47

Run
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Long live the Queen!"

The whole town was shook with the voices of people hailing their brand new Queen. The square was full of people, surrounding the Queen as she waved her hand from her carriage, greeting her people, announcing her take over of the throne. She kept on a steady smile, a smile her mother once put on every time she was with the people of their kingdom.

The people showed her a lot of expressions, some were proud of how she grew up as she was always the childish and troublemaker one, some were happy as they could finally see her in a beautiful dress and a crown on her head, other were confused, why would she rule without a King by her side and what happened to the previous King.

Nonetheless, she put on the sweetest smile and a masked stoic expression to show everyone that she was doing fine and there was nothing for them to worry about. It was a lie, everyone knew that but as long as she didn't announce anything that could scare them, everyone had to pretend that nothing really happened.

As soon as her carriage reached the castle, she kept her poise as a Queen until she was finally in her bedchamber. As soon as the door closed behind her, she dropped herself on her bed. Shinyoung let out a sigh, it was tiring for her.

It had been a month since all those incidents ended, and today was her final day of her coronation as the kingdom's new Queen. A lot of question was raised of where were the whearabouts of her twin and why was she ruling without a King, but none of them dared to ask her directly as they could easily tell something had happened.

She turned to her left and found a family portrait of her family, she smiled sadly remembering each one of them clearly. She was very upset with the fact she might never know where Seungkwan might be, she couldn't even answer herself if he was dead or alive but one thing she was sure was that she missed him, very much.

The castle seemed to be bigger than it already was, it felt empty. It wasn't as lively as she remembered. The thought of her family brought tears to her eyes, it was hard being a Queen, ruling all by herself. She felt empty, merely a puppet. All she did was listen to Royal Court has planned, it was devastating as she never liked it.

"Your Majesty?"

With that call, she realised she had been daydreaming in the court. "Yes?" she raised a brow pretending everything was fine, she tried to ignore the eyes that were on her. Shinyoung knew so well that most of the people in this very hall never agreed with her being the Queen but since it was the King's last will, they had to obey.

"We were wondering of what you have in mind to do with the wolves in our kingdom." one of them said and it made her quiet. Wolves, they said it as if the wolves were monsters. She knew them well enough to know that the remaining ones were not as evil as the ones that were already gone, they were nice.

"Let them be, they mean no harm." she answered simply. However, that was not the answer most of the court wanted to hear. It scared her that people in this hall were like monsters and she wanted to laugh of how they call themselves caring for wanting to get rid of the real beasts. Hypocrites, that was what she always thought.

"No harm? Forgive me, Your Majesty but did these beast not killed t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter