Chapter 25

Against All The Odds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

QRI'S POV

Hyeri is an enemy and I know she could betray us anytime.

 

I'm very aware of that but still I trusted her to watch over Jiyeon because I know that she would never let Jiyeon get hurt.

 

And as long as she doesn't know that Jiyeon was the real dragon heiress the risk was a little low.

 

I'm here right now at the hideout.

 

I'm going to look for updates about their stupid plan of hunting down the eagle heiress

 

They're supposed to be focusing on how to defeat Gyuri!

 

"Qri-ah. I'm glad you came" A woman greeted me.

 

This is not the first time I saw her and this not the first time we talk to each other but still I don’t know what's her name.

 

She refused to be called with any name.

 

Like what the heck it that?

 

"I heard plan. What's the progress?" I ask.

 

"Right now we already discover who's the eagle heiress. She's a normal kid going to this school. It'll be easy for us to assassinate her" She said and handed me a picture.

 

Damn. They're fast

 

"I guess you shouldn't underestimate her. I've heard that this kid was a gangster and she and her friends once defeated Gyuri in an underground fight." I said.

 

"Gyuri? Defeated by those gangsters who didn't even received a mafia training? I don't think so. There could be a logical explanation to that. Something like they just let them win" She said.

 

Tss.

 

I have no time to argue with her.

 

"I'm trying to say that this completely a waste of time.  We should focus on saving Mrs. Park and the others." I said trying to convince them.

 

"Trying to save them is risking our assassins' lives" She said.

 

What?!

 

"Are you trying to tell me that we should let them all die in there?!" I ask.

 

I can't help not to raise my voice.

 

This is annoying!

 

"No. Mrs. Park and your parents were born to serve the mafia like you and me. Everything we do will be for the sake of the mafia and saving them is a suicide! We can't afford to lose everyone or the wild beast mafia will completely immobilized us like the eagle mafia! And all of us will end up running away!" She said.

 

That's still absurd for me.

 

"The heiress will never agree to this idea" I said.

 

"The heiress got no choice. She's weak and she needs us to protect her" She said.

 

Huh?

 

"What do you mean?" I curiously ask.

 

"Im Yoona is the dragon heiress and was raised to have a normal life" She said.

 

Yoona??

 

"Yoona was not the heiress!" I said.

 

I didn't mean to say that because they might suspect that I know who the real heiress is but I have to do something about this.

 

If Jiyeon finds out about this she will get really mad.

 

And not just that...

 

Yoona is Jiyeon's rival to some things but she doesn't know a single thing about the mafia world.

 

"How can you say that? Do you perhaps know who the real heiress is?" She asks suspiciously.

 

"No. My one once told me before that our heiress was really strong. She can't be Yoona coz like what you said, the kid is weak." I said.

 

"Yes, your Mom could be right about that and also there's a huge possibility that Yoona was just hiding her through potential. I had the kid under investigation and confirmed things...now it's up to whether an elite assassin like you would help us or continue your plan to risk your life just to save the others" She said and leave

 

I hate the guts of that woman!

 

And I don't really get Yoona!

 

She's too weak but why the heck did she got herself into this?!

 

AREUM'S POV

DAMN IT!

 

"Areum, sweetheart. Please stop walking back and forth. " Mom said to me.

 

 

Last thing that I remember was I'm talking to Suzy and then something hard hit my head....

 

 

Then, I woke up inside this cell with my parents and the others.

 

 

Also Mr. Ham and a woman that I haven't seen before.

 

 

And Mrs. Han's family.

 

 

The Eagle Mafia only Soyeon Boram and Hyomin to Eunjung's assassin.

 

 

"We can't just sit here and do nothing Mom! We need to do something! Do you think the mafia will ever waste their time saving us?!....They won't. We have to escape and help Jiyeon and Qri unnie! We need to hurry or all of will die in here." I said to them.

 

 

I feel annoyed that they're doing nothing!

 

 

"We wanted to but how can we escape. We need at least one of us to be outside this cell for us to escape" Mrs. Park said.

 

 

Hmm.

 

 

At least one...hmm.

 

 

Maybe we could...

 

 

Lee Hyeri could help us but I need to talk to her.

 

 

How am I supposed to talk to her?

 

 

I look around and notice that Mr. Ham and the woman that I never met before is just sitting quietly on the corner.

 

 

There's something I'm dying to know..

 

 

"Officer Ham.....Can I ask you something?" I said and he look at me.

 

 

"How come did Im Yoona become Eunjung's sister and your daughter?" I ask which made him surprised.

 

 

"You hired someone to pretend to be Jiyeon and me?! You lied to Eunjung?!" Mrs. Park said angrily while Mr. Park was trying to calm her down.

 

 

Oh now I get it.

 

 

"Look what kind of mess this world is?! I don't want my daughter to be a part of this world!" Mr. Ham said.

 

 

"It's clever move to make Eunjung forgive you officer but what about Yoona? Don't you know that she unknowingly put herself in danger by telling everyone that she's the dragon heiress? Now the wild beast mafia is after her too" I said slightly mocking him.

 

 

I just feel annoyed that Jiyeon suffered because of that.

 

 

The woman beside her suddenly got worried.

 

 

Hmm.

 

 

Now I think she's Yoona's Mom.

 

 

"On the second thought, it ain't a clever choice after all, you just put two innocent lives on the death row." I said.

 

 

**sigh**

 

 

Now, I need to find a way on how I could talk to Hyeri.

 

 

HYOMIN'S POV

I came to school with Eunjung and Yoona.

 

 

My sister was still with Boram right now even though I don't like it I have no choice.

 

 

Mrs. Han was kidnapped too and I also couldn't let her be alone.

 

 

It's extremely dangerous.

 

 

About Eunjung being the Eagle heiress, we decided not to let her know because it looks like she still has a huge problem with her sister and her girlfriend.

 

 

Her sister was the heiress of the dragon mafia and the one who killed my parents was one of her assassins.

 

 

But I don't hate Yoona.

 

 

I know she's innocent so I'm going to look for that someone and make sure that she will suffer the same fate as my parents.

 

 

"Hyomin-ah. We're here"

 

 

I snap back when Eunjung called my name.

 

 

And we're really here at school now.

 

 

We used Yoona's car and it's the first time that I didn't bring my motorbike with me to school.

 

 

And right now I'm kinda wishing that I did.

 

 

Tsk.

 

 

I get out of the car and saw Jiyeon.

 

 

She's with a girl.

 

 

A weird dresser nerd girl.

 

 

She's so....colorful.

 

 

Anyway, the two of them didn't notice us so they headed to the building.

 

 

"Let's go" I said but when I look at Eunjung she was frowning at them.

 

 

I also saw her clenching her fist.

 

 

"Do you know that rainbow nerd girl who's with your girlfriend?" I ask but Eunjung just put her hands on her pockets and start walking.

 

 

"Wow. Great conversation. Let's go Yoona" I said and we headed to our classroom too.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter