53 mm (Part 2)

Him & Chapsticks

# Sorry, for the late second update T.T

# The third update will be on it's way soon... I need to edit a lot actually..hehe...

I fidgeted on my couch as I played sudoku with Yoongi seating on the floor, looking at me very intently with a chapstick twirling in his right hand. I was ignoring him ever since, I ended the call with Taehyung. Turns out, it was my brother who was the only one wanted to know about Jeon Jungkook in detail while, my parents were delightful that I was trying to date.

 

Yoongi pursed his lips together in silence and I unknowingly twitched my eyes which, he had noticed as he brought out his phone. The latter smirked before throwing the chapstick at me to gain my attention and he tapped on a button on his phone. I groaned out of a pain and surprise because the chapstick had unexpectedly hit my forehead but I didn't hit on him like how I had planned. Instead, I blushed as I stood up and walked to my room with the chapstick clutched tight in my hand as well as, Yoongi trailing behind me.

 

"Jeon Jungkook, what type of person is he ?"

 

"He's a nice person, oppa,"

 

"Really ? Are you that close to him to be saying that to me ?"

 

"Well, he loves noblesse too like the both of us,"

 

"Please ! Everyone love noblesse ! Tell me something that even hyung doesn't know,"

 

"Well, he loves writing stories but action-packed ones and has obsession over chapsticks and lips. He also has two cha-"

 

"Wait, what ? Obsession over lips ? He kissed you already ? He stole your first kiss ?"
 

"Tae-"

 

"Oh.My.God. My little sister's first kiss has been stolen -"


 

"Stop it !" I whined at him as I turned around to face, his right hand was over my head along with his smartphone which had a recording of my talk with Taehyung. To be honest, at times like this I rather be scolded by him than getting teased by him. My cheeks were flushed as he feigned ignorance at the torture he was making me go through.

 

"What ? I can't hear you ~" He teased me as I jumped to steal his phone away. Yoongi only laughed, his gaze plastered on me while I jumped in hopes I could reach it.

 

The short genetics. Why ?

 

"You know that I still have my first kiss..." I trailed on my words as my cheeks went to a darker shade of pink and Yoongi only ruffled my hair rather teasingly with a smirk in tact on his face.

 

"Of course, I do." Yoongi had said it so innocently that I almost thought that the torture was over but, I was wrong. He winked at me and continued on with his words, "Wait, for the juicy part,"

 

"Oppa, he's a nice guy and ..."

 

"What is it ?"

 

With the last jump that I had mustered up with all my strength, I finally stole away the phone and deleted it almost immediately as it fell into my hand."Shut up,sprinkles ! You know what I meant !" I glared at him and he was still feigning ignorance as he scratched his scalp.

 

Yoongi tilted his head innocently as he asked, "Not really. What did you meant ?"

 

"I like him as a friend for crying out loud !"

 

I stated it with cheeks flushed and I failed to make it believeable as Yoongi only chuckled in response to my statement, shrugging his shoulders in the motion.

 

"Whatever you say, beautiful. At least I know that my roommate here has a very fair chance to go on a date with you,"

 

"Shut up, Min Yoongi," I glared at him as last warning and he dropped the topic almost immediately, bringing up another topic for us to talk about as we walked back to the living room.  "Anyways, I had other reasons coming here other than teasing you about that chapstick crazed guy,"

 

Yoongi sat besides me with his left hand rubbing his nape, wondering if he should tell me about it or not. Being the person I am, I comforted over his worry by holding onto his right hand and squeeze it a bit. I hoped that by doing that, it would give him strength.

 

10 seconds,20 seconds,40 seconds and finally, I made the choice to bring up the topic for him. His dreams and his parents had always been a tough topic to talk about.

 

"Yoongi, your mom said that you had been calling less these past few weeks . Did you fought again with your dad ?"

 

Yoongi sighed when, he heard my question as his gaze dropped towards the floor. "Well, to be honest ..." Yoongi trailed over his words for a moment as he raised his gaze back towards me, hoping I wouldn't be too disappointed with him. "I did fight with him... "

 

I blew a rapsberry and slumped against the couch as I let him to continue to tell me about it. His head made it's way to rest on my head while, I rested on his shoulder. "He had been pressuring for me to at least take college and do MBA to backup....Well, "

 

"Being you, you immediately said no..." I murmured and he heaved a deep sigh that was coming out from the bottom of his heart.

 

"Obviously," Yoongi pointed out and he let himself relaxed over the couch and I sat up straight again as I rubbed my face for a moment, thinking through over my idea. Slowly, I adjusted myself to face him and look at him in the eyes with my face tilting a bit, wondering if this idea would work out.

 

"Sprinkles... I really think you should talk it out with your parents in the summ-"

 

He immediately cutted me off as Yoongi hold my hands in his, his eyes turning brighter than ever with such an innocent smile decorating his face that I almost didn't hear what he said. "Saera, that summer! The reason I asked for you to be with me because I might get a gig that could change my life forever. I might not have to work as a part timer at the convenience story anymore,"

 

"What ?"

 

I asked, feeling dazed all of the sudden. My stomach churned at an awful thought that my mind had creatively made up for me, ruining my mood when I should be happy. Yoongi squeezed my hands, earning my focus back at him again. His smile was still there as I was still making sense with all of this. 

 

"My dream. It could be real, this summer," I smiled for him and embraced Yoongi in a hug. My insides tormenting me, taunting me that all of this would soon vanish. This relationship that I had with Yoongi would soon fall apart and I might just lose him as well. I was not ready but I couldn't ruin this for him so, I did what a best friend should.

 

I leaned away from him, detaching myself from the hug with tears of mixed feelings as I forced the words out. "Yoongi, I'm so happy for you,"

 

I was, I really was happy for him but it comes with consequences and one of it, might be me losing Min Yoongi in my future and I'm not ready for it. Yoongi only laughed and pulled me into another hug, his laugh was sincere and it made me smiled for a moment, forcing myself to push away all the bad thoughts that I had about this ordeal.

 

I was thinking too much.

 

I needed some fresh air so, I detached myself away from him again as I stood up. His gaze following my figure.

 

"Where are you going ?"

 

"I'm gonna go out to buy something for lunch and while I'm out, you should really call your parents and tell them about it. At least, tell them about the gig. They deserve to know. You are their only son and you know that. For now, that should matter and let your dad calm down for a moment. He's just being a dad protecting you from danger. That's all he does,"

 

Yoongi sighed and I did as well while, I took a last glance at him. He looked worried. "Sure, Saera. Are you okay, by the way ?"

 

"Of course, why wouldn't I be ?" I faked a smile and I could feel myself breaking inside. No, I wasn't.

 

I walked out the building, tears threatening fall. The tears were not of happiness rather it was out of envy and anxiousness. Things were bound to slowly change. When summer comes, I might just lose my best friend. No teasing, no comforting, no small hang outs on the rooftop.

 

It felt unfair somehow... Maybe, I deserved this. I was not brave enough like Yoongi was. He had always been like this while, I always followed what my parents asked me to do without objecting.

 

"So-rry !" I squeaked, pushing through the crowd with my head bowed down. Tears trickled down my face as I walked down the road and I ended up at the convenience store. I glanced inside the store through the window and saw Jungkook lazily scanning items for a customer as I quickly wiped away the tears. With a fake smile, I entered the convenience store and found Jungkook perking up at the sight of me.

 

It made my heart fluttered for a moment when, I saw the smile on his face.

 

Acknowledging him with a nod of the head, I immediately went to the frozen section to get a grape popsicle to calm my nerves. Sighing, I walked to the counter with a fake smile where, Jungkook was standing. A toothy grin displayed on his face in it's almighty making the theoretical butterflies in my stomach fluttered very hard without my permission.

 

It also brought a little real smile upon my face as I let him scan the grape popsicle.

 

" How about you wait for me for a few minutes and we'll grab lunch together ? My shift ends at 2 and there's three minutes left to it. How about that,gorgeous ?" Jungkook asked as stretched his hand out with my popsicle, his head tilting sideways with his infamous bunny grin.

 

I flushed for a moment as I gave him an excuse,"I'm grabbing some-"

 

"Don't bluff with me, Kim Saera. Yoongi called me to grab lunch with you and judging from your red nose..." Jungkook abruptly cut me off he grabbed onto his jacket and went around the counter with his eyes focused onto my obvious red nose. Silence embraced us for a moment while, I awkwardly cleared my throat when I saw that stern facial expression on his face. Jungkook almost resembled Yoongi in that moment.

 

He sighed as his right hand ruffled my hair. "Hyung told you about his gig already," 

 

After ruffling my hair, Jungkook had caught my hand in his as he glanced at his watch for one last time, making sure he was leaving his shift right on time. I put him to a stop, unfortunately for him.

 

His face contorted into confusion while mine turned into pure anger. I slapped his hand away and I suddenly snapped at him, forcing the concept on him as well.

 

"Well yeah but, I'm happy," Jungkook sighed and made his eye level equal to as mine. His eyes only showed that he was worried for me and I softened when I had snapped out of nowhere. Immediately, I murmured an ashamed 'sorry' to him and Jungkook chuckled. 

 

His voice fell above a whisper as his right hand made it's way to my back, soothing my nerves away. "I can see that you're happy for him but you're worried and Yoongi hyung is worried for you. That's why, I'm here."

 

"I don't want to burden you, Jungkook," I said, pained. 

 

Instead of kissing my forehead like Yoongi does, he interlaced our hands together while squeezing it softly. "But I want you too. I want you to lean on me, gorgeous. Stop pushing me away or I might need to have to bridal carry you to the restaurant. Do you want that ?" He added a joke to lighten up the mood and it did. The joke he made not only made me giggled, it also made me blushed under his gaze.

 

"No,"

 

I whispered shyly and he tugged out from the convenience store, leading me to where we were going to eat our lunch.