Chapter 27

The One That Got Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 27


Amber's POV

We're in the second half of the school year and the school fair is happening next week. Wooot! I am kind of looking forward to it since I heard from everyone that SM High's fair is always a blast. Plus, the High School Dance, the highlight of the annual fair is also happening on that weekend. I guess you all know that I'm going with Ailee right? I'm her automatic date. So there. And yeah, we can invite outsiders too if we want. It's a soiree thing.

Yuri has been stressing out on asking Jessica unnie to the dance. Poor thing.

"Come on, just ask her already!" Hyo nudged Yuri.

"How? Like just come up to her and ask her straight up?" Yuri asked.

"Uh, yeah? What else is there to do?" Hyo replied with a shrug.

"She wants to be all cheesy-romantic about it, Hyo." I winked at her. 

"Awwwwe! Our lover girl!" Hyo squealed. 

"Yah! You guys aren't helping at all!" Yuri countered.

"Just be natural about it, Yul. Tell her how much you want to go with her." I told her.

"I know. I just don't know how to do it. Ugh! Lucky you Ber, you don't have to go through this!" She nudged me. 

"Yeah, that's just how it is." I said with a sigh.

The two looked at each other and stayed quiet.

"Have you talked to her yet?" Yul broke the silence.

"No. I can't seem to find the right timing. It would be such a move to tell her before the dance, so... Not yet." I answered.

"Hang in there, Ber. You'll sort things out soon." Hyo wrapped an arm around my shoulders.


It's finally the day of the fair. Everyone seems excited about the activities and most of all, not having classes. The basketball team is in-charged of the Jail Booth, so me and my teammates are on the look out for whoever is being described by the DJ. 

"People wearing blue sneakers are wanted at the jail booth! So you guys, watch out!" The DJ announced.

My teammates all went running looking for their "victims". I however, was a little tired and wanted to chill for a bit, so I decided to sit down on the stone tables near the field. Just then, a girl quickly passed by me and my eyes immediately darted to her feet. She has blue sneakers on. I hurriedly walked after her and as I neared her I raised my arms holding the belt we use to "capture" people and encircled it around her. 

"You're going to jail!" I half screamed at her.

I can tell she was surprised as she jumped a little and quickly turned to look at me.

I froze as I saw her face.

"K--Krystal?" I stuttered like an idiot.

"Yah! What's this?!" She wriggled.

I stood there still looking at her.

"Amber!" She yelled.

"Huh? Uh--- Sneakers! Uh-- you're wearing blue sneakers. S- so I gotta put you to jail!" I stuttered some more. F*uck.

"Really? Omigod, Am. Like seriously?" She said with a straight face.

"Um, I guess? You're wanted at the jail booth so yeah, I'm taking you!" I countered while pulling her to the direction of the booth.

"Amber! Stop! You are such a dork!" She chuckled.

"And you are such a Princess!" I retorted. 

"So how come you're gonna jail a Princess, huh?" She pouted.

We stopped walking, my arms holding the belt, still encircled around her.

I froze again as we made eye contact, her face not too far away from mine. I looked right into her eyes, as if wanting to say everyth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter