19 mm (New Beginning)

Him & Chapsticks

"Thanks, oppa,"

 

Giggling as I played with the strands of my short hair as I looked around the park, feeling energized as the wind brushed against my skin as if it was teasing me, seeing several groups of people having picnics around the park. My brother chuckled from the other line and I heard some Kpop song blasting through the speaker of my phone along with his other friends chattering. He was apparently at some study group, according to what he said. He questioned, hearing how I giggled from prior, "You're that happy ?"

 

I nodded my head, eyes falling to the daffodil in my left hand as I brought it to my nose, enjoying the scent of it, momentarily forgetting about my brother who was still waiting for a vocal answer from me. My eyes fluttering closed naturally, taking a whiff of it even more, loving the smell of it and I barely heard him clearing his throat. The ends of my lips curling, glancing at my legs which were free from the usual skinny jeans I wore. Instead, I was wearing some thin leggings and a dress over my figure. The dress was courtesy from Taehyung who had posted it from Daegu, arriving at my apartment just yesterday. I twirled around once more, liking how my simple pink sundress smoothly swayed to my petite figure.

 

"Earth to Saera?" I quickly snapped out of it, stopping myself from twirling around again, noticing how people were beginning to look at me as if I was crazy. Dumbly scratching my head, I bowed my head at them and quickly walked away from the spot as I answered Taehyung, "Yeah, oppa," He laughter rang through the speaker of my phone and I couldn't help but let out a small chuckle, noticing  how carefree it was. My eyes softened, seeing how the blue sky was and my heart tightened at the thought of my family in Daegu. My steps becoming slower at that one thought.

 

I missed them.

 

I quietly sighed by myself, pulling away a bit from my phone to avoid myself being caught by my own brother. Afterwards, there was silence between us and he finally broke it again, worried that I had ended the call. "So...You are happy?" My lips automatically formed a smile, there was a bounce in every step I did as I neared my destination, seeing Jungkook's back from where I was, "Yup, totally," My pace fastening as well as my heart did, seeing how he was wearing a green plaid shirt over his white shirt, donned with some loose jeans and his black sneakers. I could feel the wind gently kissing over my skin as if they were encouraging me to get there faster, where to Jeon Jungkook was.

 

"I wished I had video called you, instead," Taehyung piped up, softly laughing at the panting sound I was making as I beginning to jog. Frowning, I questioned Kim Taehyung, eyes still on Jungkook who was too busy looking at the children playing at the swings. "Why would you?"

 

"It's been awhile since, I last saw your smile. It's thanks to that Jeon freaking Jungkook."

 

My legs stopped moving, eyes softening at the sight of Jungkook helping a kid standig up after falling, my lips curling at the relief sigh my old brother let out. I chuckled, beginning to move again as I reasoned with Taehyung, noticing there was still a hint of hostility in his baritone voice.

 

"Well, it's not only because of him that I'm smiling per say...."

 

"Really ?" He popped out the words, the Kpop song slowly dissappearing into the background as the sound of his footsteps grew louder and there was the sound of a rustic door opening and closing with the occasional sound of twigs breaking under his shoes, signifying he was all alone and outside by himself.

 

"Yeah, I mean.. You and Eunji are a couple now, sprinkles is on his tour now. I'm finally going on a real date. Everything is kind of okay," I let out, the words totally slipping so smoothly that I didn't think twice over my choice of words.

 

"Kind of?"

 

I silently groaned by myself, having the biggest urge to just slap myself on the face but I cant even do that with my right hand holding onto the phone while, the other one carefully held the lone flower of daffodil. Mind naturally flying to the event from the last time I spent with Yoongi.

 

"Beautiful," He went silent again when we met eyes, cautiously on his lower lip before speaking up again, "Are you happy with everyhing now?"

 

His eyes boring holes into mine and I smiled almost confusingly, not sure how to react as I leave a kiss on our interlaced hands before answering. I laughed, glancing at the yellow hue on the sky as I laid my head on his shoulder. "I think I am," Smiling, I tightened my hand over his and enjoyed the view of the rising sun. I could feel his eyes still boring at the crown of my head before resting his head over mine, our hands clasped together as he squeezed on it.

 

"The hairband, it looks beautiful on you,"

 

"It's nothing too hard to handle. I can fix it," I hesitantly touch on the hairband I wore, falling to the ring was on my finger. The engravement strikingly obvious under the sun as I trailed it with my eyes, forming the two letters - YB - as a lump grows in my throat, having a terrible thought about it somehow.

 

Hopefully...

 

I could already imagine the disapproval look on his face, his lips that were usually in a square smile, were pursed into a thin line as new lines covered his face, portraying as frowns. "Oppa, I gotta go. Jungkook is waiting for me and I want to surprise him," I stated after clearing my throat, my eyes sparkling at the figure that was merely inches away, praying he wouldn't turn at the last minute.

 

"Whatever, goodbye baby sister," Just as Taehyung stopped talking, Jungkook turned around on cue as if he knew all along that I was there. A bright smile rested on his handsome face and I felt my heart almost jumping out of my ribcage from the way his eyes were on me, examining me from head to toe. 

 

"Goodbye," I quickly bid Taehyung a farewell before shoving the electronic device into my small printed flower sling bag, not noticing there was a small buzz on my phone, signifying a new message. Jungkook's smile was still present as he moved closer towards me, the distance between us shortening as he softly piped up, stopping in front of me. There was still some distance between us but it was good enough for the both of us to talk. 

 

"Hey, there,"

 

"Hi," His eyes soft as he observed me and I tried to be nonchalant as I can be, holding on the daffodil behind my back, almost as if I was mirroring Jungkook, noticing that he had the same pose.

 

"You made it this time," I teased and he softly whinced under his breath, snapping out of his trance as he looked away for a moment before staring right into my soul, noticing how sorry he looked. I smiled in understanding, knowing it was not his fault. Suddenly, I remembered the bruise he got from Yeonghwan and my eyes went over his features, heart dropping into the pit of my stomach at the bruise. Although the bruise was less noticeable now, it still made me guilty. It was my fault too, somehow. I chuckled, smiling at his way, reassuring him that it was okay. Taking a step nearer as I took a deep breath, my eyes fluttered close as I mustered the courage, bringing the flower in front of me while he mimed my actions effortlessly as well. Both of us not noticing each other. We finally opened our eyes when we cut off each other.

 

"It's fo-"

 

"For y-"

 

Both of us smiled, both flowers falling to the ground and I took a step nearer towards him, ignoring the people who were giving stink eyes at us as I threw my arms around his waist. The faint smell of his cologne hitting my nose, my lips curling even more as I watched him through my lashes.

 

"Our new chapter in life," He murmured before resting his lips over my forehead and we smiled even more. I pulled away, putting my daffodil int the pocket of his plaid shirt while, Jungkook tucked his behind my right ear. He smiled as he flattened my bangs and I playfully glared back. His two bunny teeth showing before he pecked me on the lips, eyes softening at the sight of me. "Gorgeous,"

 

I smiled, hands landing on his heeks to squash them together, giggling seeing how he went cross-eyed, praising him in return, "Handsome guy," He laughed, his lips still pursed in front of me and I wondered, my heart jumping just a little bit as I sighed blissfully.

 

Did I save a country in my past life?

 

"Your one and only," He whispered, lips still pursed in front of me and I let my hands fall from his face, red painting my cheeks.

 

"My one and only," I tested the words, looking downwards. My eyes noticing how my sandal clad feet were smaller than his sneakers covered ones. My ears perked up at the sound of him chuckling despite the loud cheering of childrens and families chattering around. Our eyes met instantly as I raised my head and I felt butterflies fluttering in my stomach, noticing the small distance between us. I almost thought he would kiss me when he leaned forward, his mint breath hitting my nostrils except he didn't. Jungkook only leaned closer to flash the gentlest smile I had ever seen as he put his hand over my right hand, squuezing my it as he asked me.

 

"Let's go, shall we?" He tilted his head as he did so. His bangs falling over his eyes and I nodded my head in answer, giggling at how our hands were laced together. Both of us walked side by side, hands clutched together as we head to a cafe for lunch. We, somehow ended up at the cafe that I had been stood up on our supposedly first date. Just as we pushed the door to enter, Jungkook had pulled me to the side of the cafe, letting other people to enter first. I frowned, noticing the worried glances he was giving me.

 

"This was the place that we promised to meet on our first date," He said it as if, I didn't knew that. I unknowingly smirked, letting go of his hand and stood by my toes to level my eyes with his. Thankfully, he was quick to cooperate by bending his knees and I rolled my eyes at him teasing my height, noticing the little quirks at the end of his lips.

 

"It's okay, Jungkook oppa,"  I mused up, jokingly punched him on the shoulder before grabbing on his hand as we entered the small cafe shop, welcomed by the same waiter who had done his job on the very night I got stood up. I only flashed a soft smile at the waiter as I walked side by side with Jeon Jungkook and headed to a corner where we could enjoy the view from outside as well as the plasma screen that hang from the barista counter.

 

"Honestly, I have a love hate relationship at the idea of you wearing a dress," He stated almost instantly after the waiter gave us the menus and walked away to give us some time to choose. I raised an eyebrow, putting the menu back and focus on Jungkook.

 

"Why?"

 

He smirked, glancing at the menu for one last time before putting the menu away, resting his head over his propped hands,"As much as you looked pretty in it and I'm loving it... I can see how uncomfortable you are from the way you keep pulling on your dress," I gaped at him, surprised to know that he had noticed me tugging on my dress.

 

"Next time, just wear clothes that you're comfortable in. I like the way you are, already." He said with the tilt of his head, winking at me one last time before focusing on the menu just as the waiter came towards our table.

 

 ♢♡♢

 

We finally finished eating at the cafe, heading out to the streets again as we walked side by side. Our hands brushing against each other, almost blushing at the knowing glances that Jeon Jungkook had given me before linking our hands together. At that, I fanned myself and squeezed our hands togther, looking at the street instead of him, biting back a smile as we enjoyed the summer breeze kissing our skins and we somehow stumbled into a small shop. I presumed, it was an antique shop as the shop had a rustic feeling to it. I unknowingly let go of Jungkook's hand, walking around the premises with Jungkook tailing me. My right hand went over the items, eyes bouncing to every corner of the shop, amazed by the quantity of the antique items and how well-kept they were. I stopped in front of a collection of old sunglasses, a small mirror situated at the centre of the hanged sunglasses. I grabbed on one of it and wore over my face, covering my eyes. Giggling, I took another one and turned around to put it over Jungkook's eyes. He hummed by himself, head bending down to see his reflection. Jungkook grinned, his bunny teeth showing. His head turn sideways and I bit back a smile, perfectly seeing the red tinted oval glasses on his handsome face.

 

"You look cute, gorgeous," I flushed, ignoring the adoring look on his face as I looked into the mirror, seeing my reflection in the mirror who was donned with a normal round sunglasses. Just as I brought my hand to take the glasses off, a kiss came out of nowhere, landing on my right cheek before Jungkook walked away with a small grin on his face.

 

"Don't. I'm paying for both of these," 

 

Pursing my lips, I looked into the mirror and properly wear my sunglasses. A smile fleeted over my face as a hand rested over my right cheek, my face flushing and I felt butterflies fluttering in my stomach as I walked out of the shop with Jungkook when he was done paying it. I clasped my hands with him as we exited the shop, urging him to follow me, saying that I knew a photobooth nearby, wanting pictures of our first date. He softly chuckled, letting himself being dragged by me into a photobooth around a corner, situated just outside a camera shop.

 

I quickly insert a few wons, just enough to have a 6 set picture where we could split into 3 afterwards. Choosing a background that the both of us liked, we started to pose as the screen in front of us cued in the numbers. The first one being a normal picture of us, showing a peace sign with both of our hands. The second one being  a picture of him giving me a backhug while, the third one was a picture us making some faces while he still backhugged me, the sunglasses still on. The fourth was of me throwing an arm around Jungkook's neck, pulling him down. The fifth one was a picture of him gagging as if, he was choking.

 

The last one, happened to be my favorite. A picture of me kissing him on the left cheek, leaving him being dumbfounded with eyes wide.

 

 ♢♡♢

 

"Stop it," I whispered yelled at him, seeing how he was till playing with the glasses despite the dark sky looming over us as he closely inspect on me, showering with all kinds of praises as if I was a kid. He ignored my plea, throwing his arms around my waist after having himself behind me. We walked like that, his figure towering over my small one and I felt as if I was protected from any harm. My heart skipping a beat at how familiar this feels. It reminded me the time of when I told him about Yeonghwan.

 

Thank you, Jeon Jungkook.

 

"What are you thinking about, gorgeous ?" He whispered into my right ear, squeezing me as he did so. I giggled, turning my head a bit, having the biggest urge to just kiss him on those irresistible lips of his and Jungkook somehow maneuvered us around the crowd to the end of the street where less people were there. He had let go of me and I pulled away, noticing the gentle look in his eyes and I smiled. He raised an eyebrow, leaning forward and my breath almost hitched, for a second thinking that he would kiss me. I stopped myself from moving away from him but just as his lips almost touched mine, he winked at me before tucking the flying hair behind my right ear, noticing the sunglasses were resting on his head, just above his fluffy bangs.  "You still haven't noticed that we reached your building, didn't you?"

 

My smile faltered, blood rushing to my cheeks as I slightly looked at my right. Turns out, he was telling the truth and I nervously chuckled, scratching the non-existent itch on my head as I tried my best not to just melt into a puddle of water at the humiliation I felt. Gingerly pointing a finger to my building, I lamely punched him on the shoulder and quickly murmured some words under my breath. My mind completely failing for me at this particular time. "Uh, bye, Jun- wait, it's oppa,"

 

I groaned, facepalming myself as I began to shuffle against the ground, bidding farewell to Jeon Jungkook, "Bye, oppa," My voice almost quaking, earning stink-eyes from people and I headed almost immediately into the building. I heard how Jungkook chuckled softly from behind me before I felt him tugging on my wrist, just as I reached the stairs that lead to the lobby of my building. Automatically, I turned around, falling into Jungkook's chest and I felt him kissing at the crown of my head. "Why the rush ?"

 

"But... I thought, you want me gone ?" I asked innocently,eyes looking through my lashes and my voice barely heard by Jungkook with my lips against his plaid shirt. He chuckled, brushing away my bangs as he pulled me away from his shoulder, leeaning forward. His eyes soft and I smiled back, pulling on his glasses to avoid direct eye contact. He chuckled, noticing my red cheeks as he brushed both of his thumbs over thems, resting his forehead against mine.

 

"When have I wanted you gone ?"

 

"You didn't," I smiled even more and he shook his head, his hair bouncing and shimmering underneath the moonlight. His features looking so strikingky handsome that it almost pained me to think of how much he deserves more than me. Jungkook cleared his throat, snapping me out from my trance as he murmured. His voice above a whisper.

 

"In fact, I just said that because.." His voice trailed off, eyes looking everywhere on my face except my eyes as he took his sunglasses, tucking them into the pocket of his jeans as he let our lips brushed against each other and my breath hitched. Knees almost buckling at the sensation right after, he said his last few words. "I was aiming to do this," Jungkook finally let our lips touch, my eyes fluttering closed as I let him kiss me passionately, ignoring the fact that we were still on the street, obvious to the whole world to see us kissing. He leaned away, stopping the kiss and Jungkook was breathing in air while I did the same. Both of us breathless. The man had a soft grin over his lips as he put his hands over my waist, squeezing my waist as he uttered the words.

 

"I love you, Kim Saera,"

 

My eyes softened and I threw my arms around his neck as I tiptoed, hoping the distance between us shortened, "I love you, Jeon Jungkook," The ends of his lips curled even more, breaking into a gorgeous smile that it blew me away and I finally noticed, the red blushes on his cheeks. His left hand rubbing the back of his neck as he his lower lip, hesitating to let out the words flow. I unknowingly tilted my head at him, wondering what it was and then, I understood why he was so nervous. My jaw fell, gaping at him in amazement.

 

"Saera, theoretically speaking.... What if, a guy like me wants you to be his girlfriend?" He asked with eyes closed. The smile on my face grew wider if it was even possible, loving how cute he looked under the moonlight with such an anxious expression on his face. His eyes screwed , lips pursed into a thin line while his nose scrunched cutely as if he was bunny. I let my hands wander to his face, going to where his lips were and pulled at the ends, urging him to smile. Jungkook flinched for a moment, surprised and I giggled. My hands went to his neck again, resting there and I pecked him on the lips one last time before saying it.

 

"From what I see, the girl would be crazy to not say yes,"

 

I let the words sink into his mind, waiting for him to break into the gorgeous smile I had adored ever since I noticed how cute his two front teeth were. He embraced me, twirling us around and I let him, knowing he was definitely happy. Deep down my heart, I was happy too and we will be happy in the future too as long as we stick to each other.

 

- fin -