50

Run
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shinyoung almost gasped aloud at the sight of the ring. She was very sure that she left it on the table next to her bed before going to bed. How did it get here? She wondered, but no one could give her an answer. She reached out a hand for the ring but strangely she found herself shaking. She wasn't even sure if it was out of afraid or was it because of the cold wind?

"I'd never lie, at least not to you."

What? Shinyoung was close to screaming as she heard the voice right at the back of her neck. She spun on her heels so fast that the hem of her dress got tangled up on her feet and she tripped. Fortunately, instead of colliding with cold floor, she felt an arm around her waist preventing her from falling. Instead, she met with a familiar face.

She found herself drowning looking at him right in the eyes as he did the same. Both of them were silent, none of them knew what to say or to start. Unknowingly, Shinyoung brought a hand up. She had to touch his face to make herself believe it wasn't a dream. Just as her hand touch his cheek, she could feel the warmth spreading.

It's really him, Shinyoung thought, still unable to remove her hand from his face. It was so surreal, she couldn't believe Junghan was right in front of her eyes, holding her. There were so many things she wanted to tell him, to ask him, to scold him. She had to tell herself numerous times that she wasn't dreaming, but still it was hard to believe.

None of them were moving, nor speaking. Both of them were like statues and this was the first time they were like this. Shinyoung opened , waiting for the words to come voluntarily like it always did, but this time it didn't. However, before she could say anything, Junghan was fast enough to keep the silence between them.

His kiss was very warm and pleasing for her. She had to believe that this wasn not a dream. She could hear his confession over the kiss, it was absurd but she wasn't lying. Shinyoung had also realised how much she missed him, the man she was once afraid of.

"I kept my promise." Junghan said as soon as they broke the kiss, and Shinyoung finally removed her hand from his cheek. "And what is that?" she raised a brow. Junghan released his hold of her, replacing his warmth on her with cold wind. "That I'd come back." he said as he took the ring and examined it to see if she took care of it well, Shinyoung had to scoff at the sight.

"You could've told me, at least I wouldn't be waiting like a fool." Shinyoung said, a bit upset that she did look like a fool. "Well, here I am, right?" Junghan laughed and glanced a look at her. "What's so special about that ring anyway? You seemed very protective of it when I first found it, but I'm surprised you gave it to me through my brother." she said stealing glances at the ring and him.

"It was my mother's." he answered too short to her liking. Nonetheless, Shinyoung kept her gaze at the forest instead of him, pretending uninterested of his story when she actually wanted to hear more.

"This ring was actually worn by the females in my family. You can say it's a family wedding ring, so we don'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter