58 mm

Him & Chapsticks

1.02 a.m. 

 

Well, it was fun until, Min Yoongi took the chance to want me to suffer.

 

Why are you sugar and sprinkles again, Min Yoongi ? You're just a devil in disguise. Well, when I think about it, I was the one who offered the game of spin the bottle mixed with truth or truth. It was obvious that, I was the idiot.

 

"Kim Saera, so, have you ever had your first kiss yet ?" Eunji asked me with the help of my childhood friend. I flushed under their gazes as I fidgeted around in my chair. I looked towards my left and I immediately looked towards the right when, that music lover of my friend was grinning up to his eyes but looked down after, I meet eyes with Jungkook's. His eyes were dark and unrecognizable that sent shivers down my spine. I stayed quiet for a moment as well as the others but, it didn't last long.

 

"Answer her,"

 

All of us raised our eyes to look at Jeon Jungkook. We were all surprised especially me, since, Jungkook was never a pushover as we all know it so, why now ? He leaned over the table to get nearer to me and his eyes hold my gaze as I stayed in tact in my place, completely frozen.

 

"Answer her," He whispered dangerously low and I obliged to him as I shook my head slowly with cheeks flushed from embarrassment. Immediately, the ends of his lips twitched while, the other two howled in laughter like the two idiots they were. I slumped into my chair and covered my face with my long hair.

 

Saying that I was only embarrassed was an understatement. It was more than that.

 

2.02 a.m.

 

The party had ended half an hour ago while, Min Yoongi was bugging me to let him sleep in the apartment as well like, Eunji had done (She was asleep already when, I realized it). I grumbled again as I put my hair in a ponytail while,walking towards the front door to open it.

 

"No, sprinkles! You can't sleep he-" I stopped talking when, I realized that it was apparently Jeon Jungkook who was leaning against my doorway instead of Min Yoongi. I immediately flushed while, he raised an eyebrow up with a smile plastered onto his face.

 

"Sprinkles ?"

 

"It's Yoongi's nickname. Would you like to come in ?"

 

"Actually, I was wondering if, you want to drink upstairs at the rooftop ?" He said instead as he showed me a bottle of honey lemon tea that was intended for me,shoving it into my hands. I laughed for a moment and smiled at him, thankful for the drink and tilted my head playfully.

 

"Is there anything important you want to talk about ?"

 

"Maybe ..." He playfully answered as he drawled out on the syllables of that one word while, shrugging his shoulders. Smiling, I grabbed for my apartment keys and a jacket as I locked the door the moment I stepped outside of it. It was okay, I guess, since, Eunji was sleeping as well.

 

"Shall we ?" Jungkook smiled and answered me back with a 'We shall' then, we went to the rooftop by the elevator. Smiles in tact on both of our faces.

 

"I was wondering something actually," He asked the moment he closed the door behind him that leads to the rooftop and I turned around while, sipping on my honey lemon tea for a bit.

 

I tilted my head while asking, "What is it ?"

 

"What is your relationship with Yoongi hyung ?" He asked and followed me to the opposite corner of where Yoongi and I usually hang out. We sat on the ground before, I casually answered him.

 

"We're childhood friends and he's my older brother's best friend. Why did you ask ?"

 

Jungkook shrugged his shoulders, "Sometimes, you guys looked way more than just friends ,"

 

"It does,doesn't it," I uttered under my breath while, laughing as I thought of my friendship with Yoongi. It made me smile because our friendship was very valuable for me. I continued on my words as I looked at Jungkook.

 

"But, it's true. We are just best friends. We complete each other like how soulmates does but ours are more towards the friendship type of thing," I said while, I clasped my hands together showing how close Yoongi and I were. Jungkook chuckled and leaned towards me for a moment to put a strand of my hair away. Finally, he motioned me to continue on but, I sighed for a moment. "The relationship we had was so special that sometimes, it ruined the relationships that Yoongi had because his ex-girlfriends never understood us. They always thought that the both of us would fall for each other sooner or later because he always calls me beautiful, but the problem was, we think of each other as brother and sister. Nothing more, nothing less,"

 

I finally ended my words while, flailing my arms around in the air, earning another chuckle from him.

 

"Wow, for a girl who has a hard time talking to guys. You sure do talk a lot when you start to get close to them,don't you ?"

 

"I guess so,"

 

"I think I have to agree with Yoongi hyung," He suddenly murmured and I had a hard time hearing him but I did in the end while, he leaned nearer to me as he looked at my face well, mostly my lips. I leaned away from him as I fanned my cheeks, feeling hot.

 

"About what ?"

 

"You are beautiful," I laughed as he eyed me, my cheeks were slowly turning color to a darker shade of red. Flustered than ever, I fidgeted nervously. It was rare for me hear compliments because I usually, avoid hearing people compliment on me.

 

Blowing a raspberry, I tried to reject the idea of him thinking that I was pretty, "You're just saying that. Look at me, I have pimples and I barely reach 160 cm. Guys don't look at girls like me,"

 

"Well,not every guy. Some guys don't care pimples because it'll fade soon and some people have a thing for petite girls because apparently, they're adorable. And you, Kim Saera need to open your eyes more properly because not every guy is like that." He said. His eyes were dark once again. Jungkook had leaned nearer to me in that time that I could almost feel his breath on my face, our nose almost inches apart and if, he or I make another move, we could've kissed. Blushing, I leaned away from him while, clearing my throat. "So, I'm asking you this, Kim Saera. What if, theoretically, a guy like me likes you ?"

 

My breath hitched for a moment while, he put a hand on my neck, forcing me to leaned back nearer to him like it was. I closed my eyes for a moment to think clearly but, I was not hearing it wrong. It was true and this was not a movie. It was happening for real. My eyes opened and he waited for my words, waited for just anything to kill the silence that was hanging in the air. And I did just that.

 

"Jeon Jungkook, are you confessing right now ?"

 

Jungkook smiled and bit onto his lips for a moment before, letting it go to answer my question.

 

"What if, I am ?"

 

Author's Notes

Oh.My.God....Did I really just did that ? O.o...Hahah,what do you guys thing will happen in the next chapter ? Tell me about your opinions. I would love to know what you guys think of it. Please do subscribe and comment ;) Anyways, good day and bye ;)

xoxo