Chapter 33

The One That Got Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 33


Amber's POV

It's 1:10am and I can't seem to fall asleep. I keep thinking of how I should talk to Ailee. I mean, I still feel the same, I don't have the heart to hurt her. But I gotta do what I gotta do. I have to spare her from this mess. It will hurt, but it will hurt her even more if I don't talk to her soon enough.

To: Babe
You're probably asleep. Let me know if you're free tomorrow. We have to talk.

***

Morning finally came and I managed to get a few hours of sleep. I stretched my body with a groan and suddenly jolted up when I remembered to check my phone.

From: Babe
I'm free to talk. Just tell me when and where.

Brrr. I'm not used to Ailee being this cold. But I guess I deserve it.

To: Babe
Let's talk over lunch in Coreanos. If that's alright with you.

I don't think either of us will be able to eat at this rate. it. We can just have iced tea or whatever. My nerves are killing me right now.

From: Babe
Okay, I'll be there.

It's 10:30am, I have a lot of time to get ready. I skipped breakfast and headed straight to the bathroom. It wasn't long before I got dressed and ready to go. It's only 11:15am and Coreanos isn't far from my place so I decided to just walk there. I could use some air anyway. 

I neared the place and my chest was literally pounding. I finally went in and scanned the place. She isn't here yet.

I took a table at the corner. This is the best spot since we will be needing a bit of privacy so we can properly talk.

To: Babe
I'm here. I'll be waiting.

I was nervously tapping the table, non-stop as I waited for her. Thoughts of how she would react came rushing through my head. I felt really anxious to the point that I wanted to throw up.

Just then, I saw her walking towards me. my life.

"H---hey." I managed to croak as I stood up and pulled a chair out for her.

She did not say anything and just sat. I noticed that her eyes were kind of puffy and she looked tired. She looked like she didn't get any sleep at all.

"S--so, should we order first?" I asked her.

"I guess." She simply answered.

I called the waiter and he immediately came up to us to get our orders.

"I'll have a raspberry iced tea please." Ailee spoke.

"Okay, anything to eat, ma'am?" The waiter asked.

"Maybe later." She simply answered.

I knew it. We can't talk over lunch. Who would wanna eat in this atmosphere? Stupid.

"Please get me the same." I spoke.

The waiter looked like he understood, so he did not inquire further and just went to get our drinks.

"Did you eat?" I asked her.

"No, I'm not hungry." She blankly said.

"O---okay." I answered.

I fidgeted on my spot as I was still trying t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter