54 mm

Him & Chapsticks

I stared blankly at the unfinished sudoku puzzle that I was doing as I thought of how to tell Jungkook, that there's no need of giving me flowers for every day. Him, giving me flowers is reminding of how fast every thing was going and it didn't sit well with me. Then, I snapped out of my dazed condition when I heard the rapping on the table and I closed the book of sudoku. Looking up, I found Jungkook flashing a smile at me and I smiled back.

 

"You seem to be too invested with your sudoku these days," Jungkook pointed out as he put a single white rose on the table and plopped himself in the seat opposite to mine with his bag beside him. I murmured a 'thanks' under my breath and shoved the book of sudoku in my bag before, taking the beautiful rose into my right hand and breathe in the scent. The smell was wonderful.

 

I unknowingly smiled with closed eyes because it calms my nerves. Fluttering my eyes open, I found the latter looking at me with a glint of adoration in his eyes. The fluttering of butterflies in my stomach fluttered even more when, I noticed him smiling softly at me and replied with simple words that was bound to still make me blush, "Anything for you,gorgeous,"

 

I blushed like how I had predicted.

 

Mustering my whole courage to fake a laugh while, my right hand went to the back of my head as if scratching the non-existent itch that I had  as I pondered over the thought of how am I going to put a stop to Jungkook's flowers. It was sweet, really ! But, I'm a bit embarrassed with the focus everyone was giving me even if, I am flattered by his advances on trying to woo me.

 

Tough to say it but, I really feel like I'm one of those girls in the movie who gets wooed by the guy. Should I hate it ?

 

"Jungkook ..." I started and he immediately straighten up in his seat, his full focus on me. " What is it, gorgeous ?"

 

His head tilted in the process, curious of what I was going to say. A soft smile slowly settled over my face when, I noticed how precious he looked. Jeon Jungkook was cute. My cheeks turned red all over again and shook off the thought away and focused on what I was planning to do.

 

"I'm really thankful for the flowers but, it's also uncomfortable because sometimes..." My breath hitched for a moment as Jungkook leaned nearer to me, brushing away the few strands of hair that was flying due to the wind. I lost my cool for a moment and he chuckled while, gesturing for me to continue on. Taking a deep breath before I oblige to his request, I continued on with my initial plan.

 

" What I mean is, I'm not comfortable with the attention and there are a couple of times where you gave it to me in the campus. And you know how fast rumors travel in the campus and I would really like my life in campus can be peaceful as it can be ..." I frowned as I trailed off when, I noticed the smug look on Jungkook's face. He bursted into laughter after knowing that I caught him having a smug look and he brushed away the few tears he shed from laughing too much.

 

"I'm sorry, what did I missed on ?" I asked sarcastically with a frown decorating my face and he laughed a bit more before answering me, leaving me loss for words.

 

" And in conclusion, you just don't want me to pamper you and is not comfortable with everything going too fast, is it ?"

 

I gaped at him for a moment and he praised me on how cute I looked. Shaking my head to calm my nerves, I answered him short. " Kind of,"

 

The latter laughed even more as he twirled a pen in his right hand that he got from my pencil case, leaning at me for a moment to wink and leaned away almost immediately like he leaned in. Pinked cheeks were back at it again and I covered it because Jungkook would've teased when he saw it but, I was too slow and he poked playfully one of my cheeks with his other hand as he started another topic.

 

"Since, you feel so bad for me from buying you flowers..." He stopped talking as well as poking my cheek and gazed back into my eyes. His eyes turned into soft crescents and I almost melt into his stare. "How about, we go on a date ?" My mind went bleak as my lips opened and closed without any words forming. Jungkook smirked and slumped against his chair with crossed arms over his chest, eyebrows raised playfully at me.

 

"You do know what a date is, right ?" 

 

I scoffed. He was totally having fun teasing me and I retorted back at him with an 'I do'. Jungkook's smirk widened even more as he let out a grumble, telling me that he didn't believe me at all. It annoyed me, even more to be honest. Opening my notebook as I stole back the twirling pen in his hand, leaving him stunned for a moment. I smiled at the sight of it because it made me proud that I could make him speechless as well, as I tilted my head at him.

 

"Shall we do a progress on our project ?"

 

"We shall," The both of us smiled and focused on our work with me not answering his question about the date.

 

For the moment, I am just glad that he was this patient with me.

 

I swatted my hand over Yoongi's head while he was too busy on writing his music and he turned around, his face showed how painful it was as it contorted into an awful scowl with a pained yell of 'Oww'. I didn't give him my sympathy instead, I leaned against the wall with my eyes on the male who was currently on the ground of the rooftop with his music book and mp3 player sprawled around with him lying there. Both of us were not smiling but, it didn't last long as Yoongi realized why I was mad as he bursted into laughter with a hand tucked over his stomach.

 

"You told my family, idiot ! Did you know that my family had been calling me the whole day and kept on pestering me with multiple messages ? All of it almost accumulated to 100 and it's only from the three of them !" I squeaked at him as I grew anxious while, Yoongi kept a smug look on his face.

 

Then, I froze in spot with an automatic scowl when, I heard the familiar ringtone that I used specifically for my family while, Yoongi laughed even more. I could almost imagine the incoming headache that I would have for tomorrow for the next action that I will have to do. Fishing out the phone out of the right pocket of my jeans, I looked at the screen with the caller name of Taehyung.

 

I sighed and swiped the red icon, rejecting the call for the umpteenth time today. I send a message before any of my family members planned to call me again.

 

From : Beautiful World

Oppa, I'll tell you guys tomorrow, ok ? Today, has been a very very loooooong day ;(

 

Before I could put my phone on silent mode, the phone rang for one last time and Taehyung had send a message to reply. I read his message after putting the phone on silent mode and I let out a sigh, relieved that I was free from the burden for the moment.

 

From :  Tae Crae

Sure, dongsaeng. Just don't forget to tell us about that Jeon Jungkook guy ;( Mom and dad seems happy that you're finally interacting guys other than that vampire.

 

I smiled at Taehyung's protective instinct for me and I almost let out a yell when, Yoongi put his cap over my head, leaving me blind for a moment before I adjusted it. We walked out of the rooftop and went to the elevator as he grinned at me, showing his gums.

 

"Come on, I'll buy you dinner since, I started this mess," He said while snorting in between. Yoongi was totally having fun seeing me having a bit drama in my life. I glared at him and playfully punched him on the shoulder.

 

"You do know that I still want to strangle you, right ?" I asked as we walked towards the elevator with our bags. Yoongi paused for a moment as he put a finger onto his chin as if, he was thinking really hard. I turned around and he smirked when, he had my focus. Using his right hand to put it leveled to his eyes, "You do know that you have to at least be this tall to strangle me, right ?"

 

I scoffed and rolled my eyes. "I could still kill in your sleep, sprinkles," The latter laughed and made a face at me as if he was terrified by me. Both of us laughed as we entered the elevator.

 

"Should I call Eunji to eat with us ?" I playfully joked since, he was the one buying me food and I know how rarely he does that with the three of us together. Yoongi faked a laughed and retorted back.

 

"Hmm, should I call Jungkook to eat  with us ?"

 

And I shut my lips, making Yoongi win over me, his lips twitched upwards while I scowled in return.

 

I totally forgot that he was the spawn of the devil !

 

Author's Notes

Sorry for lagging in updating ;) I have been busy with sudoku and word search, heheh... Anyways, please subscribe and comment.. Good day and bye ;)

xoxo