafia' Soyeon unnie answer her.

 

 

"What?!....wait. How do you know about mafias?" Hyomin unnie ask Soyeon unnie.

 

"It's a long story Hyomin-ah. I'll tell you next time" Soyeon unnie said.

 

The truth is...

 

I'm not really the heiress of the Dragon Mafia.

 

I just heard my Mom and Eunjung unnie's Dad talking about it and it does sounds cool so I go around telling people that I am.

 

I don't even understand why they're acting weird about this.

 

Well, it's true that I'm not really Eunjung unnie's sister and my Mom was not really her Mom.

 

Mom told me that we have to pretend and help officer Ham.

 

Officer Ham save my Mom's life so my Mom couldn't say no to it and to be honest I kinda like the idea when I saw Eunjung unnie's picture.

 

Just that, I wasn't expecting that Park Jiyeon was her girlfriend.

 

That girl is always on my way. Tss.

 

Mom put a fake dragon mark on my chest because she said that I need this to make Eunjung unnie believe that I'm her sister.

 

And based on what I've heard from them it's the mark of the Dragon Mafia heiress.

 

"You're the Dragon Mafia heiress. Where are your guards? There should be an elite assassin escorting you somehow. Look at Gyuri. She always have those two freaks following her" Hyomin unnie said.

 

Assassins?

 

And Gyuri?

 

Is that the scary girl on the canteen?

 

"Seems like you don't know Gyuri either. Park Gyuri is the heiress of the Wild Beast Mafia and temporarily the mafia boss while her father was not around." Soyeon unnie explained.

 

"How do you know so much about the mafias Soyeon-ah?" Hyomin unnie impatiently ask her.

 

"Our family works for the Eagle Mafia. I told you I'll explain things but not right now Park Hyomin!" Soyeon unnie said.

 

There's a Wild Beast Mafia and now there's an Eagle Mafia?

 

What are those things?

 

"So, what kind of training you're doing to prepare?" Boram unnie ask.

 

"Training?" I ask.

 

"Yeah, training for the battle. Hasn't anyone told you that only one of the three heiresses will rule?" Boram unnie said.

 

"Does that mean t-the...the two other heiress have to d-d-die?" I ask hoping that it's not what she mean.

 

But she nodded.

 

WHAT THE HELL?!!!

 

"I'm leaving" I said and stand up.

 

"Yah. You can't. Eunjung said that you have to wait for her" They tried to stop me.

 

"I need to go home and meet Mom. Please tell unnie that I'll meet her later" I said and leave them

 

Damn!

 

What kind of mess I put myself into?!!

 

What is my Mom actually thinking?!

 

Why did she let us get involve with this kind of situation?!

 

I don't wanna die!!

 

I drive straight home as fast as I can.

 

"Mom?! Mom?!"

 

Silence greeted me when I get in the house.

 

Mom is not there and so does everyone else.

 

"Ahjumma?!" I call for our maids and driver but nobody respond to my call.

 

Where are the people in this house?

 

I go upstairs to check if they're there but to my horror I only saw mess everywhere.

 

It's like a cyclone hits every room up in here.

 

Where is Mom?

 

"Mom?! Mom?!" I call her again.

 

Where are you?!

 

I get my phone and tried to call her but I could hear her phone ringing from her room.

 

"Calm down Yoona. Calm down" I said to myself and took a deep breathe.

 

I dialed Officer Ham's number but unfortunately he's not picking up my call too.

 

I think I'll just go to the police station and talk to him personally.

 

He need to get me and Mom out of this mess!!

 

"I wasn't expecting to see you here"

 

I got startled to see a girl holding a katana and giving me a creepy smile.

 

I gulp.

 

"W-what d-do you want?" I ask

 

Somebody help me!

 

"Show me what you got Dragon Heiress" She said and draw her Katana.

 

"My katana wants your blood dripping on it" She said and run towards me.

 

"HEEEELLPP!!!"

 

QRI'S POV

"Tell me...Is Jiyeon part of the Dragon Mafia?" Hyeri ask.

 

I could sense that Areum became uncomfortable because of the question.

 

"No....Jiyeon doesn't know a thing about the mafias. Her Mom hides it from her and now we're still trying to protect Yoona from a distance" I said.

 

I know that is a lie but we need to protect Jiyeon.

 

That is our top priority.

 

"I see." Hyeri said.

 

"What does Gyuri wants from Jiyeon?" Areum ask.

 

"She didn't tell me exactly but I'm sure that she'll use Jiyeon against Eunjung." She said.

 

"So are you saying that Jiyeon should stay away from Eunjung?" I ask.

 

"Could be but it's too late now. There's nothing we can do that would change Gyuri's order" She said

 

 

"Then, let there be war. I will give my life to protect Jiyeon" Areum said.

 

"I love the spirit Areumie but I had a better plan. I won't let you be a hero in Jiyeon's eyes" Hyeri said teasing Areum.

 

As if Jiyeon will choose between the two of them.

 

It's as clear as crystal who will Jiyeon choose.

 

"Tss. What's your plan?" Areum ask.

 

"Let me take Jiyeon for just like what Gyuri said. I promise I will protect her and never let her get hurt" Hyeri said.

 

"That sounds like a nice plan but I don't think Jiyeon would agree with it" I said

 

"She doesn't need to know" Hyeri said.

 

**sigh**

 

"We'll think about it" I said.

 

"Sure but think faster. Time is running and remember that you still need to save your parents." Hyeri said and she left us..

 

"What the hell was that unnie?! You told her that we are protecting Yoona and then, it seems like you also want to agree with her plan! Unnie Jiyeon said that we can't make decisions on this without consulting her. She's going to kill is if she found out that we disobeyed her" Areum said.

 

"It doesn't matter. Her safety is our top priority Areum-ah" I said.

 

Then, we left the restaurant.

 

"I still don't think that not letting Jiyeon know about this is a good idea" Areum complains.

 

"Stop complaining. Why don't you just drive coz my hand hurts a little" I said handed her the keys then, get in the car.

 

 

"Where are we going?" She ask as she get in the driver seat

 

 

"To the dragon hideout" I said.

 

"Hideout? What are we going to do in there?" She ask.

 

"I'm not sure but I heard that other members of the mafia are going to meet today. Now that our parents were not around only you and me knows who really is the Dragon Heiress. We must know what the other members are up to now" I said

 

"And that doesn't sound like a good news" She said

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter