Chapter 35

Against All The Odds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

QRI'S POV

I woke up feeling light headed.

 

My eyes is quite adjusting with the light

 

Where am I?

 

"Ahjumma?...Hang on. I'll call the doctor!"

 

Is that Jiyeon?

 

Doctor?

 

I tried to get up but felt a little pain on my side so I failed.

 

That I time I also notice that I'm here in the hospital.

 

"Yah! Ahjumma! Stay still and don't get up!" Jiyeon yelled at me.

 

Tsk.

 

This kid won't stop calling me ahjumma.

 

The doctor came to check me.

 

Jiyeon was just staring at me and looking at her right now I could easily say that something is wrong.

 

But I wonder what happen.

 

Where is Hyomin?

 

I do remember that I am with Hyomin before I passed out.

 

The doctor talks to Jiyeon and left.

 

"So?" I ask.

 

"Doctor said you need to stay here for a while" She said.

 

"Not that one" I said.

 

"Huh? Then, what do you mean?" She asks.

 

"Kiddo. I know you and I know there's something you wanted to say" I said.

 

"There's something I wanted to say? There's something I'm not telling you but that doesn't mean I wanted to tell you" She said.

 

"Tsk...Ok" I said.

 

"Ok fine. They know now that you are an assassin and also Areum" She said.

 

"WHA-...ouch!!" I groan in pain when I forget about my wound and suddenly get up because of what she just said.

 

"Yah pabo!!" Jiyeon yelled at me again.

 

Tsk.

 

"What had gotten into your mind? How could you let them shoot you?! That woman with no name...Do you even know who is she?!" She help me lie down properly again and started yelling at me.

 

"First of all kiddo. I didn't let them shoot me. I was outnumbered...And I have no idea who is that woman but she wants to be the mafia boss...and why did you tell them who we really are?" I ask.

 

I was trying to hide her identity as much as possible but she just simply reveal it to everyone!

 

"I had no choice. Soyeon, Boram, Hyomin and Eunjung were waiting for an answer. Hyomin saw you in the hideout. It's your fault for being careless...and besides they didn't know my real identity. All they know now is that you and Areum were assassins" She explained

 

"Soyeon?...Soyeon is here too? “I ask.

 

"Yah Ahjumma. Are you still in love with Soyeon unnie? I think she and Boram unnie is kinda dating now. It's too late for you. Just be with nerdy Hyomin. I think she really likes you." Jiyeon said.

 

"There will never be Hyomin and me." I said.

 

"Eh? Why not?" Jiyeon ask

 

"Too much complications. She's an Eagle and I'm a dragon. She's Soyeon's sister and Soyeon is my ex. I break Soyeon's heart so she will never want me for her sister and...." I said and paused.

 

"And what?" Jiyeon ask.

 

"...I killed their parents" I said.

 

Jiyeon's eyes widen.

 

"W-what you mean?...Your last target was their parents?" Jiyeon ask which kinda surprise me.

 

I never told anyone about it before.

 

How did she know that?

 

"How come you know about it?" I ask.

 

"Hmmm....I did follow you that night?" She said.

 

"What? And why did you do that?!" I said.

 

It's dangerous.

 

This kid is really sneaky!

 

"Well, it wasn't intentional though and I just sneak outside the house that night because Mom was not home. I thought you will meet up with Yuri that night" She said.

 

"Yuri?" I curiously ask.

 

"Yeah. Yuri was just a few meters away from your spot that night" Jiyeon said.

 

So Yuri did saw it happen?

 

Could it be that she's also after them that night?!

 

"Did you notice anything suspicious about her?" I ask.

 

"Like what kind of being suspicious? Yuri is our enemy. She's always suspicious for me" She said.

 

"Suspicious like she's up to something like sabotaging my mission or something" I said.

 

"Hmm. I'm not sure coz it's quite far but I think I saw her holding something shiny. Like a rifle" She said.

 

Could it possibly that I missed a shot that time and it was Yuri who killed them?

 

My current condition is not helping me to think properly at all

 

"Qri-ah" Jiyeon said.

 

"Wae?" I curiously ask

 

Jiyeon was kinda hesitating to say something again.

 

"I wanted to confess everything to Eunjung" She said.

 

I knew we will come to this part.

 

"Jiyeon-ah. I wanted to protect you not because it was my job to protect you but because you are like a sister to me. I'm sorry but it's not the right time to confess and I think it'll be better if we will stay away from them." I said.

 

She frown at me.

 

"What do you mean?" She ask.

 

"You have to break up with Eunjung" I said

 

"What?! No!...Qri-ah Eunjung and I could work together and defeat Gyuri!" She insisted.

 

"Listen to me Jiyeon. It's true that you could work together but do you think it's that simple? The Eagle have a hidden army just like us. They're just waiting for their heiress to lead them. If Eunjung and you work together she can't control her army....she will be against her army. And me? I'm always on your side including Areum and our parents but the rest of the mafia will be against us and that woman with no name will completely steal your throne" I explained though my wound is a bit hurting.

 

"So you are suggesting that we should keep running away?" She ask..

 

I could feel that she's controlling her anger

 

"No we won't. We will fight on our way and let them do it on their way. Jiyeon-ah, out priority right now was to save our parents and Areum so cut your connections with the Eagle Mafia" I said and she pouts.

 

"But Eunjung and I were sisters. How can I cut our connections?" She said.

 

"Jiyeon we will let Gyuri think that Yoona was really the heiress. You need to break up with Eunjung so that Gyuri will not bother you anymore. Please listen to me this once" I said and groan a little.

 

"Are you ok?" She worriedly asks.

 

"Yeah. I'm fine. Please listen to me Jiyeon. If Eunjung and you were really meant for each other you will be no matter what happen...and if you didn't break up with her I'm afraid that I might continue what your Mom wants after we get married" I said.

 

She sighed.

 

"But what do you mean? What Mom wants?" She curiously ask.

 

"You don't need to know what it is for now." I said

 

I don't want to do that but it’s for her own good.

 

Good thing that she wasn't able to ask about it again because Eunjung and Hyomin arrive.

 

I notice Hyomin was just looking at me while Eunjung immediately approached Jiyeon.

 

I hope Jiyeon would listen to me this time.

 

"Nerdy Hyomin. Please watch over Ahjumma for a while alright?" Jiyeon said to Hyomin and leave with Eunjung.

 

Hyomin rolled her eyes on her before the two left.

 

It feels a little awkward to be around her now.

 

"How are you feeling now?" She ask.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter