Chapter 24

The One That Got Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 24


Amber's POV

I was almost dozing off in class. I told you, I barely slept last night. This thing with Krystal and Ailee really bothers me, and I still can't figure out what to do about it.

If there's anything I like about sitting in class, it's because I get to steal (frequent) glances to Krystal without her knowing. She sits on the 2nd row to my left while I sat on the 4th. Just the perfect spot to get a good view. Heh.

I look over to her for the nth time and I noticed that she looked really uncomfortable. Her pale face also did not go unnoticed. There must be something wrong, I thought to myself. Her legs were crossed and it looked like she was trying hard not to bury her head on her desk.

I continued to check on her from time to time, making sure that Ailee doesn't notice it. We're in Biology class, so I'm sitting next to her. I caught Luna saying something to Krystal with a worried look on her face. This time I got even more curious. Is she okay?

After a few minutes, Krys excused herself to the bathroom. I was certain that she looked like she was in a hurry, but struggled to walk at the same time. Is she sick or something?

I fidgeted in my spot while she was gone. I was restless. 

"Hey, what's wrong?" Ailee whispered.

Oh s*hit, I'm being too obvious.

"Huh? Nothing. I really have to pee." I lied.

I just badly wanted to go and check on Krystal. I don't know why but I have a bad feeling about this. I excused myself to go a few minutes after she did. I bolted as quickly as I can as soon as I went out the classroom door, straight to the bathroom.

I got in and no one was there. So I immediately checked the cubicles and found that the one on the corner was locked. I peeked from under the door and I saw someone sitting on the floor. 

"Krystal! Krys?"

*Bang bang bang!*

I banged the door hard with my fist. I was sure it's her.

"Are you there? Krystaaal!" I was literally screaming this time.

*Bang bang bang!*

She did not respond. My heart raced and I knew something bad has happened. F*uck!

I got up, took some steps back as I mustered all my strength as I prepared to kick the cubicle door open. Well yeah, I was scared that the door might hit her if I kick it in but it didn't matter much as I was already in panic and I just wanted to get to her as soon as possible. 

With one swift kick, the cubicle door swung open. Thank God it did not hit her as she was leaning her body to the side, against the wall... Completely passed out. My heart stopped. I was totally terrified when I saw her. 

Her eyes were closed. Her lips pale and dry. She was sweating profusely.

"Krystal!" I picked her up in my arms and gently shook her, cleaning up her hair that stuck on her face. Her skin was really cold.

Nothing.

"Krys? Krys! Wake up!" I gently tapped her cheeks this time. I was on the verge of tears. 

She won't wake up.

With all the adrenaline and panic, I swooped her up easily and carried her bridal style as I rushed her to the school clinic.

As I got there, she was still unconscious and was immediately taken by the nurse, and laid her down on the bed. She examined her at once.

"What happened?" The other nurse worriedly asked.

"I don't know, Miss. I just found her unconscious inside the bathroom stall." I struggled to answer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter