37

Run
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When dawn came, Shinyoung immediately jumped off her bed and headed to where she last saw Hansol. She wasn't able to sleep as she kept worrying about Hansol and Soonyoung. The Princess rushed her steps down the stairs but she remembered to be cautious and silent. When she finally reached the hallway, she stopped. She tried seeing where she was heading.

She heard a sound of door slamming yesterday but she didn't see which one. Heck, she had barely been to this side of the castle. With silent steps, she approached the closest door to her right and twist the doorknob. Her heart was thumping loudly as she was quite afraid of what she might see. However, to her avail there was nothing. It was just an empty room.

After she tried number of doors, she finally came to a last one. She had a feeling this was where Seungcheol might've keep both Hansol and Soonyoung. For some reason, she wasn't ready to see the two knights' condition. Shinyoung knew them so well and it'll hurt her seeing them in a horrible state. She did want the same thing to happen to them like what happened to her family.

She touched the doorknob and twisted it. At first, she expected for the door to be locked because it's only rational for Seungcheol to do so, however it wasn't. She pushed the door open a little and she could see that it was dark. All she could see was black and she hasn't even open the door fully yet. Before Shinyoung could even push the door further someone called for her.

"What are you doing?"

She recognised the voice so well and the moment she heard him, hairs behind her neck stood. She could feel cold sweat forming on her forehead. She had never experience fear like this before, it was thrilling. Shinyoung stopped pushing the door and stood there frozen. After a few seconds, she regained her self-conscious and looked at the male standing a few steps to her right.

"Oh, I... I heard some, um... knocking and I decided to check what was in here." Shinyoung answered as she sheepishly smiled. "That's odd, why would there be knockings in the weaponry room?" Seungcheol asked as he stepped closer to the room. This is the weaponry room? Shinyoung wondered as she felt cold wind blowing through her spine.

Why would Hansol be dragged into the weaponry room? Don't tell me... Shinyoung couldn't even continue her thoughts. It was horrible just thinking of it and she wished it was just her imagination. She watched as Seungcheol grabbed a sword and closed the door behind him. He acted normal, as if nothing happened. You don't even know if he did it. Shinyoung told herself.

"Do you need assistance with anything, Your Highness?" Seungcheol asked and the girl immediately shook her head and left his side. Seungcheol was her main suspect for now but she needed to find the answers from the start. He knew that Seungcheol had a big heart so it would be rather hard for him to kill anyone for his own joy.

Shinyoung told Seungkwan about what she heard last night and that she was heading to the house where she discovered t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter