Chapter 5

Against All The Odds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BORAM'S POV

Eunjung didn't come here in my condo last night.

 

I wonder what happen to that kid but I hope she's fine.

 

Now, Hyomin and I were having our breakfast.

 

She slept here last night and I had a hard time with the smell of her cigarette's smoke.

 

She said she doesn't want to meet her sister and that smoking could make her calm down.

 

This kid better stop smoking really.

 

I had no other plans today but she have to go to school.

 

Then, I remember what she said last night.

 

"Hey, who's this Lee uhm what's her name again? ?" I ask.

 

 

"Lee Qri. My sister's ex-girlfriend" She replied.

 

"You're sister's ex? I thought you hate your sister but now you wanna get back on her ex? It doesn't make sense Hyo" I said and drink my coffee.

 

 

"I'm not only going to get back on her ex...I'm doing this for my parents not for my sister. My sister still loves her ex obviously so I'm gonna use her ex-girlfriend to hurt her. I'll make her ex-girlfriend fall and then dumped her." She said and smirked.

 

Seems like she hate her sister a lot.

 

But I remember that she used to look up to her sister a lot.

 

I could get the logic why Hyomin suddenly become like this.

 

She hates her sister for leaving her and she blames her sister and her sister's ex for the death of her parents.

 

"Fine. I'll see what I can do to help you find those information you want to know about this girl but Hyomin, are sure about this? Love isn't a game like the fights we've been to. “I said.

 

"Love? Who says love is involve in this? All I know is that I hate them both" She said.

 

I sighed.

 

"Very well then." I just said.

 

It seems like she already made up her mind.

 

Now, I've got something to do.

 

"Thanks but did Eunjung at least call?" She ask.

 

"Nope. Never heard of her after that incident last night but like you said last night. We don't really have to worry about her." I said.

 

"Right" She said and continue eating breakfast.

 

After breakfast Hyomin already left while I'm left here alone in my condo.

 

I get my phone and make a phone call.

 

Not to one of my girlfriends coz I broke up with all of them last night.

 

I get bored with all of them coz they're just the same. Heol.

 

Here's secret, I wanted them to be labeled as my girlfriend but I never want to do anything with them.

 

Meeting them once is enough for me.

 

I never been into a serious relationship. It would be pretty boring if I'd be into that.

 

Anyway back to the phone call...

 

"Hello Ms. Jeon" He pick up.

 

He's my private investigator friend. He's good at searching people.

 

The fastest one I ever known.

 

"I want you to investigate someone" I said and get my notebook coz I might forgot the girl's name.

 

I haven't seen her yet

 

"Lee Qri. Her name is Lee Qri. I want to know everything about her" I said.

 

"Yes, Ms. Jeon" He said and I hang up.

 

I go back to my room and lie on my bed since I've got nothing else to do today.

 

I close my eyes for few minutes.

 

**doorbell rings**

 

Hmm?

 

Who could that be?

 

If it's Hyomin or Eunjung they would just get in and there's no need to rang my doorbell.

 

I lazily get up and check who's there.

 

Huh?

 

It's the annoying girl yesterday at my filthy rich Dad's company.

 

The one who throws crumpled paper right on my face.

 

What is she doing in here?

 

Is she really my stalker?

 

I headed towards the door and open it.

 

"You?!" She said in shock.

 

"Yeah. Me. Are you really my stalker? What are you doing here?" I ask and she frowns at me.

 

"Stupid! Are you Jeon Boram?" She ask.

 

"Yeah. The one and only. Are you going to ask me out on a date? I don't date cute girls but I could take you into consideration. I could put you on my Monday schedule" I said and smile at her but then she irritably handed me an envelope.

 

"I have no idea what the hell are you talking about Ms. Jeon. Your father wants you to have that...and I'm sorry coz you're not my type and I will never ever dream of dating someone like you!" She said and walk away leaving me.

 

Tss. I'm not her type?

 

And she said she never ever wanted to date?

 

Did she just said those to me?

 

It sounds like a challenge to me.

 

What's that girl's name again?

 

One of these days I'll prove you wrong.

 

QRI'S POV

Jiyeon and I just got to their house after my driver came to fetch us up.

 

I heard my Mom is here too and we pretty sure need to explain things to them.

 

But Jiyeon seems to be deep in her thoughts since we left that place.

 

I wonder why is she acting that way.

 

She doesn't seem nervous at all in meeting our parents.

 

"Are you ok?" I ask.

 

"Huh?...Yeah" she said.

 

"But obviously not" I said.

 

"Qri I met someone last night and found her really cool" She said and I notice that her cheeks turn red.

 

Is she in love with someone that she just met last night?

 

"Look Jiyeon. If you are in love make sure that our parents won't notice that ok? Or we'll never be able to achieve your so called brilliant plan. It may seem hopeless but I'm still actually hoping that we could somehow escape this mess" I said.

 

"Ok. But I'm not in love. Duh. Where did you even get that? I just said I met this really cool girl. She walks with her eyes close. That's awesome" She said.

 

Walks with her eyes close?

 

How is that awesome?

 

"Now that is what you call in denial and I have no opinion about walking with your eyes close. C'mon let's meet our parents first" I said and pull her inside their house.

 

I feel little sleepy now but we still need to face our parents.

 

As expected, my Mom is here with Jiyeon's Mom.

 

And this doesn't look good coz both of them could think of a worst idea more than you could ever imagine like setting us up into this wedding.

 

"We're home" Jiyeon said.

 

I didn't let go of Jiyeon's hand because we're in front of them.

 

I guess it's always been a must that both of us should act sweet when our parents are around.

 

"Good thing that you two are home now. Have a sit" Aunt Park calmly said

 

Jiyeon and I look at each other.

 

Now that's something weird.

 

She's supposed to be mad right now for us not picking up their calls and for not coming home.

 

This isn't normal.

 

Jiyeon and I just take a sit and waited for our parents to speak.

 

"So we both decided that the two of you should start living in your own house now together" Mom immediately announces.

 

Jiyeon smile and hug me out of happiness.

 

This kid.

 

Seems like her brilliant plan is much easier achieved now.

 

That saves us a lot of talking.

 

Normally this would be a bad news but since it is our plan, it's not that bad after all.

 

"Can we choose where to live?" I ask coz it's what Jiyeon wants.

 

"Sure you could. But your Mom and I have to agree with it." Aunt Park said and I just nod.

 

"I know a place where we could stay but Jiyeon have to transfer school. That place is much closer to my office and it'll be better" I said.

 

I took the chance of telling them what Jiyeon wants than letting Jiyeon speak and blow everything away.

 

Anyway, I'm glad that our parents didn't ask about what happen last night.

 

Coz my mind is really not working well because I feel sleepy.

 

Maybe because they already knew that Jiyeon and I were together that's enough for them to feel relieved.

 

So now, Jiyeon have to skip her class again to take care of her papers for transferring in new her new school and I have to accompany her again.

 

Heol.

 

We could ask someone to do it but that's what her Mom wants.

 

I still have work to do and I'm really sleepy.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter