58 mm (Part 2)

Him & Chapsticks

2.17 a.m.

 

"You like me ? " I tested the words and Jungkook's hand had loosen his hold on my neck with a smile plastered on his face as he waited for me to answer him. 

 

It finally hit me that he was not joking around. My cheeks went red all over again and he laughed at my flustered expression while, he praised me on how cute I was. Then, I my lips nervously with his eyes focused on my lips. I got more nervous than ever, knowing he's attracted to me like that. 

 

"I'm sorry, Jeon Jungkook, " I murmured under my breath as I leaned away from him. Jungkook flashed a smile in understanding as he stood up while, dusting the dusts off.

 

He held a hand out to help me and I accepted it willingly as he spoke, "It's okay. I was too straightforward, I guess ? " I immediately let go of his hand when, he was trying to meet eyes with me. I was rather a nervous wreck when, he said those words.

 

I answered quickly with a squeak, "Very, " 

 

Jungkook laughed when, he saw my bulging eyes and I laughed for a moment but it didn't last as long as Jungkook's ones because I felt guilty.Taking a step back, I waited for him to stop laughing to tell him what I felt about him.

 

"I'm really sorry Jungkook but ...." I paused for a moment and I could see the glint in his eyes sparkled even more for a second, anticipating that I would say that I like him as well except that, I only saw him as a friend. It was better if, I didn't give him false hopes and I forced the words to pour out even if, it'll hurt him.

 

"I don't like you like that, "

 

There it was, that crestfallen expression that I hoped to avoid. He was a nice guy and all but I couldn't force my feelings for him. I was waiting for something else somehow, I'm not sure. Jungkook laughed all of a sudden, making me snapped into reality, leaving my thoughts to a pause for a second.

 

He had on a fake smile as he shoved his hands into the pocket of his jeans. "It's okay, I can wait for you besides, you're not going anywhere, "

 

I smiled back without saying anything because we both knew that it was true in some ways. Taking a deep breath, I told him that I would be going back to my apartment and he followed me to make sure that I was safe though, it was okay if, he didn't accompany me but I didn't have the heart to reject his offer again.

 

"Wh- What did you just called me ? " I stuttered with pinked cheeks, turning around to see a victorious smile on his face. Not to mention, he was too close for my own comfort as I leaned agaisnt my door to have my own space but, he took a step forward, closing the distance between the both of us. My heart doubled from the skin contact we were having.

 

He was so tall that, I only reached to his chest that he had to lower himself. Calming myself by closing my eyes as well as counting the numbers in my mind to forget about how close our distances were but, it didn't work because our noses were touching too much that I had a hard time to count.

 

Jungkook laughed and kissed on my forehead as my breath hitched while, my eyes opened almost automatically, meeting his dark eyes that was hidden behind his bangs. "Gorgeous,"

 

"What ?"

 

"Can I call you gorgeous, Kim Saera ?"

 

"I- I- What ?" I asked flustered but, he ignored my question with another peck on my forehead and brushed away the strands of my hair as he stepped back to take his leave.

 

Jungkook flashed one last smile before tilting his head and winked at me, "I guess you're fine with it then," He took another step back and waved at me cutely. "Bye,gorgeous and dream of me. Also, don't forget to use your chapstick for today,"

 

I barely slept.

 

Also, according to Eunji, I was sighing too much and I guess I have to agree with her because it was true.

 

1 sigh, 2 sighs,  3 sig-

 

" What are you sighing about, Kim Saera ?" Eunji asked annoyed as she walked around to prepare our brunch for the day. Before I could answer her, the door bell rang as if it was on cue and I stood up from the couch to open the door. Obviously, it would be Min Yoongi since, he never works on Saturday but, I never expected for him to have a bouquet of flowers with him.

 

"What is this, sprinkles ?" I asked as he shoved the flowers in my hands. A smile rested on my face when, I noticed it was white tulips. Yoongi mumbled grumpily under his breath about how hungry he was as he jumped onto the couch while, throwing his bag onto the coffee table. Closing the door with my left hand, I went to the living room to ask Yoongi.

 

Yoongi sighed for a moment with closed eyes before, sitting up with a smile while, his hands were up in the air, "It's a delivery for gorgeous !"

 

"He told you ?" I asked him with pinked cheeks and Yoongi laughed as he laid back onto the couch while, I stood there awkwardly.

 

"Well, he is my roommate,"

 

"He's your roommate ?" 

 

Yoongi smirked and pointed a finger at me as I looked with a puzzled expression,the flowers still in my arms protectively, "You have a lot to tell me, beautiful,"

 

I scoffed and swatted away his finger while, Yoongi acted as if he was pain. I laughed with Yoongi for a moment, attracting Eunji's attention for a second to the living room and she immediately, cooed playfully at me with raised eyebrows. My cheeks went a deeper shade of red. Trying to put the attention on someone else, I crossed my arms over my chest and scoffed.

 

"Well, not as much as you, Min Yoongi The Idiot,"

 

"Aww, you made another nickname for me ? That's so sweet," Yoongi said sarcastically with hands over his chest as if, he was greatly affected by it. Such a dork, I thought as I pulled out the letter when, I noticed it. I went to the kitchen where there was a tall stool at the island and quietly read it without, Eunji and Yoongi. They would obviously made a ruckus out of this.

 

Dear gorgeous,

You may not have any feelings for me but, that doesn't mean I'm gonna give up on you. Until, you'll accept me. I'm going to court you for the moment ;) Also, you might want to anticipate the meetings we would have from now on because it's going to be more than just writing a story.It's a story of us as well ;)

Jeon Jungkook, Mr. Nivea xoxo

P.S. Don't forget to use your chapstick ;)

 

"Looks like your first date is a working process, beautiful," I almost fell off the stool when, I heard those two whispering at me the same words except for Eunji, who didn't call me by the nickname Yoongi gave me. I hopped off the stool with cheeks red more than ever and it didn't help that the both of them were teasing me.

 

"Shut up !" I said but, I failed since, it was two against one. Like I said, they would make a ruckus out of the smallest things.

 

Gosh, I never felt this embarrassed in my life.