Chapter 19

The One That Got Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 19


Ailee's POV

4:00pm

To: Babe

Hi Babe, we just got off from practice. I'm super tired, and a bit nervous about tomorrow. How are you? I miss you :'(

5:00pm

To: Babe

Babe, are you there? You're usually home by this time. Please text me. I miss you so much.

Still no reply. I called her about 3 times already, no answer. That's odd. Where are you, Am?

5:45pm

To: Babe

Hello? Babe? It's almost 6pm. Where are you? I'm getting worried :-/ Text me when you get this please.

Where could she be? Amber doesn't usually stay in school until this time, unless she has basketball practice. But she didn't mention that she has practice today though.

6:20pm

*Riiing riiing riiing!...*

(Babe calling)

"Hello?" I hurriedly picked up the call. 

"Hey you!" She chirped.

"Yah, where were you? I've been texting and calling you for hours! Tsk!" I scolded her.

"Sorry babe, I just got home. I watched Hyo's volleyball game after class. You're not mad, are you?" She worriedly asked.

"No, I just got worried, that's all. So, how was it? Did they win? Did you guys cheer for her? I bet you and Yuri went all out huh?" I trailed off.

"Of course they won. Hyo did really well. She's was awesome! Plus yeah, me and Krystal cheered like crazy for her!" She sounded like she had fun.

"Oh, just you and Krys? How about Yuri?" 

"Yuri had errands with her mom so she had to go after class. Anyway, how about you? How was practice? Tomorrow's the big day, huh?" She asked.

"Practice was exhausting, but it was a productive day. We're ready, though I'm a little bit nervous." I told her.

"Aw, relax babe. I bet you guys are gonna kill it! You are an excellent singer, and that's one of the things I like about you." She assured me.

"I miss you babe. Ugh. I wish you're here with me." I groaned.

"I miss you too. Too bad I can't be there. But you know I'm always proud of you, right?" 

"Yes, thanks babe. I'm glad I got to talk to you and hear your voice. You always know how to comfort me. I love you, Am." I said to her.

"Of course, you are my girlfriend. I should be doing this for you." She answered.

"Hey Ailee, sorry to disturb but we have to go get dinner with the others. Hi Amber, say hello to the gang for me!" Luna butted in.

"Tell Luna good luck for tomorrow! Fighting!" Amber answered.

"Alright, I'll tell her. Gotta go babe, talk to you soon, okay? Love you!" I chirped.

"Okay, take care! Bye!" 

And she hung up. 

I know, Amber still hasn't said "I love you" to me. But it's okay if she isn't there yet. I'm not pressuring her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter