REUNION

IF THAT IS OUR FATES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

THE red sport car stopped when the traffic light turned to red, followed by the black Mercedes car at the back where Mrs.Vera was inside that car. Behind the sunglass, Nichkhun sneakily glanced at Song Qian who was silently sitting beside him, glancing at her slightly exposed white thighs before he looked at the front. This morning, when she wanted to get into the same car with Mrs.Vera, Mrs.Vera asked her to ride the same car with Nichkhun and she obeyed it just want to her mother-in-law felt happy. Anyway, she did feel thankful to her because offered her a job that beyond her qualification and honestly, she didn't know much about her career field.

     “You know that you're going to be introduced as my cousin, right?” he broke the long silence between them, pressed the accelerator pedal when the light turned to green colour. It was not the suprise thing to her as she had been informed about that by Mrs.Vera and it was the request from Nichkhun to keep their marital status as the secret. Fine, she didn't mind at all because she also didn't want people to recognize her as the wife of the bastard guy beside her.

     “So, you also need to shut your mouth from telling people about our real relationship, understand?” he continued babbled and his words only made her felt annoyed.

     “Hey, I also don't want people know about our marriage because I don't want they all felt sympathy towards me for marrying a guy like you!” Song Qian looked at him with annoying face, pulled her long hair to the left side and gripped it tightly so it wouldn't fly in the air as Nichkhun opened the car roof.

     “What did you say just now?!” he glanced at her and tried to focus on the driving at the same time, felt pissed off at her statement just now. Song Qian didn't know how people worked under him could bear with his bad temper and she yelped in surprise when Nichkhun suddenly increased the speed, made her body threw backward because the effect of the inertia.

     “Yah, are you crazy?! Slow down the car!” she screamed as her hand hit his arm but he ignored her, lip curved a naughty smile and managed to see her face started to turn pale. Mrs.Vera who was inside the black Mercedes car, worried when her son's car disappeared from her sight.

     “Is Khun crazy? Why he drives the car in high speed?” she said anxiously, worried that he put his life in danger when he drove the car in high speed. Correction, not only him but Song Qian's life also in danger.

     “Hey, don't you hear me! Slow down the car!” she continued screaming and when he didn't give any response, she clasped both hands with eyes closed tightly, lip mumbled a pray to God to save her life from the devil beside her. To Nichkhun, he didn't scare at all because he always drove at this speed but today, watching her pale and scare face, something had touched his heart and it did touch the wall of his ego, forcing him to forget about it and slowed down the car. Song Qian opened her eyes when she felt no more air pierced her face, felt that the car moved at normal speed and turned her face to Nichkhun.

     “Thank you,” she said in shaking voice and he totally speechless when that words came out from , slightly glanced at her and surprised watched her body was trembling. Was he too much just now? Song Qian wrapped her arms around the body tightly, tried to forget what had crossed her mind when Nichkhun drove in high speed. She was too afraid if the nightmare 10 years ago happened again if he didn't slow down the car, the nightmare that she wouldn't forget for the rest of her life.

 

NICHKHUN stopped the car exactly in front of the entrance of the company building followed by the black Mercerdes car stopped behind him few minutes later. He grabbed the briefcase at the passenger seat before stepped out from the car but Song Qian still stiffed at her seat, still tried to calm herself before she remove the seat belt on her waist.

     “Remember what I told you just now,” he said without looking at her face, removed the sunglass before he walked toward Mrs.Vera who already stepped out from the car. Then, a middle-age man approached them with a warm smile on his face.

     “Good morning, Madam and Young Master,” Mr. Hong, Mrs.Vera's personal assistant, greeted them with slightly bent his body and looked at the beautiful woman beside Mrs.Vera.

    “And this beautiful lady must be Young Master's wife, am I right, Madam?” both Nichkhun and Song Qian surprised when Mr. Hong mentioned about their relationship, made Nichkhun glanced at his mother exasperately. Didn't she promise him to keep that matter as the secret? Mrs.Vera noticed at his glance, pulled Song Qian closer to her and introduced her to Mr.Hong officially.

     “Don't worry, Khun. This secret is between four of us and by the way Mr.Hong, this is my daughter-in-law, Song Qian,” she proudly introduced Song Qian to him and Song Qian awkwardly held his hand when he offered hand shake.

     “Finally I get the chance to met you. Madam told me a lot about you and surprisingly, you're more beautiful than my imagination,” Song Qian suddenly became blushed at his compliment, thankful him for his praising although she knew there was someone who was having the opposite opinion with Mr.Hong. Nichkhun chuckled sacrastically listened to that compliment before he made the steps into the building, leaving them behind because he had no interest to listen at their conversation at all.

     “Let's go, Qian,” Mrs.Vera said excitedly, pulling Song Qian closed to her and she still tried to balance herself when walked with high heels. Once she stepped into the building, she could sense that many pair of eyes were watching her especially she was walking with the President of Sunshine Company, made her slightly felt uncomfortable but she tried to act as usual.

 

EUN Jung crumpled the paper in front of her before she threw it on the floor, didn't know how many times she did that because a lot of crumple papers scattered on the floor in her office. All her shoes designs didn't satisfy her at all today and suddenly the door was opened from outside, forced her to look at the person who was entering her office without knocked the door. Kyuhyun looked at the crumpled papers on the floor before he gave his sister puzzled look.

     “Hey Sis, what happen to you today?” he approached Eun Jung with anxious look and planted a kiss on her soft cheek once he stood beside her, took a piece of crumple paper and opened it.

     “This design is good, why did you throw it?” then he took a look at other crumple papers, nodded his head and glanced at Eun Jung who was leaning her back against the chair. What was wrong with her designs? They all were good but why she didn't proceed with those shoes designs? The incident in the club two days ago still fresh in her head, made she felt so stress thought Im Nana had returned to Korea. Listening to Eun Jung's heavy sigh, Kyuhyun knew that his sister was having a problem right now.

     “Why sighing? Come on, let me know if you have any problem,”

     “Nothing, I just feel tired in these few days,” a weak smile curved on her lip as she looked at Kyuhyun but unfortunately, she forgot that her brother actually was a lie detector. Kyuhyun chuckled at her words, shook his head watched Eun Jung never changed at all, still liked to hide her problems and bore it alone.

     “Don't lie to me, my dear sister. Tell me honestly, is Im Nana a person that resposible to turn you in this state?” Kyuhyun smiled weakly when Eun Jung's surprise face answered his question. His guess was right, she did feel bothered with Nana's returned and thanks to the people who gave him that information. Eun Jung dropped her face, embarrassed when Kyuhyun could detect she was lying just now. He was right, Im Nana's return mess up her peaceful life and awake the past memories that almost locked well in her memory box.

     “Let me ask you one more question,” he said as his hand took her handbag on the table, put his hand inside it and searched for something.

     “Do you still go there?” although he didn't mention the specific place but she knew what did he mean by looking at a bunch of keys on his palm. Eun Jung gulped her saliva, doubted to be honest with Kyuhyun but she knew that he could detect if she told him a lie.

     “Sometimes,” she said weakly, finally chose to be honest with him. Kyuhyun knew that he had no right to forbide her from go that place and he knew that was her favorite place to go since 3 years ago everytime she felt down. What didn't make him understand, that place only would make the scar in her heart bled again but she still went there, still wanted to cherish those painful memories.

 

“YAH, do you hear about the news that our president bring along her niece today? I heard that she is really beautiful,” Yoseob whispered to Lee Joon who was searching the files in the drawer, watched the big smile on his face when he mentioned about Mrs.Vera's niece. Yoseob told him that Mr.Hong was introducing her to other workers and they might visit the marketing department soon. Why he was so excited to meet that person? Lee Joon shook his head as he continued his job but suddenly he distracted by the noise sound outside that small room, immediately drawed Yoseob's attention to check what was going on outside there.

     “May I have your attention please?” Mr.Hong clapped his hands several times, wanted the workers in Marketing Department gave their attentions for a while. Yoseob immediately ran to the front and nudged Ga Yoon's arm once he was beside her. Most of them mesmerized saw a beautiful lady in red dress beside Mr.Hong, including Yoseob.

     “Today, I want to introduce someone to you and she is Mrs.Vera's niece. Hope you guys can treat her well after this,” Lee Joon could hear Mr.Hong's voice and attracted him to know how Mrs.Vera's niece looked like. Was she beautiful liked what Yoseob told him just now? Lucky, he found the last file that their chief wanted and immediately left the room with several files in his hands.

     “Hello everyone, my name is Song Qian. Nice to meet you guys,” his legs suddenly stopped its movements when the familiar voice greeted his hearing, automatically raised his head and he felt his heart stopped beating watched Song Qian was there. Although that lady looked very stylish with that kind of dress and hairstyle, he still could recognize her and because he was too surprised, the files dropped from his grip and made everyone in there startled.

     “I'm...I'm sorry,” he stammered

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter