5

Run
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was getting darker and darker and Seungkwan got even worrier as there were still no trace of his sister. When he reported to his father, the King immediately requested for the knights to go and search for her. He too wanted to come along, but Seungkwan told him to rest as he had a minor headache attack when he heard the news.

He was planning a lot of things as a back up if can't seem to find Shinyoung tonight and he also planned a lot of things to do to her when they find her. But knowning Shinyoung, he knew she wouldn't just run out of the castle at night for nothing. Moreover, she decided to climb down the balcony instead of using the backdoor like she used to. It was just not right.

"Sire, we have searched the whole area outside the gates and there were no sign of the Princess." Hansol reported as he bowed his head. "Well, I am not stopping until she is found. Search the woods!" the Prince commanded.

He could see that some of the knights were startled at his command but nonetheless they obey. Yes, the forest is known to be the scariest place to be. All of those rumours about encountering wolves and strange creatures were claimed to be true by the villagers and it scare even the King and Queen. That was why they wouldn't let the twins to ever head out of the castle.

It was so dark that Seungkwan himself could barely see. The fire torch they were using weren't as helpful as he wanted it to be. He can't see what was further in front of him, unlike when it was broad daylight.

"Any sense of the Princess?"

Soonyoung asked as he kept close to Mingyu, one of the best tracker among the knights. Mingyu shook his head and continued to try and track the female down. He felt uneasy at her sudden disappearance after her strange act at the village a few days ago. He kept silent and continue to look down the ground for footsteps and bullseye! he found one.

He nudged Soonyoung who was beside him and the boy looked at him confusingly. Mingyu pointed to the ground and they both saw a torn part of a cloth or more precisely, dress. Mingyu picked it up and he went to show it to the Prince.

"This is indeed Shinyoung's. Lead the way," he told the knight to. Mingyu bowed his head and start to lead the way he even suggested some of them should separate in case they might discover something else.

The cold wind blew, hitting his skin and the Prince shivered. He felt really cold and it would be nice and comfortable if he was in his room right now. However, he shook his head at the thought when he remembered Shinyoung. She must be shivering with only a dress, he thought. So, he braved himself and continue the searching.

After what seemed like hours of walking, Shinyoung's legs gave up. She dropped down on the snow and cuddled herself up below a pine tree. It was cold, but luckily her dress was thick enough to keep her warm.

In her dreams, the route she was currently walking seemed identical but after a long walk she still can't find the village. It required a lot less walking in her dreams. She kept telling herself that she was close but she felt like giving up now. She can't seem to find any trace of a village anywhere in the woods. Maybe it wasn't real, she sighed to herself.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter