64 mm

Him & Chapsticks

Never in my wildest dreams that I dreamt of the hot guy of the college to suddenly get cozy with me. 

 

That only happens in movies and I'm not in a movie. 

 

To be honest, I hate it when, my mind always had a knack of going through the deepest part of my mind and tries to make it into a dream or reality somehow. 

 

Why do I torture myself with non-basis hopes ? 

 

Just why ? 

 

"Hey, darling. How have you been ?" Her voice resonated through my earphones as I walked through the convenience store with a cheeky Min Yoongi tailing me. I sighed as I shoved some dark chocolates into his hands and in return, I had to do the impossible which involves with me doing something about music and Yoongi. 

 

"I'm fine, ma. Anyways, woulditbeokayifIdon'tgohomethissummer? "

 

"What? " both my mom and Min Yoongi said out loud, resulting me, the person in the middle of everything, whinced out of pain. Oh, the agony! 

 

"Sorry!" Both of them chirped again and I had the same reaction as well from before, obviously. 

 

Go figure! 

 

I glared at the latter beside me and he grinned, his gums showing.Without a doubt, it made me smiled and he made me muster the few bits of courage that I still had in myself. 

 

"Would it be okay if, I didn't go home for the summer ?"

 

Then, the situation went dead silent and only her breath could be heard through the receiver. Yoongi left from my side with chocolates in his arms when, he heard the familiar ringing sound coming from the front door. 

 

Few more moments of silence, and finally, she breathed the word 'oh'. At that word, I silently asked forgiveness from her because I hated everytime, I disappointed her. 

 

What hurts my mom will, hurt me. 

 

It hurts me even more if, I was the one to do so. 

 

"Ma,I'm so so sorry... " by then, I was squatting on my legs as I made unknown shapes, drawn to the divider at the shelf. I could hear the almost non-existent sigh that came from the bottom of her heart. 

 

"It's okay, darling. I understand. Just... Take care of yourself, hun.Me and your father is always here, in Daegu for you, "

 

"Thanks mom, for understanding,"with that, I could literally feel the burden on my shoulders was lifted off as we talked even more about our days before, we opted to say our goodbyes as the night became darker. 

 

Swiping the red icon on my phone, signaling the call just now had ended, I skipped to the front part of the store to do my victory dance with Min Yoongi as my heart weighed lighter. 

 

It was a good thing that I didn't do the freaking victory dance or I would've made an idiot of myself.As soon as I reached the counter,there they were,Min Yoongi and Jeon Jungkook talking to each other as,my childhood friend babbled on something while,scanning the items that I gave to him.Seeing the jock standing there in real flesh made me froze like a dummy as my mind went bleak.Then,I remembered the 64 mm of the chapstick tube,he gave me the day before,that apparently was in my jeans right now.

 

There was a twitch at the ends of Jungkook's lips when, he noticed me standing at the front shelves,ignoring the older male who was talking to himself at that time.I walked to the counter with dark eyes following me as shivers ran through my body,hoping I wouldn't have the need to meet eyes with him.I put some bills onto the counter before,I ran out of the store because I felt suffocated by his attention on me. 

 

Even if, I wanted a boy's attention on me. 

 

I would've never wanted Jungkook's. 

 

For some reason, I just don't want to.

 

I twirled the 64 mm of chapstick in my right hand as Min Yoongi,gruntingly walked behind me,up the stairs to our usual hangout place.Apparently,the elevator had broke down and we had to opt to walk up the 5 level floor which,I had to admit was tough.By the time,we reached our hangout,we were a sweating mess and limp limbs as we sat on the floor.

 

We sat in silence while,Yoongi's eyes traveled over my face for a moment and he brought out a mineral bottle to give it to me.I had taken the bottle greedily as he drank his.Noticing that he had finished drinking when,he wiped the excess water from his lips,I mustered the courage to dig out some information.

 

"Is Jeon Jungkook working there ?"there was a smirk plastered on his face when,he heard the words that fell out of my lips.He tilted his head towards the left and I mirrored him,waiting for an answer.Slowly,he nodded his head as his answer and I slumped my back against the wall behind me.Yoongi laughed and I glared in return.Without myself noticing,I had raised my right hand and tore the little skin of my lips (another bad habit of mine),earning a disapproval grunt from the latter.Slapping my hand away,he stole the chapstick that was in front of me and popped it open.Tugging me by the arms,he pulled me nearer and put on the chapstick on my lips.

 

"You should use the chapstick more,doofus,"he said as he put the cap back on the chapstick while,I was still in a daze.When I finally did come back into reality,I just realized that I was sitting in his lap and I immediately scrambled out of his lap with red cheeks.He only laughed.Thankfully,Min Yoongi was not the typical best friend who only teased me for my shortcomings instead,he changed the topic for me as we talked about the stars in the skies.

 

As we talked,something hit me.

 

I finally,used the chapstick that Jeon Jungkook gave to me though,I still don't know why he gave it to me.

 

I mm is used and 63 mm to go ...