40 mm

Him & Chapsticks

#Ack.... OMG, BTS' anniversary is around the corner and so.. I'm planning to make another special chapter. I was planning to make a chapter on the Saekook couple as well Yoongi's relationship. The special chapter would only focus on the two couples. Well, I was planning that but I can still accept any ideas from you guys. Just comment any ideas for the special chapter and I'll try to make it happen if, I have any other idea about it. Ohkay ?

#Anyways, subscribe & comment ?

#Good day & night ? Buhbye -3-

 

The day looked fine.

 

The weather was great.

 

I was all alone at home without an older brother to yap me about my social skills.

 

It was the perfect combination for me to just be lazy for a few hours of me playing sudoku or read a book while listening to music.

 

Except, Min Yoongi didn't know that.

 

"You're seriously playing sudoku in your home by yourself ?"

 

"Oh my God!" I yelped out loud, surprised to suddenly hear someone speaking directly into my ear that was not plugged with an earplug. Startled to death, Yoongi's whispering had resulted me into falling onto the floor with a loud bump. I groaned out of pain, rubbing my sore bottom as I glared at the mint hair, annoyed by him. Yoongi snickered cheekily at me and plopped himself onto the couch while, I stood up again as I pulled out the earplug on my right ear, putting it on the coffee table along with my favorite sudoku book.

 

I always had a habit of hearing music with only one earplug stucked into one of my ears.

 

Crossing my arms grumpily over my chest, my best friend gave me a lopsided grin as he shifted his weight on the couch to face me, "You should really learn to go outside and interact with more people, beautiful," I scoffed, offended by him as I throw one of the pillows that was on the couch, perfectly hitting him on the face. Yoongi faked a groan as if he was in pain and moments later, he was smiling as he laughed, noticing how deadpanned I looked when he was acting like that.

 

"Same goes to you, sprinkles," I retorted back, making him laugh, his gums showing and my lips twitched in return but I puckered my lips, not wanting to smile that easily in front of him.

 

Not after what he pulled on me.

 

I hate surprise attacks.

 

And he knows that very very well.

 

"Touchè, beautiful," I plopped myself right beside him and leaned against him. Yoongi's body relaxed, mirroring me as well by resting his head over my head, locking our hands together, appreciating the silence for the moment.

 

Both of us knowing, the day that Yoongi had anticipated was nearing.

 

Both of us knowing, that I was not really fond of the idea of myself maybe losing him but I still supported it because it was his dream.

 

No matter what happens, I'll always support him.

 

He knows that.

 

I know that.

 

There was an unspoken agreement between the both of us to not talk about the unavoidable future that it held for the both of us.

 

"So, what brings you here?" I chimed instead, softly nuzzling my nose into his shoulder blade, my head nestling perfectly on his shoulder because it was obvious, Yoongi had used the extra key that I had given him to enter my apartment. He laughed and brought our locked hands to his lips to kiss the back of my hand. I silently cringed at the contact and couldn't help but to want Jungkook to do it instead.

 

"Well, Jungkook is busy helping his friend from Busan moving into his apartment while he kicked us out. Namjoon and Hoseok planned on going to sauna together to just sleep and be lazy. I plannned to compose more songs today but my boss told me to have a break for today because tomorrow, we would have to look around the stage to prepare our gig properly so, here I am, beautiful,"

 

I pouted, hearing that Jungkook wouldn't be able to join us and I sighed. Nuzzling my body even more to his, I pursed my lips into a firm thin line before speaking up, putting Jeon Jungkook at the back of my mind.

 

"Your boss was right though. You should really rest,"

 

Yoongi chuckled, knowing how obsessed I was on how much he should rest. "You know how bad I am at resting when I have loads of ideas to write on," His voice above a whisper as he told me so, wriggling his finger playfully against my fingers making me chuckle out of pain. Yoongi innocently grinned and I could feel my heart squeezed agonizingly slow at his words, striking a soft spot without himself knowing.

 

"You should learn it. I already mastered it," I said, feeling sad for a moment as I let my hand free from his, sighing at the thought of writing and I leaned away from him very slowly. Yoongi gasped softly under his breath as he sat straight on the couch, just realising the damage he had done and scooted nearer towards me. His right arm softly brushing against my left arm, his body tensed, nervous on how I was going to handle this because the last time I remembered, I became a crying mess only at the thought of never having the chance to be an author.

 

I really do miss writing ...

 

Yoongi saw the daze look on my face and softly clasped our hands together again, testing me as his eyes were plastered on my face. His thumb brushing the back of my hand ever so softly, comforting me and I could feel tears b in my eyes. I blew a raspberry, wanting to forget that old buried dream as I glanced away from the mint hair, brushing the tears away that were at the brink of falling down.

 

Not wanting to start any drama.

 

All of it was in the past.

 

No need for any drama again.

 

"You miss writing?" He murmured softly.  I lamely smiled at no one in particular, feeling sad but it was my choice to give in to my parent's choices. No one was at fault here.

 

Just fate playing it's charms.

 

"I do but I have to move on, sprinkles,"

 

I whispered, bringing our linked hands to my left cheek, grazing my skin subtlety, flashing another weak smile that assured him that I was totally fine with not achieving my own dream. Yoongi puckered his lips in relief, a smile was aching to settle on his face when I noticed the ends of his lips twitching upwards. I noticed the way his body relaxed again as he raised his other arm to ruffle my hair, making me stare at Yoongi in awe, appreciating how caring he really was.

 

"So, what were you planning to do today other than playing sudoku, miss brainy ?" He immediately shifted the topic as he retrieved his hand back, not wanting me to have a second more with the thought of myself not being an author.

 

I was a wreck when I first learned that I was going to be a lawyer instead, of being an author.

 

He knew what a wreck I used to be.

 

Grinning, I wriggled my fingers that were locked with Yoongi's, making him chuckle, bringing our locked hands to his lips to kiss the back of my hand again as reassurance.

 

I smiled before leaning my head on his shoulder again, playing with his fingers as I answered him. "Well, I was planning to do chocolate croissants for Namjoon and Hoseok,"

 

I stopped for a moment, wanting to look at the mint hair's expression, knowing he would be jealous that I was doing his favorite pastry for someone else. Laughing, I tried to capture the picture of my best friend being grumpy like this, wanting to keep a memory of Yoongi being so jealous over some chocolate croissants embedded in my mind, I tightened my hold on his hand and stucked my tongue out playfully at him. "I'm going to make some for you too, sprinkles. I know how much you love it but, I still need to buy the ingredients first before making it,"

 

He smiled in glee after knowing he would get another new set of chocolate croissants for himself as well. With his gums showing, Min Yoongi was so happy that he had ultimately jumped onto his feet, almost making me fall as I stood up as well, continuously tugging on our locked hands, he brought the both of us out of my apartment and locked the door.

 

"Let's go now !" Yoongi said excitedly and I laughed, feeling happy again, forgetting about my own buried dream.

 

Tears sprang in my eyes as I thought of the decrease in time we would be spending on each other after, Yoongi get his dream job.

 

***

 

I closed the oven after putting the croissants into it to bake. I happily let out a 'done' to myself as I applauded for my own work since, Yoongi didn't help me that much.

 

He just sat on my favorite stool and watched me do the work.

 

Typical Min Yoongi.

 

Sighing slightly, I went to the sink to wash my hands properly with my back facing the mint hair who was currently looking at the closed oven, excited to eat it when it's finished.

 

"Sprinkles, could you keep the flour in the cabinet ?" I asked and he immediately let out an affirmative sure as he jumped down the stool to put the flour to where it was.

 

"Also, be careful with it. If you put too much pressure on the packet..." I paused for a moment, forgetting the word to describe it as I closed the tap. Wiping my hands on a towel, I finally remembered the word but it was too late before I could properly warn him. 

 

Turning around to face the latter, I found an even paler Yoongi since his face was covered with flour. My best friend only awkwardly smiled before, erupting into a coughing fit, flour coming out from his mouth as I laughed.

 

Flashing a lopsided smile at me, he put the pack of flour back onto the counter, glaring at the inanimate object as if it was the flour's fault. I laughed even more at that sight as I brushed away the happy tears, "Whatever, let's just clean this and one of us could actually need a shower," 

 

I and Yoongi immediately let out a fake laugh, his face unamused by my teasing, making me laugh even more as I kneeled down to clean up the mess. Using only my hands, I collected the spilled flour as much as I could and put it into a plate that Yoongi had gave to me. The latter sat in front of me as he quietly looked at me who was cleaning up the mess.

 

I guess, Yoongi had rested well yesterday because he's being so cheeky today.

 

As I properly cleaned the floor, the latter had the nerve to annoy me by blowing some flour that I collected from before, directly into my face. The mint hair laughed, his head fell back and I whined out loud, annoyed. Coughing as I whined, I opted to have some fun of my own as I dumped the plate of flour onto the laughing Yoongi. Min Yoongi had stopped laughing as he started to cough instead due to the flour that entered his parted mouth, making me laugh in return as I slowly stood up, knowing I might be in danger of his wrath.

 

I was right as I noticed him getting a can of whipped cream from the refrigerator, walking fast towards my way with a naughty glint in his eyes.

 

Then, I finally ran for my life with a laughing best friend hot on my tails.

 

***

 

"Why are you making croissants for Hoseok and Namjoon, again?" Yoongi asked tiredly. I glanced sideways at him and nervously grinned, letting silence enveloped us for the moment. Both of us tired from playing too much as we sat on the flour of the kitchen that was covered by flour and whipped cream. Mustering up the courage, I finally answered him. "Just because I promised them that I'll make it for them,"

 

"Why?" He prodded even more and I stucked my tongue at him, knowing that he was being jealous. The mint hair only pouted and scooped up some whipped cream that was on the floor, putting it onto my hair, getting his revenge. I scoffed and throw some flour to his face again, making both of us laughing again before I let myself lean against his shoulder again.
 

"They're my friends too, sprinkles.."

 

I chimed as I let our fingers laced together and he tightened our hold. Nuzzling his nose into my hair, he finally mumbled. His voice cracked as he said it, "I'll miss doing this together, beautiful," Fluttering my eyes closed, I let out a shaky breath as I feel myself wanting to cry. I wriggled and played with his fingers, not wanting to think of us not being best friends anymore.

 

"Me too, sprinkles. Even if we slowly fall apart,you'll always be the best best friend I've never had,"

 

Yoongi chuckled as he asked me, "More than Eunji?"

 

"Of course you are," I scoffed, pinching his shoulder with my free hand, earning a playful groan from him. I rolled my eyes, knowing well that he was only faking it and Yoongi flashed a gummy grin at me before, resting his head over mine. "Same goes to me too, beautiful,"

 

I smiled before letting him know what was I was so afraid of, "But I don't think I could ever let go of our friendship, sprinkles. Ours is one of a kind. Too precious to let go of," The mint hair painfully chuckled, his hand squeezed mine, letting me know that he was afraid of it as well. He let himself nuzzled my hair with his nose, his hand squeezing my hand even more as if it was reassurance.

 

"Hopefully we won't, beautiful. Hopefully we won't...." Yoongi trailed on his words before, speaking up again.

 

"If we did however, just remember of sugar and sprinkles,"

 

I smiled while he kissed me on the crown of my head. "The journey was sweet and I wouldn't have it in any other way," I chanted the same old words that Yoongi had once told me. Squeezing his hand in return, I reminded him of another one too.

 

"If we did,sprinkles. Just remember of beautiful world," He chuckled as he slowly whispered the words into my ear, making me cringed since I was a bit ticklish and a bit sensitive with my ears. "There's always a small light in the darkness of the world even if it's tough,"

 

"Even if it's tough," I laughed as I repeated it, tears sprang in my eyes as I squeezed his hand again, not wanting to change anything about us but it was going to change. Yoongi was going to be his own star and it might never be the same again. Without myself wanting, I was crying in Yoongi's arms as he tried to comfort me, his arms around my body. His right hand at my back, comforting me as I sobbed even more. Moments later, Min Yoongi was crying as well as both of us clung to each other, hoping that we would never be separated.

 

I'll surely miss moments like this with Min Yoongi.

 

#OMG, why did I made this chapter so dramatic T^T......