Chapter 23

The One That Got Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 23

 

Amber's POV

I struggled to get out of bed this morning as I barely slept a wink last night. I keep thinking about this mess I'm in. Especially when I realized that I will surely ruin Krystal and Ailee's friendship. Ugh. I am such an idiot.

I got to school and hoped to see Yuri before my head explodes from overthinking.

"Yo Ber!" I immediately turned and saw Hyo walk up to me.

"Hey Hyo!" I greeted her back.

"Why so gloomy?" She asked me. See even my face shows that I'm struggling inside. Tsk.

"Uh, no. I just feel sleepy. I wanted to stay in bed. Mondays . Ugh." I replied.

"No, it doesn't!" We heard a voice behind us.

"Mondays are the best! Well, especially this Monday! I mean, today!" Yuri exclaimed.

"Yeah yeah, we know. You get to see your Sica Baby today." Hyo said as she patted Yuri's shoulder.

"Yo! You are so whipped!" I nudged her.

"Yah! I'm not the only one!" She nudged me back.

I stopped at her remark.

"S-sorry, Ber. That was--Sorry." Yul spoke.

"Wae? What's wrong?" Hyo asked, totally puzzled.

"It's a long story, Hyo." I sighed.

"It's alright. I am totally up for it." She answered.

"Well, you and Yul better knock some sense in me." I said as we continued to walk inside.

Long story short, Hyo seemed to know about it too. She said that I treated Krystal differently than the rest and that she was surprised when she knew that Ailee and I were dating since she knew that I had my eye on Krystal from the beginning. She even said that we looked too cute whenever Krystal and I are together. 

Am I that obvious though? I wonder if Ailee noticed anything.

"Baaabe!" She suddenly attacked me with a hug.

"Oh, you're here." I hugged her back.

"Hi Hyo, hi yuri! How have you been guys?" Ailee greeted them.

"Hi Ailee! We're good. Still good looking as always!" Hyo joked.

"Haha! That's right! Congratulations! And for your solo too! Daebak!" Yuri greeted her with both thumbs up.

"Thank you guys! We're glad to make the school proud." She smiled.

Ailee really is a sweet girl. She would have been so perfect. I mean she is but, someone else holds that title in my eyes. 

I noticed that Krystal had not yet arrived. Man, I'm with Ailee but all I could think about is her. 

Just then an announcement was made telling us to gather in the field for the morning ceremony, which is usually held on Mondays. 

We went down with Hyo and Yul, while Ailee clinged to my arm. 

We got to the field and we immediately saw Krystal and Jess unnie.

"Hey Sica!" Yuri called out to her excitedly.

"Yuri-ah!" She smiled sweetly at her. 

"Hey Krys!" Ailee squealed.

I looked at Krystal and her eyes immediately darted at Ailee's hands which clinged to my arm. 

"Hey Ailee! Congratulations!" She spoke as they both gave each other a h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter