46 mm (Part 2)

Him & Chapsticks

# Subscribe & comment ? 

# Good day and bye ;)

 

I lazily yawned as I sat on a bench while waiting for Yoongi to pick up his phone. Taehyung, on the other hand was too busy playing with the kids as he played dead, attracting the kids' attentions to him, waiting for the right moment to attack them with the kids slowly approaching him. When all of them were near enough to him, he then proceed to jump onto his legs with a loud roar emitting from his windpipipes and the kids squaled in joy, running away from my 23 year old brother. I smiled at the sight of Taehyung grabbing onto a little boy as he spun around with him and Yoongi finally, answered his phone with a 'hello'.

 

"Hey, oppa," I said, drawing unknown shapes on the bench with my left hand. Yoongi sighed and I could hear him tapping and clicking on something before, giving me his full focus.

 

"What's the matter, Saera ?" He chirped. I closed my eyes and pursed my lips before, faking another laugh before answering him with another question.

 

"Sprinkles, where is the studio exactly ?"

 

My voice only above a whisper and the line went silent for a moment, making me think that he had cut off the line but I smiled when I heard him sighing for the umpteenth time. There were sounds in the background as I figured he was standing up, searching for his car keys when I hear the familiar sound of his keys jiggling together. "You're kidding me, right ?"

 

I nervously laughed as I twirled my ponytail in my left hand instead of drawing unknown shapes into the bench, "Oppa and I are really lost, sprinkles... " Then, I could hear him cursing softly which I cluck my tounge in dissapproval and he went silent again. Doors were closed and opened as Yoongi walked while sighing. I assumed he was in the elevator already when, I heard the common elevator song. I could just imagine his face right now especially, with his new mint hair.

 

Eyebrows furrowed and that same old lethargic expression he always had whenever, Yoongi had to be away from doing his music. But I knew deep down inside, he was thankful as well since, he must've been in that studio for a few days now. He needed the fresh air. I pursed my lips, holding in the temptation to laugh at Min Yoongi all of the sudden.

 

The last time I saw him was when, Taehyung just came from Daegu.

 

"I swear the both of you have the worst direction sense especially when, the both of you are combined." My best friend whined childishly and I chuckled as I glanced at Taehyung. He was still playing with the kids but instead of playing dead, he was carrying them one by one, spinning with them with hands holding.

 

"Sorry, sprinkles? I made chocolate croissants, just for you and an extra pack of sprinkles to go with it." I tried to coax him softly and it worked wonderfully when, I could hear him went silent again. The only thing I could hear was the sound of his breathing and the uneven tapping of his foot as he wait for the elevator to open, he was being impatient now, when he knew the presence of his favorite snack.

 

Chocolate croissants and sprinkles are always the best choice to persuade Min Yoongi.

 

"It's okay. I'll come and get you. Where are you, exactly ?" I grinned cheekily by myself even if, he couldn't see it as I heard him quickly scrambling out of the elevator when it dinged loudly. I could hear the faint sound of him whining in the background when his eyes found the sunlight as he exit the building like he always does.

 

Sometimes, I wonder if he was a vampire.

 

I pouted a bit at that thought before answering him, "We're at Seoul's Park, "

 

Car keys were haulted in the movement as I heard it jiggled and Yoongi sighed a bit as he finally made the decision to open the car of his door and slid into it, closing the door in the process. "How the he- That's the opposite of where you guys supposed to go. Like I said,  you guys don't have any direction sense, " Yoongi whined again while I only chuckled at him, guiltily.

 

"Thanks, sprinkles. I know I can count on you, "

 

Yoongi finally laughed and I could feel myself relaxing. It sounded like a genuine one, his laugh that is.

 

"Well, if Jungkook heard about this and I didn't do anything....The boy is going to kill me... " Yoongi joked and I immediately faked a laugh as I rubbed the back of my neck, feeling uncomfortable all of the sudden. My cheeks went flushed as well but I could care less since, my mind was on even more important matters.

 

His mother issues...

 

"Right... " I trailed off. That was so not typical of me. Thankfully, Yoongi was already tired from practicing and composing so, he didn't notice how uncomfortable I was. If he did, things would be even more complicated.

 

"Anyways, I'll be there in about thirty minutes," 

 

Yoongi informed me and I let out a restless 'what', earning a chuckle from him as he started the engine of his car. I played with my hair again, my lips pursed into a firm a line as I whined in a high-pitched voice. While, my eyes were stuck at Taehyung who was running away from the group of children that he was just playing from before with water balloons in their hands.

 

When did they get that ?

 

"That's so long, oppa~" Yoongi laughed when my he heard me. 

 

I rarely speak in that voice and when I did, that just means either Taehyung was being the overly protective brother he was or doing something really childish despite, his age.

 

"Looks like your brother is doing something.. Isn't he ? "

 

I nodded even if, Yoongi couldn't see me while I still look over Taehyung. By that time, my brother was slowly losing his stamina with the kids tailing him even more nearer than before. I let out a relieved sigh when he narrowly escaped from one of their attacks by falling when he accidentally stepped on one of his loosen shoelaces.

 

I told Yoongi with a smile plastered on my face, "Nah, he's just playing with the kids. I'm just worrie-" I stopped speaking and glanced towards the left, where I could heard victorious shouts from kids along with a soaking wet Kim Taehyung, laughing with the kids. I shrugged my shoulders as I told  him. "Well, the deed has been done.. He's soaking wet,"

 

"Whatever, I have a towel in my car, " Yoongi laughed and I heard him playing with the stick shift of the car, opting for me to end the call with a quick 'bye'.

 

***

 

I stared in front of me with my hand still shoving a chocolate croissant in Yoongi's mouth, my mouth gape at the tall figure who was sitting around with two unknown faces. My hand was shoved aside by Yoongi who almost gagged from my obvious surprise when, I accidentally pushed the croissant even more into Yoongi's mouth after seeing Jungkook's presence. Jeon Jungkook who finally noticed me, smiled at my way as if I never brought up the topic about his mother. 

 

He didn't look vulnerable like he was yesterday.

 

"He's here ?" I murmured and Yoongi rolled his eyes as he drink water first with Taehyung shoving both of us into the music studio. My brother made a disgusted face at us and dropped himself beside Jungkook.

 

"I swear the both of you looked like a couple," Taehyung jokingly scoffed at us and earned a slap from Yoongi. My brother had whined childishly out of pain and Yoongi winked at me playfully. I showed Yoongi a two thumbs up at him in appreciation.

 

Both of us laughed and Yoongi came standing beside me again, just to put a hand around my shoulder and ruffled my hair, "I forgot to tell you that he's here to learn to compose music. Also, he said about you not giving him your number.... " I flushed and saw the dark look on Jungkook's face as he gazed at the arm around me. Then, his eyes met with mine and I looked away immediately, clearing my throat awkwardly. 

 

Apparently, Taehyung saw the eye contact between us and suddenly stretched his arms, slapping Jungkook on the face with a face that almost looked like the devil. Jungkook groaned in surprise and rubbed the sore spot which happened to be  his left cheek. 

 

Great, another gift from Kim Taehyung.

 

"She did the right thing.. I wouldn't want my baby sister to be on her phone 24/7, " My brother remarked proudly and I rolled my eyes. I glanced at Jungkook who was rubbing his left cheek that was red from Taehyung's slap, feeling guilty on behalf of my brother. Even his right eye was not properly healed yet and he got another injury from my brother.

 

"Oppa, stop it." I told my brother and Taehyung grumbled loudly, ignoring me as he shoved Jungkook away to meet with the two new faces, wanting to be friends with them. Rolling my eyes for the last time, I pushed Yoongi's arm softly and told him to rest before putting my focus on Jungkook again.

 

Third strike, already. He's really fast.

 

He was rubbing his sore bottom instead of his left cheek now. I worried my bottom lip and at that moment, he made the option to look upwards, meeting eyes with me. I cleared my throat before stretching my hand towards him.

 

"Jungkook, could we have a talk outside ? "

 

Jeon Jungkook looked at my hand for a moment before changing focus towards my face instead. That honestly happened almost for a full one minute before he finally made the decision to hold my hand and standing up. He apparently had pulled me a little bit too much, making me stumbled towards him but thankfully, he was quick enough to stand up and grab me by the waist to stabilize me. It didn't help that much since, my nose was literally poking his chest and I could see his chest heaved up and down with each breath he took.

 

I quickly took a step backwards with blushed cheeks before anyone could take notice of us and Jungkook genuinely smiled, "Sure, "

 

With that, I got out of the music studio with Jungkook tailing behind me as we made our way to the rooftop.

 

As soon as he closed the door to the rooftop, Jungkook leaned against it and with the tilt of his head, it finally began, "What's the matter, gorgeous ?"

 

I uneasily started the conversation while, his face turned darker by the second. "Jungkook, I know that your mom is a sens-"

 

"There's nothing to talk, " He quickly snapped at me as he glared. That familiar negativity was slowly emitting out from him and I had just wanted to slap myself for starting this but, I couldn't ignore this. The best for me to do for him was to hear his problems out as a friend.

 

"Why would you say that ?"

 

Jungkook scoffed and stopped leaning on the door as he walked around the rooftop. My eyes were the only thing to be following him, "The only thing she did right in my life was leaving me to my father. See, I never had a mom in my life so, stop talking about that ! " He stated angrily, making me feel small but I had seen it coming. 

 

Every right decision was the toughest choice.

 

"I'm so sorry, Jungkook. I didn't know you loathed your mother that much," 

 

"She's not my mother. She's just a who gave -" I reacted spontaneously, slapping him on the left cheek, stopping him from cursing his mother even more. His eyes widened in surprise and slowly gave me a face as if I was stranger.

 

"Don't talk like that about your mother. She risked her life to give birth to you, " I told him with a cracking voice, my hands cletched tight by my side. It made Jungkook laughed at me with his hand holding his right cheek.

 

Tears were in his eyes.

 

Jeon Jungkook was slowly cracking.

 

"Why are you standing up for her when you don't even know her ? "

 

"What happened to her? " I answered him back with an answer and Jungkook made an unbelievable face at me as if, he had heard it wrong.

 

"What ?"

 

"Tell me, do you know what happened to her?" I asked, wanting to understand his point of view. Jungkook laughed at me, amused to seeing me being so stern and he finally made the choice to tell the full story. He slowly looked at his feet, not wanting to meet eyes with me as he started the story like the fragile kid he really was.

 

"I do.  A friend of my father knocked her up and my dad who was so in love with her at that time was willing to give up his dreams of being a footballer to take care of me and her. Then, what does she does? Right after I was born, she left us to marry a guy who she was in love with. The guy was the guy who knocked her up and she left us, she ing left us! She broke my dad, she broke me, she broke us, Kim Saera, "

 

Jungkook told me and he looked me straight in the eyes, tears brimmed and I covered my mouth in surprise. I was so stunned to hear it.

 

How could a mother do that to her own son and to the person who was willing to do anything for her ?

 

It was so cruel.

 

I went my way towards Jungkook and slowly embraced him into a hug. His body went rigid for a moment before slowly understanding that I was only giving him a hug and he accepted me with putting his arms around me.

 

"Now, do you understand why I hate her? " He asked, his breath hitting my neck and I shivered as my heart doubled. I laughed a bit before and made a face even if, he couldn't see me with my face stuffed against his chest. 

 

"I think, you're only hating her because you don't want to admit how much you miss her and how much power she has over you," My voice muffled but he could still understand what I was saying.

 

"I do but, she doesn't know that, " Jungkook snuggled even more against me and I went haywire for a moment, afraid of the closeness but I let him be since, I was the reason for him being so vulnerable right now.

 

"Doesn't it feel good to talk this to someone? "

 

He nodded his head and I finally broke the hug. Jungkook shrugged his shoulders, shoving his hands into the pocket of his jeans. "It just nobody never made noticed of it," I made another face at him before, realizing that my phone was actually vibrating. 

 

Both of us laughed but my laughter, suddenly died down when I read the new message I received.

 

From : Unknown number

Hey, sweet cheeks. Remember me ? I really missed you ;) You're in Seoul, right ?

 

I could feel goosebumps were evident all over my body as my face went pale.

 

Just when I thought I could get over the fact of sharing my number with the opposite , another problem arises.

 

Things are slowly getting out of hand, I supposed.