The Play

All That Matters.. is you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You and Jiyong seem to be busy practicing the songs and the lines. By the blink of an eye, it was already a week before the play.

 

“Time passes so fast. I don’t think that I’ve done much studying like I’m supposed to. What if I fail and get retained?” you sighed out loudly.

 

Jiyong chuckles and patted your head. “You paid attention in class. I don’t think you would fail. The one who should be panicking is me. What if I fail? The old man will surely kill me.”

 

“I guess you’re right about that.” You giggled, earning tickles from him.

 

From afar, Dara was watching with envy and jealousy. If she could, her eyes would have burnt a hole right through you right then.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Alright kids!” Mr Kim clapped his hands to get attention from everyone. “There’s only a week to the play and you guys must be having butterflies in your stomach. So, we’ll practice the whole play every day after school okay? We have to make it perfect!”

 

“Neh!!” everyone complied with him.

 

The first few days of the week were alright. It was still awkward to be around Jiyong like that. You made a few small mistakes here and there but you managed to get through. Jiyong was perfectly playing out his role as the guy who is willing to sacrifice anything for his love. Charming.

 

The ending when the two of you hugged before getting the ‘cut’ from Mr Kim still made you feel jittery.

 

“Doing well there. Don’t forget to express your emotions more. Think about Jiyong being the guy you love alright?” Mr Kim patted your shoulder.

 

*Yeah.. the guy I love..* you thought to yourself.

 

“Let’s wrap it up for today!” he announced to the whole crew and actors.

 

“Mr Kim.. why don’t you buy for us dinner tonight?” Jiyong smiled at him.

 

“Sure. But only for the two of you.” He pointed out.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Jiyong ‘forced’ Mr Kim to buy them dinner at a five-star restaurant.

 

“This was a bad idea..” he facepalmed as they entered the restaurant.

 

The three of you were eating and chatting happily with each other.

 

“I hope I wouldn’t regret having the two of you be my leading roles.” He said in between his bites. “ I wouldn’t want you to suddenly disappear that day and I don’t want you to freak out on stage.” He pointed to Jiyong, then you with his fork.

 

“Don’t worry Mr Kim. We will do fine.. See? Don’t we suit each other?”

 

Jiyong wrapped an arm around your neck and brought you closer to him. You chocked on your food as he smiled cheekily. You could have sworn that your face were burning bright red.

 

“Water.” Mr Kim handed a glass to you.

 

“Really Jiyong.” Mr Kim shook his head. “But I didn’t think that the two of you would match each other. Seeing it now, I guess you could say that you two might as well be a couple.”

 

This made Jiyong spat out his drink right into Mr Kim’s face.

 

“Sorry. I was a bit taken aback.” Jiyong helped Mr Kim to wipe his face.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

The day before the play. You were given permission to skip the lessons on Friday just to practice the play perfectly with all the props and everything. Well, except for you and Jiyong’s outfits that will only come tomorrow, the day itself.

 

“I gave the tickets to them.” Jiyong said at the backstage.

 

“What?” you furrowed your eyes.

 

“I said, I invited them to come and watch us tomorrow.”

 

“Why did you do that? I didn’t want them to come.” You whined at Jiyong.

 

“Hey, they’re coming to support us. You know how embarrassing it was for me to hand the tickets over to the old man? He even laughed at me, when I said that I’m in the play.”

 

“Yeah.. you don’t seem like a theatre guy at all.” You snickered.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter