Chapter 12

The One That Got Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 12


Amber's POV

I woke up with a pounding headache and I struggled to find my cellphone to check the time.

9:15am

I saw Ailee's message but thought of replying later as I forced myself to sit up and walk to the door. I felt my body heavy and I was a little dizzy. 

"Nana..." I softly croaked.

"Nana... Hello? Are you there?"

Nothing.

Then I realized, crap, it's Sunday. It's Nana's day off and she won't be here today.

Just great. 'Cause I feel really sick and I don't have the energy to fix up a meal. Ugh. 

I walked back and sat on my bed. I'll just stay in bed and eat later when I feel better, I thought.

To: Ailee

Good morning. I just read your message. I was pretty knocked out last night. Sorry.

I remembered that I have to finish that project for tomorrow. But how will I do that when I'm having this splitting headache. Ottoke? Sigh. I hate being sick.

*Beep beep*

From: Ailee

I see you're awake. Good morning to you too. Feeling any better?

To: Ailee

No actually. I think I feel even worse. I think I'm sick.

From: Ailee

What? That's bad. Did you tell Nana? Ask her to make some soup for you. And you have to take some fever medicine. 

To: Ailee

Nana's not here. It's her rest day. I guess I'm just gonna sleep it off and I should be fine.

I closed my eyes as I was feeling even more dizzy, and cold. So I wrapped myself up with a blanket.

I think I fell asleep or I passed out when I woke up with the sound of my phone ringing. 

"Hello?" I managed to croak

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter