Chapter 10

The One That Got Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 10


Krystal's POV

"Sure, I'm buying. Let's go... Ailee." Amber said. She seems unenthusiastic.

She looked as though she's disappointed about something. I can't put my finger on it.

The three of us silently walked to the cafeteria. I can't help but feel the awkward atmosphere.

"So... Which one do you guys want?" Amber spoke. 

"I'll have strawberry!" Ailee chirped, not noticing the mood.

"I-I'll have mango please." I softly said.

Amber huffed a sigh and smiled. She then handed us our treats.

"Which one did you get, Amber?" Ailee curiously asked.

"Coffee flavor for me." She smiled at Ailee.

We sat at a nearby bench and ate. The awkward atmosphere seemed to have gone away and we were now talking comfortably, enjoying our ice cream. 

However, I couldn't help but think, what if it was just me and Amber? Would be even more awkward? 


Amber's POV

I admit, I felt a little disappointed about Ailee coming along with us. I mean, I got really excited with the thought of being alone with Krystal. But heck, Ailee's been really kind to me too. And she deserves the ice cream for worrying about me and taking me to the clinic.

So Krystal likes mango huh. I can't help but smile at her cuteness.

We all enjoyed our ice cream, and I enjoyed hanging out with them too. I guess I'll have my time with Krystal. Soon I hope.

Days passed smoothly and I was in a pretty stable relationship with my friends. We got to know each other better and are now more comfortable with each other. Same with Krystal. And Ailee, we became closer since we're lab partners and we're now used to working together. They both became my good friends. And yeah, I think I still have a "thing" for Krystal. If you know what I mean.

It's lunchtime on a Monday and Yuri told us that the official line up for the basketball team will be posted later today.

"Yo we have to celebrate, Ber! I'm so sure you're in!" Hyo high-fived me.

"No doubt about it, Amber! I saw you play! Daebak!" Ailee gave me a thumbs up.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter