34 mm (-3)

Him & Chapsticks

#Hey guys, subscribe & comment?haha, just started university life and I feel so alive XD Hope it stays that way though.

#Btw, good day or night? Buhbye -3-

 

It had been 3 days since that day.

 

It had been 3 days since I used the chapstick that Jungkook had given me.

 

My lips were dry as ever and my heart still squeezed painfully at every thought of Jungkook. That happened to be at every second of the day because my mind could only think of him.

 

I was intoxicated with the thoughts of him, thinking of why he had dumped me on our very first date.

 

I only ended up with one conclusion.

 

Jeon Jungkook had actually got tired of waiting for me after all this years of harboring feelings for me.

 

I understand though. I mean, who would actually fall for someone who is insecure as me?

 

I stared blankly at the ceiling above me, still wondering as to what had actually happened. Then, slowly I accepted the fact that I had been dumped by Jeon Jungkook as I softly sobbed into my favorite pillow that was still soaked from the tears that I shed from before.

 

For the past few days had been a repetition of me crying, sleeping and pondering over my failed date as I possibly try to actually live my life as normally as I could but since, I was actually free from other stress. I could only keep thinking of it and with that, I just kept staying in my room with the occasional slip out from my bedroom to take some snacks in the kitchen when I was actually really really hungry.

 

My phone buzzed in excitement as I totally ignored it, only wanting privacy to mend the broken pieces of my heart.

 

Just when I thought I could really trust him with all my heart, he smashed it into bits before I could properly give it to him.

 

I cried even more, tears trailing down to my pillow as I bit on my lower lip, feeling betrayed and sad. My heart squeezed painfully as I rested a hand over it, the material of my shirt that was covering my chest for a moment before opting to softly punch my chest, hating how much my heart hurts.

 

The desire to forget the pain that Jeon Jungkook had inflicted on me was so strong that I ignored the possible thought of myself getting physically hurt as well as the fact that the lower lip of my mouth was starting to bleed from the excessive biting to prevent myself from letting out the desperate cry that I barely surpressed to keep silent.

 

I stopped myself from crying for a moment when, I heard several knocks on the door. "What is it?" My voice sounded a bit hoarse as I put a hand over my throat, trying to soothe the pain and finally remembered that I hadn't drank water properly for the past few days.

 

Actually, I hadn't ate properly as well for the past few days.

 

"Don't you want to eat something, baby sister?" Taehyung asked softly as I noticed how he was shuffling his feet anxiously against the floor. My eyes brimmed all of the sudden, remembering how I got dumped over a date all over again and how I actually skipped dinner for the first time after such a long time. My feelings in a jumble again as I cried into my star shaped pillow, muffling my crying, ignoring my older brother who was on the other side of the door as well as the soft grumbling sound that was actually my own stomach.

 

Few moments later, I could feel my stinging eyes fluttering close as my breath became calmer as my body moved into a more comfortable position, falling into a deep slumber with my brother still standing outside of my bedroom.

 

***

 

My eyes fluttered open for a moment, hearing the sound of my bedroom door creaking open and I rubbed the sleepiness away from my swollen eyes. Both of my eyes having double vision for a moment, making me see two of Min Yoongi slipping inside my room and perfectly locked it back.

 

Seeing the worried face on my best friend's face, I couldn't help but bit on my lower lip again, feeling guilty for making him coming here when I noticed how unorganized he looked with his dress shirt untucked and mismatched socks. I bit back my laugh even with my heart still thumping hard against my ribcage, reminding me of my feelings for my Jeon Jungkook as I let out an accidental whine, hating how pathetic I really was right now.

 

Why did I had to meet my own best friend under these conditions?

 

I feel like I'm such a big burden.

 

"What happened, beautiful?" Yoongi piped up, discarding his jacket onto the floor that he had actually worn backwards as he crawled into my bed, almost immediately embracing me into his arms. I accidentally cried again, tears gushing out of my eyes as I hold tightly onto his dress shirt.

 

I hated so much this part of me.

 

The part of me that cries so easily for the people that I love dearly.

 

Why did I had to fall for hi- No!

 

Why did I made him wait for me for too long?

 

"I'm so stupid, sprinkles," I murmured lamely against Yoongi's chest, my hold on his shirt loosened as I let out a deep heavy sigh that came from the bottom of my heart. The male pursed his lips against the crown of my head as if he was confused by my words. "Why would you say that, Kim Saera?"

 

His voice strained from how I was calling myself stupid.

 

He hated it when I called myself stupid.

 

I leaned away from him quickly as I blinked away the tears, my eyes stung for the umpteenth time today. His eyes softened at the sight of me being so vulnerable as one of his hands went over my right cheek, his thumb brushed my cheek ever so softly. Crying even more at a memory of Jungkook comforting me, I pushed Yoongi's hand gently from my cheek. A half-lopsided smile settled on my face and I finally looked my best friend in the eyes. "But I am, sprinkles. Wasn't I always a second late from other people? Wasn't my hardwork before this was never enough? I'm never e-"

 

"Don't you ever say that!" The latter cutted me off, his right hand that was rubbing my back softly was gone as he put both of his hands onto my shoulders to shake my small figure. I pushed his hands away and leaned against the headboard of my bed while Yoongi mirrored me as well, holding onto my left hand as he let silence enveloped us.

 

"But it's true though," 

 

He just blew a raspberry and let go of my hand, palming his face with both of his hands for a moment before turning his head at me and I finally noticed the eyebags under his eyes. Clearing my throat, I raised a hand to touch his face but before I could, he had stood up as he paced around my bedroom and yelled out the few syllables that was on his mind after what I said. "It's not true, beautiful!" 

 

I flinched momentarily, softly opening my mouth to deny what he just said and immediately closed my mouth back when I saw his testing eyes. Yoongi walked towards my study table as he leaned against the table, one of his hands reaching for a photo frame that had a picture of the both of us before looking at me again. His eyes were lazy again and he smiled lamely.

 

"You've got to be one of the smartest girl I've known, beautiful as well as hardworking and kind. You deserve the world for that and for you to have the world, you need to meet up with him and learn about the truth and I know, that there is a part of you that wants to know about the truth too, right?" He folded his arms over his chest after putting the photo frame to where it was as he smacked his lips together, letting the information slowly get digested by me. When it did, I quickly met eyes with him as tears were already b in my eyes and I shook my head with my heart's content, not wanting to meet him. From the back of my mind, I could just imagine my heart cracking even more, still not ready to meet the man that I was so in love with.

 

"I'm not ready to meet him yet, sprinkles. I fell for him, oppa!" I let out weakly, my voice cracked at the end as I cried into my hands. I hiccuped as I cried and Yoongi's soft smile fell when he heard my confession. He shuffled his feet against the floor, getting nearer to me and the spot beside me dipped, signaling that he was sitting beside me. The only thing I could hear for the moment was only the sound of his calm breathing as well as the sound of myself crying again. Forcing myself to stop crying, I wiped the last few tears as my eyes stung and I glanced at my best friend.

 

His jaw was tensed before Yoongi looked at me, his eyes showing how shocked he really was.

 

"What?"

 

I pathetically chuckled as I rested my head over Yoongi's tensed shoulder, "I fell in love with Jeon Jungkook and I was actually ready for us to be something more than just being friends. I was ready for it to happen and he never came, sprinkles. I'm j-just not ready to see him in my state right now." I wheezed as I uttered the words, my nose flared a bit, trying to stop myself from crying and I could feel my eyes started to sting again.

 

Yoongi's shoulders deflated a bit and my head rested more comfortably on his right shoulder, my left hand going to the long sleeve of his dress shirt, playing with it.

 

"You actually fell for him?" His voice sounded uncertain, his right hand clutching on my left hand that was playing with his long sleeve, preventing me to be distracted.

 

Letting out a sad laugh, I answered him back. "Yes and right now, I actually wished that I never went to the convenience store that night."

 

"Why?"

 

He asked me again and I bit on my dry lower lip, wanting to tear the dry skin of my lower lip but somehow, I didn't. I let out a shaky breath, wriggling my fingers as I thought of all the reasons as well as all the memories, making me want to cry again. Shoving my right hand into one of the pockets of my sweatpants, I got out the chapstick that Jungkook gave me.

 

Twirling it in my hand, I told Yoongi of all the reasons.

 

"If I never went there that night, I would've never received this stupid chapstick. If it wasn't for Mr. Nam, we wouldn't be this close to each other. I would never know about his little crush on me. I would never know about my little attraction that I had for him would grow with every second we talked.Things wouldn't change so much. I would still be the same plain Saera who was still clueless about love. We wouldn't have kiss. Then, no one would get hurt because none of this would happened,"

 

I let out desperate yell at the end, throwing the chapstick away, trying to aim it to the trashcan that was near to my bathroom but it just ended up falling from my grasp and fell onto my best friend's left leg.

 

"You're so wrong, beautiful," Yoongi softly laughed, grabbing the fallen chapstick and looked over it. When he was finished with it, he put it at my nightstand, knowing I would attempt to throw it again before he continued with his words.

 

"If the both of you are fated for each other, there will always be another way. As much as I want to only support you right now, beautiful. I really think you should meet him. Jungkook is hurting too, you know."

 

"What happened to him?" My voice squaked, worried of his wellbeing. My best friend smirked momentarily and combed my hair.

 

"You, not wanting to meet him is making him hurt and you should really listen to his reason, Kim Saera. He has a reasonable one, I promise,"

 

"If it's so reasonable then, why don't you tell me yourself," I snapped at him, feeling annoyed that all of them were asking for me to meet the latter.

 

Even Taehyung, who was not really fond of Jungkook was asking me to meet him as well.

 

It was starting to get annoying, how they were forcing me to meet him when they were only giving me vague answers.

 

"I don't thin-"

 

"Just spill it out, sprinkles! I don't have the energy to think of answers. I need the answer right now!" I cutted him off, tears were starting to spill out again from my eyes as I softly rubbed my swollen eyes. Yoongi sighed, rubbing his eyebags tiredly, knowing I was getting agitated by people forcing me without any valid reason presented to me.

 

My best friend continued to comb my hair and grazed the skin of my left hand with his thumb before continuing with his words, rendering me speechless moments later.

 

"If it weren't for Jungkook, you might've been hurt by Kim Yeonghwan that night,"