Chapter 30

The One That Got Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 30

 

Krystal's POV

It's 6:30pm, I'm just fixing my make up then I'm all set. I feel quite anxious about going with Kai, but excited to be spending the night with my friends. Anxious-excited, I guess.

6:45pm

"Soojung honey! Jongin's here!" Mom called out.

He's early. Trying to make a good impression huh?

"I'll be there in a minute, mom!" I answered.

I stood up to fix my dress in front of the mirror. 

"Relax Soojung. He's an old friend. Don't be awkward." I whispered to myself.

I went to Jess unnie's room before going down.

*Knock knock*

"Come in!" I heard her say.

"Unnie, Jongin's here. I'm going down." I told her.

"Omo! Soojung-ah! Look at you! You're so gorgeous like your sister!" She grabbed my shoulders and spun me around.

"Yah unnie! I'm getting dizzy! But yes, where else would I get my good looks from, right?" I flashed a smile at her.

"Of course! Okay, you go ahead and sweep this guy off his feet." She teased.

"Uhh, what about no?" I rolled my eyes at her.

"He's just an old friend unnie. Wait, aren't you riding with us?" I asked her.

"Aniyo. I have my own date, ya know." She wriggled her eyebrows at me.

"Alright, see you there." I gave her a peck on the cheek.

I went down the stairs as careful as I could, trying not to fall on my face with these high heels on. I saw him stand up as he saw me going down. He had this weird look on his face like he saw a ghost or something.

"Hey. You're early." I greeted him.

He stayed quiet and eyed me from head to foot.

"Yah oppa!" I nudged him.

"Wh-what? Huh?"

He stood up straight and fixed his tie, as if regaining his composure.

"I mean, good evening, Soojung. You look lovely tonight." He flashed me a huge smile.

"Thank you, Oppa. You look great as well." I answered. 

To be honest, this guy indeed looks dashing in a suit. Plus he's tall and his suit fits him well. 

"Thanks. Are you ready to go?" He offered his arm to usher me out.

I placed my left hand on his right arm and we began walking to the door.

"Mom, we're leaving." I called out.

"Omo! You two look perfect together! What a beautiful couple!" She squealed as she clasped her hands together upon seeing us.

"Thanks, Auntie Jung. We'll be leaving now. And don't worry, I'll ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter