Taking the Lead Role

All That Matters.. is you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Okay, this is just plain crazy. First of all, I went to the audition. I didn’t prepare anything at all. I didn’t feel the need to because I want to fail the audition and still get my dinner treat from Mr Kim (my literature teacher) ‘cause I did turn up for the audition right?

 

But!

 

As soon as I entered the room, he announced to me that I got a pass. Stupid. Is he playing bias here?  And the thought of getting out of this thing… RUINED.

 

“Those who were chosen for the winter play, please gather at the auditorium after school today.” The voice of my literature teacher boomed through the P.A system the next week.

 

Sighing through my book, I got up and dragged myself towards the auditorium. I was not looking forward to it but I guess I had this kind of excitement to see who are those included in the play.

 

“Eunhye, come up here!” He called me out to the stage.

 

As I blend into the crowd, I glanced around. Seems like there weren’t really anyone I knew. It would be awkward to do this ‘project’ thing with them.

 

“Today, go through the scripts I’ll be handing out. I have made a careful decision ; thought about thoroughly of the roles that I think would suit the individual.”

 

I was hoping for a minor role. The least work to do. Maybe someone who walked passes the stage once and I’m done with my role.

 

As soon as I received my script, I stared at the tittle ; Yours truly. And it came to my attention to the role I was given, printed below the tittle, making me read it over and over again. Female Leading Role – Kang Eunhye. That was it. I scanned through the script. What? Singing? He didn’t say anything about it! What is this? A musical? What the hell is running in that head of his.

 

While everyone was busy reading up their scripts and get into their characters, I carefully walked over to Mr Kim. “Teach’, don’t you feel guilty that you had me pass the audition without me doing anything but showing up there?” I whispered to him, making a worried tone in my voice. “Wouldn’t it be a bother if I were to screw this up? And even sing while I’m acting? Won’t you regret if I can’t sing? There are other people you could pick. Of all people, why me with the lead role!?”

 

Mr Kim pushed his glasses up. “First of all, I’ve heard you sing a few times before and I thought it was quite good.

 

It made me gasp. Someone heard me sing? But when? And where?

 

“Sometimes I walk pass the music room and heard you singing with the music being played and you could act too.. I’m your literature teacher.” He rolled his eyes.

 

I gave him the WTF look and he just shrugged saying, “Hey, the room of the drama club is just next door.”

 

Okay, it made myself a mental note not to sing anywhere except for my bathroom. I thought I at singing but if he says so.. *shrugs shoulders inwardly* Maybe the others at singing more than I do.

 

“So.. who’s the lead male?” I curiously asked. If he’s the lead, he must be good at singing and acting all at the same time and he would most likely be from the choir or the drama club.

 

“I left it aside. I’m still pondering on the perfect student for that role. There’s a few and I’ve gotten my eyes on one of them.. but I have to do some auditioning again and pick the best.”

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“How was school today? Anything new?” My mother asked from the kitchen.

 

“Nothing at all.” I replied, making my way up to my room.

 

I kept the news from my parents. My mother would be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter