PRECIOUS MEMORIES

IF THAT IS OUR FATES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

SPRING had appeared and a lot of beautiful flowers blossomed, spreading their seeds in the air and Nichkhun walked out from GrandMa Ling's house, leaving his mother with Auntie Mei Xia alone inside there. He was searching for someone, went to the backyard and there, he saw Song Qian was sobbing, hugging her knees to hide her crying face. Nichkhun quietly approached her and still didn't realize at his presence although he was standing in front her for a while. Why she was upset? His sight caught the roses that blossomed beautifully beside him, lip curved a smile when got the idea how to comfort her. She liked flower and he went there, wanted to pluck a stalk of rose but unfortunately, he unconsciously touched its torn and making his finger bled.

     “Ouch!” he let out small scream, surprising Song Qian and immediately raised her head, saw Nichkhun was the blood on his finger.

     “Oppa, what are you doing?” she ran toward him, still sobbing and Nichkhun only smiled when she grabbed his hand to take a look. He stared at her wet face, wiping her tears before he showed a stalk of rose in front her.

     “Because you're crying, I pluck this flower to give to you. Do you like it?” 6 year-old Song Qian gradually stopped crying, looked deep into his eyes and he was smiling at her. Then, she moved closer to those flowers, leaving Nichkhun in bewilderment.

     “Chinggu-ah, please forgive my Oppa because he plucked you without your permission and Oppa, you should ask for permission before you can do so,” she wiping the tears with a stalk of rose in her hand, making Nichkhun chuckled watched how funny and cute she was when she talked to those flowers.

     “I'm sorry, okay. Now, tell me what make you so upset today,” he wrapped his arm around her small shoulder, looked downward on her wet face because of her short body as his fingers brushed away her tears.

     “Mom and Dad don't want play with me anymore. They are busy chatting with your parents and I want to play the swing but...” she cried again but only for a while. Nichkhun tightened his arm around her shoulder, waiting her to continue her words.

     “But what?”

     “My legs are short, so I can't swing it. Usually Mom will pushes me from behind,” she sobbed beside him but different with Nichkhun, he tried his best to hold his laugh listened to her words just now but he failed at last, laughed as much as possible until his stomach hurt.

     “Oppa!” she yelled in sulky, embarrassed when he seemed short body. Nichkhun wiped the tears at the edge his eyes, watched she pouted as she was wiping tears on her face.

     “Yah, are you stupid? You can call me and I'll push you from behind,” he hit her head gentle, earning the small scream from her and she yelped in surprised when suddenly, he lifted her small body and placed her on the tree swing.

     “Hold the rope tightly because I'll push you with all my energy,” from sad face, her lip automatically curved a big smile watched he took the place behind her, laughed happily once his hands pushed gently her back and making the swing started to move back and forth. Under big shady tree, two kids were sharing the happiness together and Nichkhun couldn't stop smiling listened to her happy laugh. Mrs.Vera and Mei Xia went to backyard after hearing their laughing, exchanged the blissful smiles watched how closed their kids were. After that, Mrs.Vera called both of them to take the picture and they suddenly became excited, stood next each other in front the tree swing and Song Qian held a stalk of rose he gave her just now.

     “Okay kids, ready? 1,2..” Nichkhun moved closer to her and when Mrs.Vera was about to press the capture button, he quickly landed a kiss on her soft cheek, making her surprised at his sudden kiss. Mrs.Vera and Mei Xia only watched Song Qian chased Nichkhun from behind and at that moment, they made the promised to marry them after they grew up. Both of them felt that their kids were meant toward each other, would become the sweet married couple and lived happily ever after.

 

NICHKHUN walked back and forth in front of Mrs.Vera's study room and his face showed he was facing a huge trouble, sometimes bitting his nails and when he wanted to knock the door, his courage would went away. Should he asked her about the things that bothered him since this afternoon or just ignored and forgot about it? It was about his past, the past which made him eagerly wanted to know after his memories about Song Qian gradually appeared again although he was only remembered not too much about them. Suddenly the door was opened from inside, making he almost jumped in surprised saw Mrs.Vera's face appeared behind the door.

     “Why you keep standing in front my room? Just come in if you want to meet me,” Nichkhun lost his words, speechless and amazed at the same time when Mrs.Vera knew he was here to meet her. Actually she knew he was outside her room because the shadow of people walked back and forth in front her room which could be seen through the small space between the door and floor distracted her.

     “I remembered about her,” he said straight forward, making Mrs.Vera turned her body backward and looked at himm disbelief. Was he refered to Song Qian or someone else?

     “Qian..I remembered but it just little,” the reason why he was here, he wanted to know about his past with Song Qian, how closed they were and the most thing he curious about, why Song Qian also didn't remember about him? Mrs.Vera asked him to have a seat before she moved to her table and took out something from drawer. It was the collection of photo album where Nichkhun would find the answer for his dubiety and once it was in his hand, he immediately turned the front cover without wasting time.

     “I've waited you for ages until you come to me and ask about her by yourself,” Mrs.Vera watched her son's face, knew he must be surprised after found out there were a lot of memories between him and his wife and this was the moment she had waited for. Finally, he made an effort to know better about his wife. Nichkhun looked at those picture inside the album without blinked the eyes, tried to remember and those memories returned little by little. Then, his eyes focused on the picture of couple with a little girl stood between them and looking at how happy they were, he knew they must be Song Qian's parents.

     “What actually happened to them?” he knew she was an orphan but he didn't know how she lost them. Mrs.Vera breathed deeply, found this was the best time to make everything clear for him as she knew he was confused right now.

     “They involved in car accident, all of them, GrandMa Ling, Qian and her parents but only two of them survived in that accident. Their car collided with the truck and it wasn't their fault. The truck driver was drunk at that time,” Nichkhun raised his head when he heard her sobbing, suddenly felt sympathy toward Song Qian after listened to Mrs.Vera's story.

     “The reason why she doesn't remember about us is she lost her memories. She was in coma state and missed the chance to attend her parents' funeral after the accident,” Mrs.Vera wiped the warms tears that streamed down on her cheek, still remembered how sad she was when handled her friend's funeral, didn't stop crying especially when GrandMa Ling sat silently during the ceremony with a lot of bruise and cut on her body.

    “Then, what happened? What about Qian?”

    “She regained conscious a month later but I wasn't there at that moment. I was in United State because of you but what I knew, she didn't remember anything until few weeks later, she started asked about her parents. That what was GrandMa told me,” during the time he was away from Korea and happily enjoyed his new life in United State, he forgot that Song Qian was waiting for his return. Not just only forgetting all his promises toward her, but he also completely erased her from his mind. What else did he forget about her, he didn't have the answer for it now as the memories of them were only little in his head right now.

 

Once there were three bears 
who lived in a cottage 
Papa Bear 
Mama Bear 
Baby Bear 
Papa Bear was chubby and fat 
Mama Bear was slender and tall 
Baby Bear was the cutest one of all 
That's because he was so small 
 

MEI Xia and GrandMa Ling gave Song Qian a round of applause once she finished sang that song, smiled widely looked at her mother who was sitting beside her father at the front seat while GrandMa Ling and her at the passenger seat. It was already night but they just return from camping site, happy after spent 2 days together with family. Jae Soon glanced his daughter from rear-view mirror, felt satisfied knew the fact she was enjoyed their family camping and Mei Xia noticed his satisfaction smile, grabbed and squeezed his right hand firmly.

    “Yah, looks my daughter will grow up as the successful singer,” he said proudly, making she screamed in excitement at behind.

    “No, she will become a gr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter