53 mm

Him & Chapsticks

# Letting all of you to know that I'll be planning to make triple updates for today so, be prepared.

# 1st update of the day ;)

 

I paced around the apartment with a hand settled over my lips, my fingers did quick work of tearing the dry skin of my lips. 

 

Nervous.  I was so nervous. The moment I opened my eyes this morning, my mind went on frenzy mode as I thought of how to tell them about him. What should I tell them about Jeon Jungkook? Well,I don't exactly know him that well aside from the few common interests that the both of us had as well as that, he ...

 

I slapped my hands on both of my cheeks, blood rushing towards that region and I smacked my lips together. 

 

"How about you treat me to a date ?"

 

"Oh. My. God. It happened.. A guy asked me to a date and I didn't accept his ... " I squeaked and leaned against the wall in the living room as realization dawned upon me on how bad Jungkook must've felt. I felt guilty so much that I started to do my bad little habit again, feeling more anxious than before. "I'm such a jerk.. What am I going to do ? " 

 

I mumbled as I slid down with my back still in tact with the wall, feeling bad for Jungkook. Out of instinct, I ruffled my hair in frustration and let out a deep sigh. All of a sudden, I jumped momentarily out of surprise as the bell rang. I made a beeline towards the front door to open it with my lower lip jutted out, forming a pout as I opened the door. I squaked in relief, earning a smile from Yoongi who was leisurely leaning at the door frame and I pulled him in by the hands. He let out a surprised gasp and Yoongi softened when, I was circling my arms around his waist with my face buried into his chest. As if it was the most natural thing for me to do, the latter only chuckled and rubbed my back with his right hand while the other closed the door behind us.

 

The calm silence lingered between the both of us as we hold onto each other. Slowly, I could relax myself as I heard to the sound of his heart beating with his right hand rubbing my back, soothing my nerves almost instantly.

 

"Sprinkles! What am I doing? " My voice muffled  and it made the male laughed, his chest rumbling from his laughter as Yoongi put another hand onto my head.

 

"There. There. Is beautiful anxious because she doesn't know how to tell her family and..." He cooed while I nodded, answering his question and slowly a frown was coming it's way to settle on my face while, Yoongi continued on, "She just realized that Jungkook asked her out and apparently,  she never answered him back? "

 

Then, it occured to me that Jungkook may have told Yoongi about it. I immediately forced myself to look at him in the eyes, wanting to know.

 

"Did I disappointed him ?"

 

The latter smiled and shook his head slowly, his black bangs moving against the movement of his head, "Thankfully, he understands where you're coming from. It's okay, beautiful, "

 

"Now, let's move on from the topic." His smile dropped and his expression turned serious so suddenly, it made me smiled. One of the reasons why he's my best friend. I nodded my head and gestured him to continue but Yoongi dragged me to the living room first so that, we could seat. Both of us sat on the couch opposite to the television. "Do you know what to tell your family and did you do your little habit again? "

 

I looked down to the floor with a pout on my face when, he had squinted his eyes at me. I so do not like when, he goes on authorotive mode with me. Worrying my lower lip, I finally grumbled out an answer for him. "No and yes, "

 

Yoongi clucked his tounge in disapprovement and stood up to go to my bedroom to fetch the chapstick after, confirming that I did indeed tore the skin of my lips. "Where's your chapstick ? " He asked with his back facing me and I didn't answer him instead, I contemplated on something else and finally, I made the choice to voice out my worries.

 

"Sprinkles.. " I called out for him with a hand stretched out, holding onto the t-shirt he was wearing. Finally, Yoongi turned around and only to see my worried face as well as tears slowly b in my eyes.

 

Seeing that, the black haired male went worried for a moment but finally, he made the choice to sit back onto the couch as his clammy hands hold onto my cold hands almost instantly, "What's the matter, beautiful ? " He gasped out the words, fretting over my worrisome expression.

 

"Aren't things going too fast for all of us? "

 

The latter laughed with his head thrown back for a moment and stopped as Yoongi leaned towards me, his forehead touching mine with his hands still holding mine, "Are you worried that we would end up like how you and Eunah ended up? " I closed my eyes and nodded my head softly. So many emotions welled up inside me. 

 

One of the reasons why I didn't want to  change was because one of the possible consequences was  that I might lose Min Yoongi, my best friend.

 

What if, I spend my time with Jungkook too much that I lose Yoongi instead ?

 

I was afraid of it, so much.

 

Yoongi smiled, a hint of adoration was evident in his eyes. He nuzzled his nose with mine and said, "It's okay, idiot. You're too precious for me to let go of."

 

Now, his smile had dropped, showing that he was back to authoritive mode as he continued on, "Now, the chapstick.. Where is it, Kim Saera ? "

 

I laughed when, I saw he had changed from happy to instantly stern with me. The end of his lips twitched as he kissed my forehead and ruffled my hair before, standing up to go to where my bedroom was to get the chapstick.

 

"Thank you, Yoongi. I owe you a lot these days, " I said before he could go far enough. Yoongi turned around and winked.

 

"It's okay. It's time I pay back for all the trouble you had to go through because me. Also, it's the least I could do,"

 

Both of us smiled at each other, letting the silence between us enveloped us to relish it as one of those sweet memories we would have when we grow old. But my phone rang, disturbing the silence and Yoongi flashed a smile as he made his way to the kitchen to make food for himself.

 

I took  a deep breath and slid the green icon to answer. Then, in came my parents along with a cranky Taehyung at the side through the little screen of my smartphone.

 

"Hey, guys. So, what did you want to talk about? " I smiled, hoping I would be less nervous and thankfully, my parents were flashing a knowing smile, teasing me while, Taehyung was scoffing and leaned into my mother's phone. His eyes were the only thing I could see from my screen and I cleared my throat, feeling more anxious.

 

And I thought Min Yoongi was the one who was playing the role as the crazy obsessed protective brother in my life.

 

"Jeon freaking Jungkook ! I wanna see that guy, where's he at? "

 

I faked a laugh, just to lighten the mood but it didn't. Instead, Taehyung's eyes that were still showing on my screen squinted his eyes at me, rather threateningly and I cleared my throat the second time today.

 

"I'm not joking, Kim Saera. Where is Jeon freaking Jungkook ?"

 

I guess, I was wrong.

 

Kim Taehyung was the crazy obsessed protective brother in my life...