22 mm (Part 2)

Him & Chapsticks

Happy chinese new years to the people who celebrate it and happy holidays to the people who don't ;) I'm feeling better now, thanks to you guys.

Thank you, really

 

2.55 p.m.

My fingers anxiously hovered over my chapstick covered lips, eyes scanning the jam-packed road that was filled with vehicles. The radio playing some idol song and if I was not mistaken, it was Sistar's Shake it which was a big contrast to how nervous I felt inside. I sighed, glancing at Yoongi's side profile as he casually drummed his fingers over the driving wheel, whistling to a new tone that I never heard of. Softly smiling, I rested my head at the closed window and looked at him, noticing the eyebags below his eyelashes and the way he was stiffling a yawn under my gaze.

 

"You should be resting and yet, here you are with me.. Like always," I let out, eyes softening at the sound of him chuckling, knowing he was going to give me some excuse. His eyes met mine, turning into charming slits as he extended his hand out towards me. Before I could think of any possibilities, he had playfully pinched me on the nose which I immediately reacted with a sneeze. Glaring again as I sneezed for the second time, Yoongi stuck his tongue out before focusing on the road again, noticing that the car in front of us was beginning to move.He let silence fell between us for a moment before interrupting it, "Hearing you nagging is me resting,"

 

I scoffed, noticing the ends of his lips twitching while my right hand reached out for the radio, turning it off as I tilted my head a bit as I looked at my best friend. Yoongi must've felt how I was watching over him as he suddenly spoke up again, "What is it, beautiful ?" Snapping out of my train of thought, I cleared my throat and ran my fingers through my short hair, looking out of the car again.

 

"It was nothing..." I accidentally trailed off, eyes focusing on a familiar building that made me fidget in my seat, my heart becoming erratic and lips dry from the anxiousness. My fingers immediately searching for the old chapstick that I had from the pocket of my jeans, grasping on it tightly before opting to use it. Before I could open the lid of the chapstick, the car was stop a hault and the small item fell out of my grasp, dropping somewhere around the car as I let out a sigh, feeling even more nervous than I was. Yoongi laughed at that, searching for my chapstick while I was just having a mental meltdown over how nervous I was, thinking whether I could really make things right again.

 

"Beautiful," My best friend piped up, using his right hand to pull my chin up with enough pressure for me to focus him as Yoongi put the chapstick over my lips before kissing me on the forehead. "You'll do fine, you always do," He comforted me, my hair a bit more before letting me go and putting the chapstick into my right hand. Looking at the chapstick in my hand, I couldn't help but smile at that small gesture as I hold tightly onto the small item before looking at Yoongi again. "Thanks, sprinkles,"

 

Yoongi nodded his head, his faded mint hair bouncing a bit at the action as his right hand rubbed the back of his neck guiltily. "Sure..." He said a bit, pursing his lips a bit before continuing on his words a bit more. "I'm sorry, I couldn't come with you because of those two idiots," I naturally chuckled a bit, unbuckling the safety belt as I smiled at him. "It's okay, sprinkles,"

 

"You sure ?" 

 

I nodded my head, climbing out of the car and closed the door again. Turning around, I waved him off while he lowered down the window, asking me yet again the same question, feeling glad that I had friends that I could lean on to. Leaning forward, I cheekily grinned at him, feeling better and confident now at the thought of it. Waving at him, "Pretty sure I'm good right now, thanks to you," He softly smiled at that, waving a bit as he closed the window again, finally driving off and I was left to face the music. My eyes following Yoongi's car for awhile before turning around, facing the building where Jungkook lives in.

 

"Yup, I'll be fine," I convinced myself, heart jumping elatedly at the small notion of meeting Jeon Jungkook. My cheeks instantly turning red and I blew a raspberry, beginning to walk now when my eyes accidentally met with a stranger's ones from afar, the guy squinting his eyes at me that made me to look away as I walk passed him, ignoring the curious look on his face. 

 

"Kim Saera?" I froze almost immediately, head turning back at the stranger. The stranger smiled, snapping his fingers as he neared me. My brows jumped, nervous of who he was for the moment but my eyes lightened up when I could guess who he was from the few conversations I had with Jungkook from before. Smiling at his way a bit, I fully turned around met him halfway. "You're Park Jimin," I piped up, not really questioning the fact, making he smiled a bit. His eyes turning into charming slits that made some girls passed by us, swooning at him for awhile before continuing to walk again. "Bingo,"

 

He let out before, shoving a hand into the pocket of his shorts to retrieve some keys and handing it to me. Carefully taking the keys from Jimin, I finally asked to confirm of what I thought it is, "Is this, what I think it is?" Jimin nodded, his expression turning serious as he combed his hair. "Can you take care of him for a bit? His medicines are running low and I need to go meet someone, urgently. Can you?" 

 

My heart almost jumped out of my ribcage, just at the mere mention of Jeon Jungkook being sick. I automatically said 'yes', bringing the keys to my chest and the latter grinned at that, chuckling as he rubbed his nape. He almost looked jealous as he spoke up again, "You're really cute, just like Jungkook said.."

His eyes easing on me, softly flashing a lopsided smile as he stepped back from me with hands shoved into his shorts. I blushed, looking everywhere for a second before looking at the man again, waving him goodbye when he was far enough but, I yelled for him to ask something before he could go any further. "Jimin, wait!"

 

"What is it?"

 

"How were you so sure, it was me?"

 

Jimin smiled again, eyes turning crescents as he hollered back to me, "Because Jungkook has a picture of you as his phone's wallpaper,"

 

...

3.18 p.m.

"Ah..." I accidentally let out loud, closing the door to Jungkook's apartment almost immediately as I struggled to pull out the key from the doorknob, planning to abort the mission as soon as my eyes were planted over Jeon jungkook who looked perfectly fine, walking around the apartment. I could hear footsteps, nearing the door and I almost blanked, wanting to just run away by now but before I could do anything, the door was wide open and I was tugged into the premises of Jungkook's home by the shoulders. The door closed and my back met with it, flinching a bit from the impact. He leaned against me, nose at the crook of my neck and I felt my legs turning into jelly.

 

"I must be dreaming rigt now..." Jungkook voiced out, his voice cracking a bit as he pulled away. I breathed out, hands tugging the white shirt Jungkook was wearing as I glanced at his face. Heart calming a bit at the bruise on Jungkook's right eye. It was getting better, a bit. I smiled a bit, eyes all over his face, just missing him as he absent mindedly watched over me. He leaned nearer to me, his nose nudging my nose, feeling his eyes on my lips as Jungkook talked by himself. "I think I'm going crazy right now," He let out a pathetic chuckle and I noticed a tear fell, cradling my right cheek with his hand as he kissed me. I instinctively closed my eyes, kissing him back and felt myself crying as well, realising how much I really missed him all this while.