20

Run
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Seungkwan! Seungkwan! Seung-"

Before the Princess could even finish calling for her brother's name, she shut as she saw her twin had his index finger on his lips, indicating for her to keep quiet. She didn't know why he did that but she obeyed and walked closer to him. When she finally got a look at what made him tell her to do so, Shinyoung cupped with both of her hands to prevent herself from making noises.

It was the knights again, they were guarding down her chamber by the balcony, for what reason she didn't know but it was probably to prevent her from escaping. However, that wasn't all. One of their eyes were shining, it was golden.

Then it hit the Princess, could one of them be the one who attacked her? However, she recalled Mingyu's words when he was talking Soonyoung. He clearly said he didn't see her at all when he fought with a wolf, or could he be lying? Nevertheless, it didn't make any sense. Why would her own knight tried to kill her? Why does it have to be in the woods? Why not use all the times he had before?

Moments later, the twins can't believe their eyes. They saw a furry beast walking towards the knights. However, none of them panicked. They stayed calm and normal and this made the twins even more anxious. When the moonlight shone upon the beast, they were finally able to see the full figure of the golden-eyed wolf. Shinyoung's heart started to beat rapidly as a particular scene replayed inside her mind.

"Seungkwan, I think that's the wolf that attacked me." she whispered. The Prince turned to look at his sister to ensure she wasn't fooling around. He could see even in the dark, that she was being serious. They proceeded to watch until the wolf turned itself back into a human form whilst one of the knight threw him a robe. At first, his face wasn't clear because it was too dark to see but then they both saw it.

Mingyu.

It made sense because he had an injury on his left shoulder and Shinyoung was very sure Junghan bit the wolf that attacked her on its shoulder, although she couldn't remember which side... However, she still couldn't understand why someone she really trusted would try to kill her. Shinyoung tried to find a flaw in her assumption but she couldn't, Mingyu fit it perfectly.

"We can't trust them anymore." Seungkwan said as he moved away from the balcony. Shinyoung stared at the knights for a while before shutting the balcony door quietly. She wanted to hear his reasons but asking wouldn't be a choice, she had to find out herself.

"Hey, look! I found something." Seungkwan called for his sister as he pointed on something on the pages. The two were in the castle's library because Seungkwan said he wanted to know the difference of a wolf with golden eyes and a wolf with blue eyes. Shinyoung agreed with her brother as she found herself a book about the villages in their kingdom. The name Elidry still bothers her.

"It said that a golden eyed wolf is known for its cunning and brilliant tracking skills, it is also faster than other wolves. While a blue eyed wolf is known for its strength and bravery, and also... kindness. The golden eyed ones are normally the high ranked ones as they were born from a noble family. The blue eyed ones ar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter