Chapter 22

The One That Got Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 22


Amber's POV

I woke up this morning feeling refreshed. Sleep did me really good, now I feel well-rested. It's Sunday and I'm home alone again. I immediately checked my phone and saw that I got a text from Ailee.

From: Babe

Good morning babe. I'm sure you're still asleep. Just wanted to let you know that we're on our way back. Can't wait to see you :-)

To: Babe

Good morning. I just woke up. Are you home?

My stomach started to rumble so I went downstairs to make some breakfast. I can't really cook so I guess I'll be having cereals and a sandwich. I decided to take my food to the living room and watch tv while I eat. Aah, this is the life. Lazy Sundays are the best.

*Ding-dong, ding-dong*

Huh? Someone's at the door. Who could it be? I'm not expecting anyone.

*Ding-dong, ding-dong*

"Who is it?" I asked.

*Ding-dong, ding-dong*

I finally opened the door and...

"SURPRIIISE!!!" 

A pair of arms suddenly encircled my neck in a tight hug.

"Baaabe! I missed you sooo much!" She squealed while hugging me tighter.

"I missed you too, babe." I hugged her back.

"But wait, what are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be at home?" I asked.

"I was on my way home but I asked my driver to drop me off for a bit. I wanted to see you as soon as I got back." She answered, her hands caressing my cheeks.

"That's sweet of you babe. But you should go and rest. You must have gotten up so early this morning." I told her.

"Yeah, we had to leave early. But I'm so happy I'm back here with you again. I really missed you." She snuggled on my chest.

"Me too. Have you eaten? I have err- cereals." I offered.

"No, but it's okay. I told my mom I'll have breakfast at home so she must have prepared something." She answered.

"Okay then you should get going, so you could get some rest too. See you in school tomorrow." I sent her off.

"Yes, sorry I can't stay and make you a decent breakfast. Next time babe, I promise." She raised her right hand.

"It's okay. This is my favorite cereal anyway. Thanks babe. And oh yeah, congratulations." I kissed her on the cheek.  

"I could have gotten you a gift, but I didn't know you were coming, so..." 

I got cut off when suddenly she kissed me on the lips.

"You don't have to babe. Being with you is enough. I love you." She sweetly smiled.

I couldn't say anything more so I just gave her a hug as I sent her off.

Suddenly, I didn't feel so well. It felt like my stomach was turning and my insides were all stiff. I felt hot, and cold at the same time. I just felt really uncomfortable.

Is it guilt? Is this the feeling of being guilty about something?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter