Chapter 20

The One That Got Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 20

 

Amber's POV

I was unenthusiastic about saying goodbye to Krystal today, I really wanted to hang out with her. Ailee will be back on Monday and I don't think we can hang out like we did yesterday anymore. But we have basketball practice and hey, I gotta set my priorities right, shouldn't I?

Wait, what am I saying? Ugh. More like set your mind straight Amber. Ailee is your girlfriend. Not Krystal. Which reminds me, I gotta text her.

To: Babe

Hey Babe, how are you? Relax and just do your thing, okay? Text me as soon as you're done. Missing you (T.T)

Sent.

I looked over to Yuri and she's too focused on her phone.

"Checking on her, huh?" I wiggled my eyebrows at her.

"Yah! Mind your own business!" She nudged me.

"Haha. It's okay bud, she'll say yes to you soon!" I .

"I haven't even asked her yet. I just want to establish a steady connection first, ya know." She winked at me.

"Looks like you already did, Yul. She's ice cold to anyone but you! And her sister of course. Haha. Well, good luck with that bud." I patted her shoulder.

*PRRRRT!*

The whistle interrupted our little convo as our coach called us to start with stretching and warm up exercises. 

We finished doing our stretching exercises and we are now running and doing drills to improve our speed and stamina. I was starting to get really exhausted but I gotta keep my focus. 

*PRRRRRRT!*

Finally. That was the signal for the 5-minute rest and water break. I went straight to the bench and gulped my water bottle empty. I gotta sit down and catch my breath. Phew!

"Kyaaaa! Ambeeer!" I noticed a group of freshmen squealing and waving at me. 

"Yo Ber! Tell your fan-girls to relax, will you?" Yuri teased me.

Not wanting to be rude, I waved back to them.

"Kyaaaa! She noticed me! Omigosh!" One of them shrilled.

"Yah! I told you to calm them down!" Yuri smacked my arm.

"Haha! They're just being friendly Yul!" I nudged her.

"OMIGOOOOOSH! AMBERRR! I LOOOVE YOUUU!"

A girl suddenly squealed in a very loud voice.

I almost broke my neck as I turned to see who it is.

"YAH! Kim Hyoyeon!" Yuri called out.

I saw her and Krystal walking in and Hyo was still acting like a fan-girl. Yul, Krystal and I were laughing at her. 

"Amber! Notice me!" Hyo mockingly said as they passed by the freshmen girls. We laughed even harder as we saw them glaring at Hyo. 

"Yo, what are you guys doing here?" I walked over to them.

"What else? Fan-girling over you guys!" Hyo chuckled.

"But it looks like you already have enough of them." Krystal said as she side-eyed the group of girls.

I bit back a smile. I'm all hyped now that Krystal is here.

*PRRRRRRT!*

Break was over and we resumed with the drills. Soon after, we had another 5-minute break before we have our practice game. I was wheezing with exhaustion as I put my hands on my knees, trying to catch my breath. I got my water bott

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter