Chapter 3

The One That Got Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3

I woke up this morning feeling refreshed. I excitedly got up as I remembered that today is the day of the Orientation and Club Fair. 

I arrived school and noticed that everyone looked so busy. Students were walking around, here and there, busy setting up their respective club booths along the school grounds. I immediately scanned the area, hoping to see a particular person. 

"Watch it!" I was startled when I heard a loud shriek and the sound of stuff falling to the floor. 

I did not realize I was walking backwards looking for that person so I crashed into someone.

*CRASH!!!*

"Oh s*hit" I said under my breath. "I'm so sorry, I didn't see you! Here let me help you." I bent down and picked up the stuff on the floor. Mostly paper, small cans of paint and some brushes. I found out that I bumped to a girl and I can't see her face as she was facing the floor, picking up her things. I can hear her muttering, probably cursing me for knocking her out. 

She stood up, and I did too, turning to face her. Oh wow, she's pretty.
"I'm sorry, here let me help you carry these. Where are you headed?"
She was looking at me blankly. Thank God she doesn't looked all too pissed.

"I-It's okay." She whispered. "Just look where you're going next time. Looks like you were walking backwards." She smiled.

"Oh yeah sorry. I was kinda looking for someone. I'm Amber, by the way. Which one's your booth?"

"It's that one right by the building entrance. Thanks for helping me carry these. I was struggling before you knocked me out anyway. Amber right? I'm Ai.."

"Hey Ailee!!!" A familiar voice called.

I turned around and saw Krystal running to our direction.

"Soojung-ah!" I was kinda confused. Who's Soojung? I mean, it's Krystal right? Is she a twin or something?

"I missed you! Good to see you back! How was your vacation?" It's pretty awkward standing here with them talking like this so I cleared my throat so they'd notice me.

"Eherm!"

"Oh sorry, Amber right? I'm Ailee and this is my friend Krystal Jung Soojung."

"Oh so you're Soojung too!" I pointed at her. 

"Were you confused? Haha.  Soojung's my Korean name." She explained. 

"I see you guys know each other already." Ailee butted in.

"Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter